Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Active track flyaway
3481 44 2018-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I have noticed Active Track is unreliable and has problems if the object or it's surrounding is very bright/dark which in this case snow or in my case my brightness was well too bright and it lost me.  It however did not engage but it did stop and hover in my case.  Also another thing to keep in mind again with very bright surfaces, water, etc it can easily disorientate it's APAS.  and I have seen countless videos where people flying over water caused similar problems.  Point is should it of hovered?  Yes.  However I feel the other factors which stated in the manual can cause sporadic behavior like you have seen.  
2018-5-31
Use props
Deggers
Flight distance : 181772 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-31 12:40
No hard feelings hopefully you learned something, but you really should check your safety and disclaimers manual page 12 only calibrate when prompted.

I don’t intend to be personal, but I can be pragmatic, and as long as you buy one back , first round will be on me. (;+)

The safety manual was created in Aug 17

DJI in Feb 2018 decided to change this information in the revised manual...

You would be best to stay current with the information from DJI. (in the v2 manual) - The time and effort to re-write this section was for a purpose... probably based on incidents to cover their backs.

First rounds on me.
2018-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Deggers Posted at 2018-5-31 13:08
The safety manual was created in Aug 17

DJI in Feb 2018 decided to change this information in the revised manual...

Ok I accept, first safety manual 9/16 updated 8/17 but I keep reading crash stories. First line reads I calibrated my compass then I crashed or I had a flyaway.
2018-5-31
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Deggers Posted at 2018-5-31 07:29
Question - if you lose activetrack, what would you expect the behaviour of the drone to be?

a) hover

Mine hovers and then I try to navigate it to try and get a lock on the subject again but the remote is always in my hand and the MP is always in line of sight and ready to push the PAUSE button at moment notice.

As Jeff mentioned in # 32 any other options is dangerous and reckless!

2018-5-31
Use props
Deggers
Flight distance : 181772 ft
United Kingdom

G_Sig Posted at 2018-5-31 11:43
Did you Enable Backward Flying in ActiveTrack?

[view_image]

Good info - checked the settings and this was off. Now on, thank you
Thanks, everyone else for your advice also.
2018-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules