Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4.2.16-4.2.21 Confirmed BUG using Point of interest(Fixed)
1234Next >
5592 120 2018-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-5 05:36
So far no update yet since the last one so am assuming they are looking into it.

Hey Capt'n Bird.... any chance you could start a Case on this?

I would, but I haven't gone through the number of steps you have (to show the extent of the problem).  My  C1 failure is limited to camera up/down not working (Post 76) on an M-Pro
2018-6-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I had the same issue yesterday. Right after my poi my buttons stop working. I have no updated to the new 4.2.0 yet.
2018-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

WebParrot Posted at 2018-6-10 04:49
For me, C1 fails when I have set it to toggle camera down/up.  I wasn't using Point of Interest.

I'm in the US

For the moment because I know camera down is a much used option in Mavic Pro, just set one of your toggle buttons to camera down it will work fine until update.
2018-6-10
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-10 05:01
For the moment because I know camera down is a much used option in Mavic Pro, just set one of your toggle buttons to camera down it will work fine until update.

Gracias.  
Great minds think .... similarly :-)  Did that during the subsequent lull while recharging batteries!
2018-6-10
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-10 04:55
Yes function buttons on MavAir working fine also POI working no problems there with both iPhone 7 and Crystalsky .
When testing Mavic Pro right from the get go C1 and C2 we’re disabled when I took off and checked app both were blacked out, I then tested out POI and it’s working fine.

Ok great thanks for helping testing this.  The high wind sensitivity explains what Woe also saw with his MP and he linked that in this thread.  So here is what we can conclude so far.

1. All MP the C1/C2 Buttons either get disabled with Point of interest or already are not working in the first place.  Some that close the app and reopen it starts working again but others it continues to not work.  The issue is with IOS not with Android.

2.  Most MA owners the C/Function button stops working immediately after using Point of interest.  It never works again by just closing out the app and reopening it.  It is required to uninstall and reinstall the app and SOME report they start working again after this.  Others report this still does not fix the issue and continue to not work even after a reinstall.  Only one person has reported the MA does not have this issue at all and the buttons continue to function after POI.  The issue is with IOS not with Android

3.  Some have reported that the wind sensor is overly sensitive with the MP.  Have been unable to verify if this is just with IOS or both IOS/Android
2018-6-10
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-6-10 04:59
Hey Capt'n Bird.... any chance you could start a Case on this?

I would, but I haven't gone through the number of steps you have (to show the extent of the problem).  My  C1 failure is limited to camera up/down not working (Post 76) on an M-Pro

I sure did.  I started a case a few days ago.  DJI support is actively monitoring this thread and their engineer team has reported they have the same issue/s as have been reported so that is good that they are aware of and looking into this issue.  Thank you for responding in here and helping out.
2018-6-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-10 05:09
Ok great thanks for helping testing this.  The high wind sensitivity explains what Woe also saw with his MP and he linked that in this thread.  So here is what we can conclude so far.

1. All MP the C1/C2 Buttons either get disabled with Active Track or already are not working in the first place.  Some that close the app and reopen it starts working again but others it continues to not work.  The issue is with IOS not with Android.

Active track works fine for me on the MA mate - just point of interest has the issue
2018-6-10
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-10 06:05
Active track works fine for me on the MA mate - just point of interest has the issue

Good catch I had responded in this thread after just waking up before having my coffee.  I have corrected   Had active track on my mind after hallmark mentioned it as a work around.  Good catch buddy.
2018-6-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-10 06:08
Good catch I had responded in this thread after just waking up before having my coffee.  I have corrected   Had active track on my mind after hallmark mentioned it as a work around.  Good catch buddy.

2018-6-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13395489 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

just to confirm, I have used the Samsung S8 on the Go4 app V 4.2.20 today. Used POI and Active track and when came out of it used the C1 button to check battery status and it all works so issues are iphone related only. Auto focus on C2 also worked fine no issues
2018-6-10
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-10 05:12
I sure did.  I started a case a few days ago.  DJI support is actively monitoring this thread and their engineer team has reported they have the same issue/s as have been reported so that is good that they are aware of and looking into this issue.  Thank you for responding in here and helping out.

Thanks SparkBird for keeping us updated on this issue.

I am glad DJI found the same issue with the C1/C2 issue.  
I used the C1/C2 button a lot . With Auto focus and camera down. As long as I don't use POI everything works fine so for now I will  use Active Track to do a simulated POI.
2018-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

B1houdini Posted at 2018-6-10 08:32
Thanks SparkBird for keeping us updated on this issue.

I am glad DJI found the same issue with the C1/C2 issue.  

Hi B1houdini. Like myself I use C buttons for focus and camera down, you can set one of your toggle buttons to camera down and metering focus until we get a fix.
2018-6-10
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-10 09:26
Hi B1houdini. Like myself I use C buttons for focus and camera down, you can set one of your toggle buttons to camera down and metering focus until we get a fix.

Thanks.
Never thought of that. I have hardly ever used them. I do remember programing them for zoom in and zoom out.
2018-6-10
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Captain
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I have other issue which was related to all version were described in tittle of topic: after using "Tripod mode" for capture long exposure images and videos, I have to try many time quitting that mode. I am using my Galaxy S7 (930FD) on 8.0 (Oreo).
2018-6-10
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-10 05:12

Thanks, and thanks again!  Gotta keep this thread at the top!  

One more thing.  I flew a short Litchi mission today and it included two camera down/up cycles.  Then while just flying around (without a mission/Litchi, not Go4) I used the C2 button to do the camera down/up and it worked okay.  FWIW, Litchi lets you program the buttons, too.  I didn't go back out to try Go4 again... damn bugs are starting their afternoon swarm.
2018-6-11
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
United States

SparksBird,
Here is a video of the C1/C2 Problem

2018-6-12
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-6-12 12:18
SparksBird,
Here is a video of the C1/C2 Problem

Yes very good to have that link here in this thread.  I just responded in there as well.  Still waiting on an update but have not had for a couple days now   
2018-6-12
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

Got an update from DJI that there is still no new update.

We apologize for the delay, I have been monitoring and keeping a constant follow up on the report and that we have created to our engineering team but there is no update on the fix yet. We are still working on it.

I will continue checking on this and provide an update once a feedback is received.
2018-6-13
Use props
Stu_K
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem losing Fn/C1 function after using POI (which I can't figure out how to use anyway, can't figure out how to set to my POI, LOL). I get function back simply by
1) quitting the app
2) turning off Mavic Air
3) then restarting the App.
4) go back to main screen (Equipment tab) of app BEFORE turning on the Mavic Air

This solves the problem. As long as I see "Select Equipment" at bottom right of screen with the full screen photo of the Mavic Air in the middle...you know, the screen you see when you start the app, then turn on the Mavic. The "Select Equipment" changes to "Start Flight", I click it, and the next page is the split screen with the General settings page overlay on one side showing the preflight list.
This works for both the iPhoneX and the iPad 6th generation. Hope that helps.
2018-6-13
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Weather permitting this weekend it’s on my to do list - way point flying and POI. Never done either, so desperate to try them. Feedback will be posted if I get out with it. Just swatting up on them modes now.
2018-6-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

4.2.21 has just been released - again, 'fixing bugs and making improvements'. Worth a try?
2018-6-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stu_K Posted at 2018-6-13 13:50
I have the same problem losing Fn/C1 function after using POI (which I can't figure out how to use anyway, can't figure out how to set to my POI, LOL). I get function back simply by
1) quitting the app
2) turning off Mavic Air

iPhone 7 plus on the Mavic Air requires full app deletion and reinstallation. A new GO4 release has come out today - fingers crossed!
2018-6-14
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-14 01:17
4.2.21 has just been released - again, 'fixing bugs and making improvements'. Worth a try?

Thanks for letting me know I will download and give a try today time permitting.  Hoping this is it.  
2018-6-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-14 05:16
Thanks for letting me know I will download and give a try today time permitting.  Hoping this is it.

I've downloaded the updated version through the app store and took off indoors - all looked OK but it won't let me select any intelligent flight modes now without a strong GPS signal... so I landed. I'll take the MA outside and test it later this evening and will let you know my end mate. Fingers crossed this is it!
2018-6-14
Use props
3-D
Captain
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-14 06:15
I've downloaded the updated version through the app store and took off indoors - all looked OK but it won't let me select any intelligent flight modes now without a strong GPS signal... so I landed. I'll take the MA outside and test it later this evening and will let you know my end mate. Fingers crossed this is it!

looking forward to the update from you and Sparks!
2018-6-14
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-14 06:15

Well sorry to report but the newest update 4.2.21 for IOS did NOT fix the POI buggs.  Still C1/C2 buttons do not work and occasionally choppy screen when recording video in POI(SD Card footage not choppy).  So they still have not fixed the POI issues.  Frustrating.  
2018-6-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-14 08:20
Well sorry to report but the newest update 4.2.21 for IOS did NOT fix the POI buggs.  Still C1/C2 buttons do not work and occasionally choppy screen when recording video in POI(SD Card footage not choppy).  So they still have not fixed the POI issues.  Frustrating.

Again!!! Thanks so much mate - I'm not going to waste my time trying then.
2018-6-14
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-14 08:35
Again!!! Thanks so much mate - I'm not going to waste my time trying then.

Check your PM.  
2018-6-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've replied mate and agree!
2018-6-14
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-14 08:20

SparksBird,
Any updates for the C1/C2 problem.
Updated to 4.4.21 but haven't tried it yet. Was hoping that update was a fix for it.
2018-6-16
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-6-16 18:35
SparksBird,
Any updates for the C1/C2 problem.
Updated to 4.4.21 but haven't tried it yet. Was hoping that update was a fix for it.

That update did not fix the C1/C2 issue.  Tested this within hours of the update being released.  So still no update from them either.  Hoping the next one fixes it.
2018-6-16
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-16 18:49
That update did not fix the C1/C2 issue.  Tested this within hours of the update being released.  So still no update from them either.  Hoping the next one fixes it.

Thanks for the update.
2018-6-17
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

Thanks to A CW for pointing this out in this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-151345-1-1.html DJI Susan has confirmed that the next update will fix this issue.  Also got an email back from DJI Support pretty much stating the same thing.  So now the question is when will the update be out.  
2018-6-20
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-20 09:33
Thanks to A CW for pointing this out in this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-151345-1-1.html DJI Susan has confirmed that the next update will fix this issue.  Also got an email back from DJI Support pretty much stating the same thing.  So now the question is when will the update be out.

2018-6-26
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

Update 4.2.2 is out now and am currently updating.  Will test as they said this update was suppose to fix the issue.  We shall see
2018-6-29
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

Well I am very happy to say that the update 4.2.22 has fixed the C1/C2 button issue.  I just tested and the buttons still work after using POI.  However I have noticed that when recording the video on the screen(not sd card) is sometimes choppy.  So looks like I will have to open another support ticket for that issue.  BUT a huge improvement here.  
2018-6-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-29 07:29
Well I am very happy to say that the update 4.2.22 has fixed the C1/C2 button issue.  I just tested and the buttons still work after using POI.  However I have noticed that when recording the video on the screen(not sd card) is sometimes choppy.  So looks like I will have to open another support ticket for that issue.  BUT a huge improvement here.

That will make many people here happy, not me though since I am using the other (better) operating system ;-)
2018-6-29
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-29 07:35
That will make many people here happy, not me though since I am using the other (better) operating system ;-)

Yeah it should for sure as it has made me happy.  Ah so you use Android?  Well at least Android users never had this issue(that I am aware of anyway).  Seems to of just been IOS that was lucky enough to have this problem.  Happy and safe Flying my friend.
2018-6-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-29 07:39
Yeah it should for sure as it has made me happy.  Ah so you use Android?  Well at least Android users never had this issue(that I am aware of anyway).  Seems to of just been IOS that was lucky enough to have this problem.  Happy and safe Flying my friend.

Same to you! It was just meant as a joke. But yes, since I am flying with Crystalsky I am on Android and it is working very well (except for the compass problem with CS on which DJI is working).
2018-6-29
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

Need additional testers please.  Have a read in my thread created here.  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=154614
2018-6-29
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules