Corrupt Cinema DNG file...
1231 6 2018-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa6130726
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17684 ft
United States

My Inspire went down while it was still recording and the last section of the Cinema DNG recording is unplayable and I'm assuming is corrupt.  The earlier segments of the recording are fine.  
Anyone know of a way to repair corrupt DNG files?  There are repair options for DJI SD card formats but I don't see anything for Cinema DNG.

Thanks for any ideas...

Gary.
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sorry to read on this, however, regarding with the file that you're trying to retrieve we may need to clarify it to our engineers first, if ever that there will be a way for us to reconstruct the corrupted file, for the meantime if may I ask, may I know if your inspire 2 is still in good condition or if it has a physical damage?
2018-5-31
Use props
fansa6130726
lvl.1
United States

Hello Tony,  Thank you for your reply.  The copter sustained roughly $300 damage which I had DJI in CA repair.
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Gary, we are so sorry for what happened, unfortunately, there is no official method can be provided to recover the corrupted files, sorry for the trouble caused.
2018-5-31
Use props
fansa6130726
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for looking into this.
2018-6-1
Use props
fans22489f76
lvl.1

India

Corrupted DNG file can be recovered with the help of suitable DNG file recovery software.

If you Google then you will find few effective DNG file recovery tool. Many of them offer trial version that will help you to scan your corrupted DNG file and allow you to preview the recoverable DNG files within the software. So you can Google for DNG file recovery and try trial version of the software first.
2018-6-6
Use props
fansa6130726
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for replying.  I'll give the DNG search a try.
2018-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules