123Next >
7411 110 2018-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rblomqvist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
Malaysia

As many Mavic Air owners experienced and also confirmed by DJI, the .400 fw has some severe problems, including the yaw issue.  
I understand and appreciate it takes some time for DJI to identify the problems, address them and test before release an update, but it would be nice to get some sort of timeline when and what to expect.

Owners will only be so patient; having a $1000 drone just ”collecting dust”. Some progress status would be very helpful. I have seen yaw issue multiple times and currently hesitate to fly due to it, being afraid losing the AC or worse.

Also, since not everyone experiences this issue, I wonder if it has to do with certain batches of Airs with different hardware (revisions of components)

In my case I received my Air Jan 31st, so most likely I have one of the first production batches. (And I've been pretty happy with it until .400 fw)

Would be interesting if DJI could confirm or deny they have seen a link to certain hardware, and if they don't have that knowledge, send out a survey to owners to find out.
If not, I guess a poll here would do the trick identifying if a hardware revision has certain issues, not only with the .400 problems but also the uneven picture quality several Air owners have experienced etc.
Does anyone know how to identify what hardware revision (batch) a certain Air belongs to?

2018-5-30
Use props
gcomfx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119613 ft
United States

I've managed to skip this last update.  It's a PITA each time I want to fly to get the App to NOT force an update and let me fly with what version I have.  I hope they fix things soon so I can update before I head to Australia for a two week vacation.
2018-5-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I think if you post a video showing the yaw issues and get others to do likewise then it will maybe create a bigger impact, so far I have only heard of people having the problem, haven’t seen a single video posted, it would be good to get an idea of just how bad this yaw problem is.
2018-5-30
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, I agree with hallmark on this.  So far, it's few people talking about a yaw issue and no video proof of this yet.  I've also got an early build Air, and I'm not seeing the problems that have been discussed here.  That's not to say they don't exist.  I just haven't seen anything to prove the point.  OP, have you tried a controller calibration, or a vision sensor calibration?
2018-5-30
Use props
RobertW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41818 ft
  • >>>
United States

I may be overcautious, but I did not fly my MA since reading about the problems after the update. and I'm not flying it until the problems have been solved.  Call me stupid but I'm like to stay on the safe side.
2018-5-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

"...confirmed by DJI, the .400 fw has some severe problems..."
Could you please share this confirmation with us?
2018-5-30
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RobertW Posted at 2018-5-30 06:49
I may be overcautious, but I did not fly my MA since reading about the problems after the update. and I'm not flying it until the problems have been solved.  Call me stupid but I'm like to stay on the safe side.

Caution, is certainly not stupid.
2018-5-30
Use props
Jmathews77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 810636 ft
United States

Hi, new MA owner here, and I have updated to the latest FW, but hadn't heard of the issues with it until now.  I've been flying daily for the past two weeks, and so far have not had any issues, but now I'm a little concerned.  What is this yaw issue?  Also, should I ground my MA until a new FW release, or if things have been fine, am I still OK to fly?
2018-5-30
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I've flown mine with no ill effects.  I will continue flying.
2018-5-30
Use props
Far_North
lvl.4
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Jmathews77 Posted at 2018-5-30 06:53
Hi, new MA owner here, and I have updated to the latest FW, but hadn't heard of the issues with it until now.  I've been flying daily for the past two weeks, and so far have not had any issues, but now I'm a little concerned.  What is this yaw issue?  Also, should I ground my MA until a new FW release, or if things have been fine, am I still OK to fly?

Not everyone has had problems so if your MA has been flying great with the latest update then fly away and have fun.  
2018-5-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

We have only heard of minor problems haven’t seen much video evidence, but you quite safe to fly.
2018-5-30
Use props
CanadaMark
lvl.2
Canada

Mine has been rock solid since 0.0400 as well.  It does seem to be a very small group of people having issues, and even fewer who have been able to post proof.  If they are having issues though, DJI should be sorting it out for them a little faster than this...
2018-5-30
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Not one issue for me either as a first batch flyer. Flown extensively in the last few weeks with .400 firmware.
2018-5-30
Use props
totalitarian
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Plenty of people have posted their logs of the issue, can't remember if it was here or mavic pilots
2018-5-30
Use props
Rblomqvist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

There has been multiple threads about the .0400 fw issues here on the forum, below are a few. "Motor current error" and the yaw issue are some problems owners has experienced. In my case only the yaw has occurred, unfortunately I did not record video the times it happened as I mainly take pictures. But as mentioned earlier in the thread, it may be overcautious, but I'm eagerly waiting for a update to be released before flying again.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... id%3D534&page=3
In the later, DJI Diana on multiple occasions (such as #97) mention DJI are aware of problems that will be addressed in new fw soon to be released.
2018-5-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

If you do not experience any problems you should not worry. So far no evidence has been presented here that there are issues with the latest firmware update. It is apparent, that some pilots are experiencing problems, but the root cause of these problems is still unclear.
2018-5-30
Use props
djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

Rblomqvist Posted at 2018-5-30 07:54
There has been multiple threads about the .0400 fw issues here on the forum, below are a few. "Motor current error" and the yaw issue are some problems owners has experienced. In my case only the yaw has occurred, unfortunately I did not record video the times it happened as I mainly take pictures. But as mentioned earlier in the thread, it may be overcautious, but I'm eagerly waiting for a update to be released before flying again.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=147912&extra=page%3D2%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D534%26typeid%3D534

I was like you only had the yaw issue which happens shortly after take off and not always, however it does not happen during flight.  Yesterday I had the motor alert and that was kind of scary, and that was something that I had not had before after 72 flights. I've also noticed the slow satellite acquisition since the upgrade. There's something with the upgrade and it may or may not affect certain units.  Overall I still feel safe and will continue to monitor while flying.
2018-5-30
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

if you are not having any issues, then, by all means, keep flying.  Just continue to do pre-flight checks, and continue to enjoy your Air.
2018-5-30
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Grounded my air and wait for new update. Strangely, my air drifting so i have to hand catched and get cut open. I have thread for this but my flight log seems normal. Anyway, if others pilots did not see any issues, just make sure you do full preflight checklist carefully and enjoy.
2018-5-30
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

i have finally decided to go directly to DJI support myself.  While I did not get any different information, what i did find is that my aircraft is still under manufacturer warranty.  They have offered to bring it in to a service center to check it.  I'm honestly debating it because i don't want to be without my drone for 2-4 weeks while they try to determine if there is a problem.

so... DJI, what are the odds of instituting a loaner program?  
I'm planning to go out today to see if i have any errors.  i'll record from the time i turn it on to the time i land.  if there are errors, i'll post.  if not, i'll simply update
2018-5-30
Use props
Jmathews77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 810636 ft

Thanks all for the reassurance. Now that others have mentioned it, I did get the motor current error on a flight a few days ago. Was flying forward and descending at full speed when it happened. Thought maybe it was that maneuver coupled with strong winds that led to it. Haven’t seen it again since. I’ll continue to monitor for that, but for now, I’ll keep flying!
2018-5-30
Use props
dv8ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 360322 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-30 07:03
We have only heard of minor problems haven’t seen much video evidence, but you quite safe to fly.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6&fromuid=38569
2018-5-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

dv8ed Posted at 2018-5-30 09:37
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=147912&pid=1381296&fromuid=38569

Can you please explain what your screenrecording posted in that other thread is intending to demonstrate? Until now I have only read reports about the Yaw issue at take off time, but not at a later flight stage as shown in your video. I also don't see abnormal lag in your video. Thus please provide further details and also the relating flightrecord: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Only this will allow us to see which movements were initiated via stick by you and which ones might be uncontrolled.
2018-5-30
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi together,

so here it seems there are no problems at all and so no update necessary....
but in this forum are about 13 000 views for Air Firmware problems 0.400 and DJI Go 4.2.16
so it seems there are problems....to be solved..
and DJI Diana posted at #45 in the part: Motor current error after firmware update :
THERE WILL BE AN UPDATE SOON!!!! Posted AT 2018 5-9. About 3 weeks ago...
2018-5-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

3-D Posted at 2018-5-30 08:53
i have finally decided to go directly to DJI support myself.  While I did not get any different information, what i did find is that my aircraft is still under manufacturer warranty.  They have offered to bring it in to a service center to check it.  I'm honestly debating it because i don't want to be without my drone for 2-4 weeks while they try to determine if there is a problem.

so... DJI, what are the odds of instituting a loaner program?  

I think it’s fair to say 3-D you did smack your drone into a window reported a couple of weeks ago, it has been known that crashing these drones can have negative effects on how they work.
2018-5-30
Use props
dv8ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 360322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-30 09:48
Can you please explain what your screenrecording posted in that other thread is intending to demonstrate? Until now I have only read reports about the Yaw issue at take off time, but not at a later flight stage as shown in your video. I also don't see abnormal lag in your video. Thus please provide further details and also the relating flightrecord: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Only this will allow us to see which movements were initiated via stick by you and which ones might be uncontrolled.

oh yes as AC is ascending from take off I can see it drift towards right I have video of that too
2018-5-30
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

I think the world has about less than 200 states...DJI delivers worlwide...
so if in every state there is only one Air Pilot with update problems..
is it a lot ,
but look at the forums worldwide.....how much. in reality............
2018-5-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Heavenone Posted at 2018-5-30 11:59
Hi together,

so here it seems there are no problems at all and so no update necessary....

Hi, please don't misinterpret my or others's posts. It is obvious, that a number of pilots are experiencing problems. What we are trying now is to identify the source of these problems. And for doing so, as much data and information as possible is required to track down the root causes. Sitting back and wait for just another firmware update or now GO 4 update will not help anyone, because too many other pilots have no problems at all. Let's join our efforts to really identify what the causes of problems are, thereafter solutions can be provided.
2018-5-30
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-30 12:14
I think it’s fair to say 3-D you did smack your drone into a window reported a couple of weeks ago, it has been known that crashing these drones can have negative effects on how they work.

this is true.  
2018-5-30
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

#28 Wachtberger

Yes so I think  too and a lots of pilots also...we need concrete help and we will help DJI...
but we need not the info that some Mavic Air have no problems..we all know that!!!!
Mine had also not ONE problems before 0.400..!!!!!
So look at Answers of DJI DIANA, Administrator...a VERY good way to treat customers very well....
so they feel DJI will realy help!
Sorry for my bad english....
2018-5-30
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

as a early beta tester for dji, Naza p3, P4
I gave improvements also espacially to Crystalsky tecnical details
because as a cameraman and DoP acting worldwide
i have a little experience of that..so i like to help DJI,
I do it since 6 years.....to get professional drones...
2018-5-30
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

Some images speak more than a thousand words.
Terrible choking on the pictures. Same location, same phone, same MA, only different than fimware (at least it does not occur in the version recorded in SD)

Full story in

0400/4.2.16 - Video Preview Problem (Lag)

2018-5-30
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1290892 ft
Bulgaria

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-30 07:58
If you do not experience any problems you should not worry. So far no evidence has been presented here that there are issues with the latest firmware update. It is apparent, that some pilots are experiencing problems, but the root cause of these problems is still unclear.

DJI not confirming that they messed up with testing the new firmware doesn't mean there is no evidence. The forum is full of threads of people complaining about pretty much same issues.  It's just better for marketing not to confirm that the drone can fall midflight and you know it....everyone knows it. I am sorry to say it so directly but someone has to.
I am not hating DJI or something... its just one big BIG issue and nobody seems to give proper f.....k about the end users that are so freaking scared to fly this thing, which by the way is great because it means we HAVE RESPONSIBILITY and not only obey regulations and government policies but think about not harming anyone. Someone else must now take responsibility and at least say - Okay... we did a mistake and we are giving our best to fix it and provide you SEAMLESS experience in the next FW which is coming ---> Exact date. Cuz it has been a month since the update and if those issues that are not so scary and big as you say should have been fixed by now right? I am sure that DJI Engineers are great and probably more than 20 people.
And again I love DJI products, that's why I choose the Air model. I am just being disappointed, that's all.
2018-5-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Question:  Did your drone have problems** between time of window smack and firmware upgrade?

**Particularly, kinds of problems you have experienced after firmware upgrade.
2018-5-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-5-30 13:22
Some images speak more than a thousand words.
Terrible choking on the pictures. Same location, same phone, same MA, only different than fimware (at least it does not occur in the version recorded in SD)

Can you please put some descriptive text below each video with a time mark?

For example:
TM: 1:20 - Video briefly breaks up
TM: 1:32 - Reception problems, changing channels
TM: 2:01 - Drone rotates (YAW) to left aprox. 30-degrees on its own.  End TM: 2:05
TM: 2:15 - I command drone to rotate (YAW) right back to original heading.  End TM: 2:21
2018-5-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Nikolay S Donev Posted at 2018-5-30 13:31
DJI not confirming that they messed up with testing the new firmware doesn't mean there is no evidence. The forum is full of threads of people complaining about pretty much same issues.  It's just better for marketing not to confirm that the drone can fall midflight and you know it....everyone knows it. I am sorry to say it so directly but someone has to.
I am not hating DJI or something... its just one big BIG issue and nobody seems to give proper f.....k about the end users that are so freaking scared to fly this thing, which by the way is great because it means we HAVE RESPONSIBILITY and not only obey regulations and government policies but think about not harming anyone. Someone else must now take responsibility and at least say - Okay... we did a mistake and we are giving our best to fix it and provide you SEAMLESS experience in the next FW which is coming ---> Exact date. Cuz it has been a month since the update and if those issues that are not so scary and big as you say should have been fixed by now right? I am sure that DJI Engineers are great and probably more than 20 people.
And again I love DJI products, that's why I choose the Air model. I am just being disappointed, that's all.

Someone else must now take responsibility and at least say - Okay... we did a mistake and we are giving our best to fix it and provide you SEAMLESS experience in the next FW which is coming ---> Exact date.  

And between now and that Exact date, provide a firmware update that is exact previous firmware version (the one without all different problems); that allows users to get back to flying.

2018-5-30
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1290892 ft
Bulgaria

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-30 13:48
Someone else must now take responsibility and at least say - Okay... we did a mistake and we are giving our best to fix it and provide you SEAMLESS experience in the next FW which is coming ---> Exact date.  

This seems fair to me
2018-5-30
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-30 13:44
Can you please put some descriptive text below each video with a time mark?

For example:

Thaks for your post

I'll put the link from the original post
2018-5-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-5-30 13:53
Thaks for your post

I'll put the link from the original post

If I understand - your problem is different from Yaw drift problems.
Your drone is now slow to respond to input to rotate (Yaw) left or right; after updating 0.400.

Still believe it would help if there were content with associated time in videos for viewing audience.
The text does not have to be incorporated into video, merely posted below video so people know what to look for and when.
2018-5-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-30 12:16
Hi, please don't misinterpret my or others's posts. It is obvious, that a number of pilots are experiencing problems. What we are trying now is to identify the source of these problems. And for doing so, as much data and information as possible is required to track down the root causes. Sitting back and wait for just another firmware update or now GO 4 update will not help anyone, because too many other pilots have no problems at all. Let's join our efforts to really identify what the causes of problems are, thereafter solutions can be provided.

Absolutely. Just returned from another four flights this evening with my MA. Not a single glitch, even my air speed has increased a little.

In my case, I updated Assistant 2 to the latest version 1.2.4 and refreshed my FW .400 on the AC and RC then calibrated EVERYTHING. The yaw glitch I had on take off on Saturday (caused by updating my FW on an out of date version of Assitant 2) has not returned in my past 8 flights. The drone is as steady as a rock and every single command I gave it performs exactly how I expect it to.

Issue resolved!
2018-5-30
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules