big crash, help needed with wires
2019 10 2015-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bactrimforte
lvl.2

Italy

Hi guys,
   badly crashed my p3, still try to understand what happened. Now, as you can see by attachment the cam wires disconnected from the plug, seems easy but I don't know wich wire (pic a) goes to the right hole (pic b). So, please, if someone of you could tell me if wire 1 goes to hole 1, 2, 3...., wire 2 in hole 1,2.... and so on I'll really appreciate.

Thank you in advance!

a.jpg
b.jpg
2015-5-13
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Right wire (on your photo) on 1
2015-5-13
Use props
bactrimforte
lvl.2

Italy

Ulysse Posted at 2015-5-14 05:03
Right wire (on your photo) on 1

Thanks Ulysse, so:
wire 8 hole 1
w 7 h 2
wire 1 hole 8.

Thank you so much!
2015-5-13
Use props
olympic_spice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98934 ft
United States

Did the whole gimbal break off?
2015-5-13
Use props
gsp171
lvl.3

United States

What happened?
2015-5-13
Use props
bactrimforte
lvl.2

Italy

@ olympic_spice : gimbal fine @ 80%, I mean: the camera is ok, at least I think, I can't check it, the plug can't accept the wires, a small part is "squeezed" so can't be wired. The metal part with motor is ok, only the plastic part you can see in attach is broken (in the picture seems ok but is broken in two pieces, top right branch).

@  gsp171 : afaik? don't know. Was around 18:00 so before the evening thermal stream which, here in this period, usually starts at 19:30 so no windy. Was coming back slowly and at 5m from home point suddenly the p3 went throught a pine tree. Seemed nothing serious, prop were stopped and the p3 was lying on a branch of the tree. While I was going under the tree without the controller the p3 props restarted and crashed. At this point I can think the props were blocked not shutted down.

I've contacted my local (300km from here) to undestand if DJI spare parts have these pieces (hey DJI, I wasn't able to find a spare part catalog, where is it?) and waiting for a reply.

I'll keep you informed.

BF

PS: btw at the moment I fixed the plastic part of the gimbal, the wires are still waiting.
c.jpg
2015-5-13
Use props
pierpaolo.role
lvl.1

Italy

ciao è successa la stessa cosa a me cosa si può fare  a me non faceva il torna home e quindi apoco da terra è andato a sbattere tutto ok ma camera rotta sapresti aiutarmi
2015-5-14
Use props
bactrimforte
lvl.2

Italy

pierpaolo.role Posted at 2015-5-15 03:50
ciao è successa la stessa cosa a me cosa si può fare  a me non faceva il torna home e quindi apoco ...

[ENG] Hi Pierpaolo,
  the gimbal and camera is sold by most DJI dealers, you could contact the same where you bought your p3 and if it is just the gimbal without problems with the flat cable you should be able to substitute the whole piece for around 500€ (!!!).  By the way in my case DJI asked me to send the craft for check & analysis, I'm quite sure to understand if there is something wrong in the software or in sensors, but I'm not so convinced to stay without my p3 for 4-6 weeks. I'm waiting a contact from DJI EU support to understand how long will take this "check & analysis". Obviously if your problem wasn't your fault, and you strictly followed the instructions, a check & analysis by DJI support, as asked from them, is it also my advice.

[ITA] Ciao Pierpaolo,
  il gimbal con la cam è venduto da molti rivenditori DJI, potresti contattare lo stesso dove hai comprato il tuo p3 e se non ci sono problemi di cavi dovresti essere capace di sostituire tutto il pezzo per circa 500€ (!!!). Comunque, nel mio caso DJI mi ha chiesto di spedir loro il mio drone per un controllo e analisi, sono quasi sicuro per valutare eventuali errori nel software o nei sensori, ma non sono molto continvo di rimanere senza p3 per 4-6 settimane. Sto attendendo un contatto da parte del supporto EU di DJI per capire le tempistiche "check & analysis". Ovviamente se il tuo problema non è stato causato da te, e hai seguito alla lettera le istruzioni, un controllo da parte del supporto DJI, come richiesto da loro stessi, è anche il mio consiglio.

PS: sei P.R. la guida alpina?
2015-5-14
Use props
pierpaolo.role
lvl.1

Italy

bactrimforte Posted at 2015-5-15 14:11
[ENG] Hi Pierpaolo,
  the gimbal and camera is sold by most DJI dealers, you could contact the same ...

si però non so chi sei   se mi riesci contattare  Facebook o altro mi farebbe piacere grazie
2015-5-15
Use props
bactrimforte
lvl.2

Italy

hai richiesta in attesa su fb, btw non ci conosciamo ;)
2015-5-18
Use props
bactrimforte
lvl.2

Italy

Ok, a little update. Yesterday evening in a sort of self destruction thought I tested again the p3, keeping the cable separated. It flew. Hovering ok, easy 360° movements were ok. So, afaik, only the gimbal could have a problem, in the specific only the cable...
2015-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules