Tablet is going black on my new P4 Advanced Plus
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SEFMedia
lvl.1
United States

Hello. I recently purchased a refuribished Phantom 4 Advanced + from the DJI store. Everything was beautiful out of the box and in great shape. You wouldn't be able to tell it from a new one. I already have a Mavic Air so I am somewhat familiar with DJI products and the GO App. The set up went fine with the Phantom, but I am having a fustrating experience so far. After a few minutes of flying the tablet goes completely black. I still have control of the drone but no picture at all on the tablet and I do not mean no feed from the camera, I mean the entire screen goes black. Now this only happens when the RC is connected to the drone. I can turn the RC on without being connected to the drone and it'll stay on forever without any problems. Once I connect and fly though the tablet goes black randomly. I've tried different things in the settings and even used DJI assistant to make sure both the drone and RC were updated properly. I can't find a solution. I hope it's just a simple thing somebody can help me with. I love flying this drone but it's frustrating flying for 2-3 minutes only.
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry for the trouble. May I know what mobile device you are using?
2018-5-31
Use props
SEFMedia
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-31 14:50
Sorry for the trouble. May I know what mobile device you are using?

It's the plus model with the built in screen. I bought it so I wouldn't have to use my own device and figured there would be no compatibility issues.
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

SEFMedia Posted at 2018-5-31 14:57
It's the plus model with the built in screen. I bought it so I wouldn't have to use my own device and figured there would be no compatibility issues.

I am sorry, I overlooked that information. The cache is too large and the emitter crashes. Restart the remote controller and app, and this issue will be fixed. If this issue persists, restore to the factory settings and update the app to the latest version. If this issue persists, send the product back for repair. For repair, you may submit the request online, http://www.dji.com/support
2018-5-31
Use props
SEFMedia
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-31 15:03
I am sorry, I overlooked that information. The cache is too large and the emitter crashes. Restart the remote controller and app, and this issue will be fixed. If this issue persists, restore to the factory settings and update the app to the latest version. If this issue persists, send the product back for repair. For repair, you may submit the request online, http://www.dji.com/support

I'll give it a try.
2018-5-31
Use props
SafetyGuy71
lvl.2

I have been monitoring this post. Please let me know how you come out with the possible solution. Thanks
2018-6-1
Use props
SEFMedia
lvl.1

SafetyGuy71 Posted at 2018-6-1 03:31
I have been monitoring this post. Please let me know how you come out with the possible solution. Thanks

Just wanted to let you know none of the options helped, I'm going to have to send back for repair.
2018-6-6
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

It is not that you're are using a shade/cover on the display or in other way can get the little button on top of the display pressed during flight?
That button would turn the display off/on.
2018-6-7
Use props
SEFMedia
lvl.1
United States

No that doesn't do anything.
2018-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules