Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 advanced stops recording every 8-30 seconds?
4229 17 2015-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cameronlevine
lvl.2

United States

The title says it all. I can record video for up to 30 seconds it seems and then I get a blured line and the video stops. Does anyone have any ideas? The 24-7 tech support was useless.
Update: Just spoke with the LA office. They didnt try to trouble shoot my situation or give me any suggestions to try. They just said send in the phantom and expect a 7 week turn around from when they get it. There goes my summer with the phantom.
2015-5-13
Use props
jwhite
lvl.2

United States

Most likely your card is not fast enough to record the file sizes (I'm guessing you bought a different card than what came with it right?). This is usually the common answer when it comes to this with DSLR's.
2015-5-13
Use props
cameronlevine
lvl.2

United States

jwhite@schillin Posted at 2015-5-14 05:38
Most likely your card is not fast enough to record the file sizes (I'm guessing you bought a differe ...

Nope im using the 16 GB card that came with my phantom. I wish that was the solution bc that would be a quick fix
2015-5-13
Use props
Jon.hopkins.1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I haven't had a problem like this, format the card, re-install the app are my suggestions
2015-5-13
Use props
jasontcheney
New

United States

I just had this happen to me over the weekend. I hit record and 15 seconds in It randomly stopped, I didn't notice for 45 seconds. Then I hit record again and after 30 seconds it stopped again. I have the Phantom Advanced as well, 16gb card that came with it.
2015-6-15
Use props
nspusmc
lvl.1

United States

I am also having this issue on the P3 Advanced. I have not yet tried to reformat hard drive etc. I will try tomorrow
2015-7-10
Use props
robrogkr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 293976 ft
Poland

I suppose you have this problem with MP4 file, correct?
Verify whether it is the same of recording in a MOV file.
2015-7-10
Use props
karel.spulka
lvl.1

Czechia

Have the same issue, sometimes its working well, sometimes (like now) Iam not able to do a proper video. But yeah, Iam using mp4, going to change it to move, lets see...
2016-4-5
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-5
Use props
karel.spulka
lvl.1

Czechia

So, yeah, I deleted all the videos, turned to mov and the problem is gone, at least I hope so. By me it didnt happened always, but just sometimes, lets see after a few flights
2016-4-5
Use props
Razgriz1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181322 ft
United States

karel.spulka Posted at 2016-4-5 11:03
So, yeah, I deleted all the videos, turned to mov and the problem is gone, at least I hope so. By me it didnt happened always, but just sometimes, lets see after a few flights

Did changing the format do the trick? I've tried two different memory cards now and they are both doing the same thing. The latest one is a Samsung Evo 64GB U3. Tried recording both at 2.7k and 1080p and it kept doing the same thing.
2018-10-20
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

Format the card on your computer first.  Then, stick it in the gimbal, and turn the phantom on.  You should get a error message saying the card needs to be formatted in DJI GO.  Format the card again now.
And, then do it 1 more time.  
I've yet to have this issue, and I have a P3A.   My micro SD card is a Samsung 64 EVO XC1.

2018-10-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

KenDuke Posted at 2018-10-20 14:52
Format the card on your computer first.  Then, stick it in the gimbal, and turn the phantom on.  You should get a error message saying the card needs to be formatted in DJI GO.  Format the card again now.
And, then do it 1 more time.  
I've yet to have this issue, and I have a P3A.   My micro SD card is a Samsung 64 EVO XC1.

Formatting rthe card in a PC does not do the job any better than performing a format in the aircraft. Using the aircraft has one advantage though, it knows what format to use. The issue here is most likely that the card is filling up with lots of hidden files that DJI create, and the OP has been copying and deleting files on the card, not knowing about the presence of the hidden files. Formatting clears ALL files off the card.
2018-10-20
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

That could be as well.. But, formatting the card on a PC will quickly check the card for errors, and mark them.  Its one of the main reasons I do that.  Once the card is stuck in the AC gimbal, since its in the wrong format, the AC will request to format.  All marked bad sectors will be left alone, and only the good will be marked as usable.
2018-10-21
Use props
Razgriz1
lvl.2
United States

I think I figured out what it was for me. I noticed a lot of junk files on the card before I formatted it. Being the cheap person I am, I had been swapping the card in and out of devices constantly, between the phone I use to shoot video, my DSLR, and my Phantom 3. Tons of junk on the card including Android data files and such. As soon as I formatted the card and stopped swapping it between devices, I've been able to record in MP4 at 2.7 without any stops.

I guess I have a new dedicated SD card for my Phantom! Thanks for everyone's input!
2018-10-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Razgriz1 Posted at 2018-10-24 06:46
I think I figured out what it was for me. I noticed a lot of junk files on the card before I formatted it. Being the cheap person I am, I had been swapping the card in and out of devices constantly, between the phone I use to shoot video, my DSLR, and my Phantom 3. Tons of junk on the card including Android data files and such. As soon as I formatted the card and stopped swapping it between devices, I've been able to record in MP4 at 2.7 without any stops.

I guess I have a new dedicated SD card for my Phantom! Thanks for everyone's input!

You have learned an unfortunate lesson, do not put the card into other cameras. This is a known issue.
2018-10-24
Use props
Paputzaa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8645 ft

Thailand

Geebax Posted at 2018-10-24 14:47
You have learned an unfortunate lesson, do not put the card into other cameras. This is a known issue.

I also had similar problem, suggest to use proper speed or better SD Card such as U3 or class 10 and do not use cheap, unbranded  or fake SD Card.   
2018-10-25
Use props
Razgriz1
lvl.2
United States

Paputzaa Posted at 2018-10-25 01:43
I also had similar problem, suggest to use proper speed or better SD Card such as U3 or class 10 and do not use cheap, unbranded  or fake SD Card.

The card in question was a Samsung U3, but it was indeed because of swapping it between devices that did it to me. Lesson learned! I'm just happy to be flying/recording again!
2018-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules