DJI Pilot App is not working with iOS Devices!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rocejo
New

United States

Here's my issue. I will try to be as descriptive as possible. Please feel free to comment as I am trying to figure out what's wrong with this issue.

I own a Phantom 3 Advance Model.

Upon receiving the Phantom 3, I upgraded both the Aircraft and the controller to the latest firmware of 1.1.8.

I checked the .txt file upon updating both the Aircraft and controller and both said "Success" within the .txt file. Thus, indicating a successful update.

I'm using an iPad Mini 2 Wifi and iPhone 6+ (Both Supported Models). Both iOS devices are running iOS Firmware 8.3. This is the latest firmware available by Apple.

I downloaded the latest Pilot App via the Apple App Store. This is version 1.1.1. which states is compatible with Phantom 3 and iOS Devices.

Here's the process. I connect the iPad Mini or iPhone 6+ via USB cable to the controller. I open the application. I turn on the controller and then the aircraft. Upom turning on the controller I am requested by my device to "Trust" the application. I select "Trust". Shortly thereafter, There is a loop where every 10-12 seconds aI am agTrust" the same prompt comes up again asking me to "Trust or Don't Trust" device. Therefore, a connection is never established and the Pilot App never connects to the aircraft. Thus, I am grounded and unable to fly.

Couple of things I wanted to point out. I've done a fresh restore on both the iPad Mini and iPhone 6 + where I manually restored both devices to a clean start running iOS Firmware 8.3. I've used a total of 3 seperate USB sync cables for my Apple devices. All cables are original in nature and not aftermarket.

I've attempted to re-install the firmware on the aircraft and the controller. Respectively, I get the following message in the .txt file upon updating.

"The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft"
and
"The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller"

Lastly, I've deleted and re-installed the DJI Pilot App several times and have the same result.

I need help, I've contacted DJI and they have indicated they will notify their R&D team and get back to me.

Is anyone else having this problem??

2015-5-13
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

1 RC on
2 Quad on
3 launch app

Each time I launch the app before the RC and the quad, I have to kill the task and relaunch the app
2015-5-13
Use props
lrich00
lvl.2

Canada

Sounds like a bad USB cable.  I have the exact same setup as you, iPad Mini 2, Phantom 3 Advanced and I only get that message once whenever I plug in the cable.
2015-5-14
Use props
danno1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1043150 ft
United States

lrich00 Posted at 2015-5-15 04:06
Sounds like a bad USB cable.  I have the exact same setup as you, iPad Mini 2, Phantom 3 Advanced an ...

Yup - same set up here.  iPad mini 2.  I have had no issues connecting.  I get the initial "trust" message every time I connect it and then everything is good.  If the same thing is happening on the 6+ and the mini it is probably either the usb cable or the port in the remote.

Hopefully it's just the cable.
2015-5-14
Use props
pakesalmon
New
United States

Ulysse Posted at 2015-5-14 06:47
1 RC on
2 Quad on
3 launch app

I have the same problem except my iphone 5s & Ipad mini 2 is saying my devices aren't compatible. I have the phantom 3 pro as well.
2015-6-18
Use props
2BP3A
New

Belgium

Have you found a solution to this problem? I have the exact same issue with my iPad mini 2 et my phantom 3 Advanced!
2015-11-6
Use props
charles1142000
New

United States

I have the same issue with my iPad Air 2.  It is NOT the cable that connects your device to the RC (in my situation).  Just wanna get that out up front.  My iPhone 6 works just fine with everything attached.  I can also use my kids iPhone 5.  Same thing, everything works perfectly.  My iPad was working with everything but we recently had to erase everything from the iPad and upon redownloading the DJI GO app, it now just says "How to Connect" in the little oval under the picture of the Phantom as oppose to "Camera" which it shows on both the iPhones.

Also,
1 RC on
2 Quad on
3 launch app

App launch does not have any effect on anything either.  The only launch order that is important is RC 1st, then Quad.  App can be launched before or after.  Makes no difference.
2016-3-29
Use props
Saint74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361568 ft
Poland

It is IOS 9.3 problem...
2016-3-29
Use props
s.salter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 421060 ft
United Kingdom

I had this issue after buying a brand new ipad 4 mini purely for the phantom. It worked with the old ipad 2 mini and iphne 6s, but not the mini 4.  I resolved it by doing a reset to the ipad via itunes and a pc. Doing a restore via the ipad didnt work. Since the itunes / pc reset, its been working perfectly.
Give it a try and let us know how you get on.

see here.. other IOS related thread
2016-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules