Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ADVICE ON BEST TABLET TO USE WITH PHANTOM 4
8139 27 2018-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dexcellent
lvl.1
Flight distance : 199662 ft
Australia

Hi
I am hoping DJI and anyone else can provide me with some advise on which is the best tablet to use with the Phantom 4 Standard Drone??
I have had my P4 for approx 18 months now which roughly 12 months of that waiting for the latest fireware update due to the previous fireware update being unstable.
Now the latest fireware has come out I have updated to latest fireware, latest DJIGO4 app and done all the calibrations etc.
Still having issues the same as most people with vibration, weak video signal on tablet/phone thru DJIGO4 app etc. etc.

I want to update my tablet but of course dont want to waste money on something that isnt going to work right, or I find that DJI do another update on something and then my new Tabelt doesnt work.
I found this to be the case when I first got my drone and was using Samsung S5. Worked ok til DJI update came out and then didnt work. So I bought Samsung S8. Worked ok until now with no update from DJI and it has weak video signal.
Same thing happended with my Osmo Gimbal.

so........ DJI... Can you please tell me in your opinion what will be the best tablet I can use with my current DJI Phanton 4 with everythinh updated to the latest firmware, software etc. etc??
Thank you in advance.... hopefully

2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the troubles. Could you offer more details of the issues you mentioned? What's the current version of the aircraft, controller and APP version? Does the vibration appear in the whole flight? We'll appreciate if you can upload the issue video for better assistance.
2018-5-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iPad Mini 4     
2018-5-31
Use props
m4jp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1228780 ft
United States

FYI...I have a Phantom 4 standard since April 2016 and have been using an ipad air 2. I been using the ipad only for the drone and have not installed other 3rd party apps except  go4 and uav forecast. I always update the ipad with the latest OS and latest  go4 version and latest phantom4  firmware. I have had no issues since I had this setup.  I also used my samsung s5 a couple of times with no issue. Maybe I'm just lucky (knock on wood).
2018-5-31
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.1
Australia

m4jp Posted at 2018-5-31 07:06
FYI...I have a Phantom 4 standard since April 2016 and have been using an ipad air 2. I been using the ipad only for the drone and have not installed other 3rd party apps except  go4 and uav forecast. I always update the ipad with the latest OS and latest  go4 version and latest phantom4  firmware. I have had no issues since I had this setup.  I also used my samsung s5 a couple of times with no issue. Maybe I'm just lucky (knock on wood).

Thanks for your info m4jp, much appreciate.
Yes I have also used in the past a samsung s5 and have tried it again recently after all the updates but still seem to be having issues.
I want to update to a tablet rather than a phone as I find a phones screen just too small, so your info on the ipad air 2 is of great help.
Happy flying
2018-5-31
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-31 01:45
Sorry for the troubles. Could you offer more details of the issues you mentioned? What's the current version of the aircraft, controller and APP version? Does the vibration appear in the whole flight? We'll appreciate if you can upload the issue video for better assistance.

Hi Susan
Thank you for your reply.
Below are the current versions I am using.
Can you first confirm that these are all the up to date versions I should be using for my Phantom 4 standard..

DJIGO4 app Android: 4.2.14
Phantom 4 RC: v1.9.3.0
AIRCRAFT (P4S): v02.00.700
2018-5-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Dexcellent Posted at 2018-5-31 17:08
Thanks for your info m4jp, much appreciate.
Yes I have also used in the past a samsung s5 and have tried it again recently after all the updates but still seem to be having issues.
I want to update to a tablet rather than a phone as I find a phones screen just too small, so your info on the ipad air 2 is of great help.

The Go App works better on an Apple iPad than Android.
2018-5-31
Use props
Satstream
Captain
Flight distance : 392024 ft

I have been using an iPad Air2 since 2016 and it works great, no problems.
2018-5-31
Use props
ATJ
Captain
Flight distance : 17736 ft

Satstream Posted at 2018-5-31 22:47

I just recently upgraded my iPad Mini 2 to a iPad Mini 4 and there is a vast difference. Go with the Mini 4
2018-6-1
Use props
Satstream
Captain
Flight distance : 392024 ft

Here is a comparison. There are not big differences!
https://versus.com/en/apple-ipad-air-2-vs-apple-ipad-mini-4
2018-6-1
Use props
Rob W
Captain
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Satstream Posted at 2018-5-31 22:47

Same here, it works well! Although I have a CrystalSky now, but the iPad Air 2 still works great.
2018-6-1
Use props
ATJ
Captain

Rob W Posted at 2018-6-1 03:01
Same here, it works well! Although I have a CrystalSky now, but the iPad Air 2 still works great.

Unfortunately the iPad Air 2 is not longer available except for refurbished.
2018-6-1
Use props
MakerDude
First Officer
Flight distance : 1142533 ft

I did not have any luck with the four different android tablets I tried. The iPad Mini 4 and the 2017 iPad Pro both work exceptionally well. You will need an extension for the controller clamp if you use the pro. Try Pro is also very good for editing 4K video using the  LumaFusion app.
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dexcellent Posted at 2018-5-31 21:57
Hi Susan
Thank you for your reply.
Below are the current versions I am using.

Confirm that you have got the latest firmware. Could you refer above and offer more details of the vibration?
2018-6-10
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Susan
As mentioned previously I am using the P4s and you have confirmed for me that I am using the current firmware for all and all is up to date.
I have not been able to use my P4 properly since August 2017 because of the last 2 firmware updates. That is almost a year. I am NOT HAPPY..

These are the issues I have been having since updating to the latest versions of everything as previously my P4 was unstable like most people after the previous firmware update.
I have tested my P4 with all conditions and on all settings over the last few months and this is what is happening.
I have re-installed the firmware 3 times and done all re-calibrations each time including batteries, R/C including re-linking and re-formatted the micro USB.
THESE ARE THE ISSUES
1. P4 has vibration when hovering and is very unstable bouncing around.
2. video quality of actual footage is fuzzy and not as clear as it was before firmware update (not as sharp) and the video footage is not stable (bouncing around & not smooth like a drone should be)
3. Video quality is even worse when the settings for camera are increased to 2.7k or 4k from 1080 when it should be better not worse.
4. Video signal on tablets and phones (I've tried samsung s5, s8, iphone 7 , Mini ipad) and all of them the signal is weak and keeps dropping out and also gets a green line thru the screen
5. Gimbal horizon is not level.

I really need something done about all these issues Susan as I am losing money as I use it for work and this last year I have lost money because of this.  My work depends on this.
2018-7-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Dexcellent Posted at 2018-7-4 22:58
Hi Susan
As mentioned previously I am using the P4s and you have confirmed for me that I am using the current firmware for all and all is up to date.
I have not been able to use my P4 properly since August 2017 because of the last 2 firmware updates. That is almost a year. I am NOT HAPPY..

You appear to have so many issues you would be better off trying to find someone near to you who owns a similar machine and ask them to help you sort them out.

2018-7-4
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.1
Australia

You appear to have so many issues you would be better off trying to find someone near to you who owns a similar machine and ask them to help you sort them out.

I've done that already Geebax. I have 2 people that work with me that purchased the same drones (P4). One of them purchased at the same time as me and they are having the same issues. The other purchased their drone approx 4 months after me and they are having some of the issues but not all of them. The one that purchased 4 months after are getting the unstable issues and vibration & green line on tablet via DJI GO App, but the video quality is ok

DJI should be sorting the issue out. If you purchase something, it should perform as the manufacturer states......
2018-7-5
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-10 01:43
Confirm that you have got the latest firmware. Could you refer above and offer more details of the vibration?

Hi Susan

These are the issues I have been having since updating to the latest versions of everything as previously my P4 was unstable like most people after the previous firmware update.
I have tested my P4 with all conditions and on all settings over the last few months and this is what is happening.
I have re-installed the firmware 3 times and done all re-calibrations each time including batteries, R/C including re-linking and re-formatted the micro USB.
THESE ARE THE ISSUES
1. P4 has vibration when hovering and is very unstable bouncing around.
2. video quality of actual footage is fuzzy and not as clear as it was before firmware update (not as sharp) and the video footage is not stable (bouncing around & not smooth like a drone should be)
3. Video quality is even worse when the settings for camera are increased to 2.7k or 4k from 1080 when it should be better not worse.
4. Video signal on tablets and phones (I've tried samsung s5, s8, iphone 7 , Mini ipad) and all of them the signal is weak and keeps dropping out and also gets a green line thru the screen
5. Gimbal horizon is not level.

I really need something done about all these issues Susan as I am losing money as I use it for work and this last year I have lost money because of this.  My work depends on this.
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dexcellent Posted at 2018-7-5 01:54
Hi Susan

I understand your frustration and would like to help you figure this out as well. For the firmware v02.00.700, we've received some feedback of vibration on the ground, instead of in the air. Currently, it is normal to get the vibration on the ground only. Not sure your case is individual, we'd like to have the sample video and corresponding flight log for further analysis. It is recommended to upload the flight logs to Dropbox, then share the link with us. Thanks so much!
2018-7-7
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-7 02:48
I understand your frustration and would like to help you figure this out as well. For the firmware v02.00.700, we've received some feedback of vibration on the ground, instead of in the air. Currently, it is normal to get the vibration on the ground only. Not sure your case is individual, we'd like to have the sample video and corresponding flight log for further analysis. It is recommended to upload the flight logs to Dropbox, then share the link with us. Thanks so much!

Thank you Susan.
Could you please tell me how I find  a flight log and how I send you the corresponding video to Dropbox, then share the link with us.
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dexcellent Posted at 2018-7-8 01:45
Thank you Susan.
Could you please tell me how I find  a flight log and how I send you the corresponding video to Dropbox, then share the link with us.

You may refer this tutorial video to export the flight log. As for the upload to Dropbox, I'll PM you for further steps.

2018-7-9
Use props
Dexcellent
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-9 04:36
You may refer this tutorial video to export the flight log. As for the upload to Dropbox, I'll PM you for further steps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg

Hi Susan and thank you for your reply.
Once I have downloaded the data files, how do I share then with you via dropbox??
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dexcellent Posted at 2018-7-11 00:06
Hi Susan and thank you for your reply.
Once I have downloaded the data files, how do I share then with you via dropbox??

Please kindly check the short video I sent in PM, and follow the steps to upload the file and create the link, then paste the link here, so we can review and download directly. Hope this makes it clear.
2018-7-18
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Captain
Flight distance : 3372566 ft

I am sure there are better tablets, but I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A, 10.1 inch with 2 gb of ram and an octocore processer. I have been using it for almost 2 years now with no problems at all with both dji go and litchi.
2018-7-19
Use props
trinity
lvl.1

United States

I'm using a Samsung galaxy tab s2 and it works great. Start drone first, then remote and then the tablet,  then start the dji app
2018-7-21
Use props
Reds2tall55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1159409 ft
United States

I have a new P4 and tried the new samsung Tab E but my bird did not like that Tab so returned it and got a new Ipad 9.7 and it works flawlessly. I'm very happy.  
2018-8-7
Use props
djiuser_DB5JXU2h428j
New

Germany

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-7 06:36
I have a new P4 and tried the new samsung Tab E but my bird did not like that Tab so returned it and got a new Ipad 9.7 and it works flawlessly. I'm very happy.

I would propose something cheap for drone only like Alcatel Onetouch Pixi 4 7inch
2018-10-11
Use props
ATJ
Captain

djiuser_DB5JXU2h428j Posted at 2018-10-11 02:15
I would propose something cheap for drone only like Alcatel Onetouch Pixi 4 7inch

Just purchased a Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 10 for 200.00 and it is sweet.
2018-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules