Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
REQUEST: Mavic Air USB-C PD charging
5328 32 2018-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
28wins
lvl.4

United States

@DJI Thor
@wisnia.sebastian
@DJI Support
@DJI-Mark

Team, please forward this request to the DJI Mavic Air product chief and engineers to add charging the battery over the USB-C port.

Many users appreciate the option on the Spark.
Being able to leave the AC brick charger behind or have an alternative for it when traveling away from civilation is amazing.
USB-C PD power banks are available (I can think of 5 at the moment) and cheap in that they can charge a myriad of devices ones carries while traveling.

Forum peers, IF you agree please post your support for the idea. If you don't click away. Please do not add useless noise to this thread.

2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. Thank you for the idea. Rest assured that I will be forwarding this idea to our DJI Engineers for further assessments and development. Thank you.
2018-5-31
Use props
28wins
lvl.4

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-5-31 15:32
Good day. Thank you for the idea. Rest assured that I will be forwarding this idea to our DJI Engineers for further assessments and development. Thank you.

Thank you Stephen.

Could you kindly please find out and let us know whether the current circuitry in the Mavic Air is capable of supporting charging the battery?
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

28wins Posted at 2018-5-31 15:37
Thank you Stephen.

Could you kindly please find out and let us know whether the current circuitry in the Mavic Air is capable of supporting charging the battery?

I will try to get that information and once I have it I will inform you as soon as possible.
2018-5-31
Use props
28wins
lvl.4

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-5-31 15:42
I will try to get that information and once I have it I will inform you as soon as possible.

Thank you so much.
2018-5-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Actually does make sense, being more and more things are moving to USB-C.  

Would be nice to carry only one power-brick for Laptop, Cellphone, Camera, and Drone.
2018-5-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Request would actually be in DJI's best interest.  As in the bottom line - Profits

DJI would not need to make and supply their own power supply for sale with drone.   Money Saved

Slight lowering of price-point, reducing initial Buy-In cost.  Increased Sales

2018-5-31
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

I 110% agree that the Mavic Air needs charging capabilities over USB C!    It’s a ultra portable travel drone.

But the Mavic Air also needs dynamic home point.  
2018-5-31
Use props
Ridg
First Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

I agree that it would be a nice feature, there are other omissions that rank more importantly than the ability to charge via USB; a quick google will bring up solutions to this problem.
2018-6-1
Use props
28wins
lvl.4

United States

@imran skywalker

Please add your support here.
2018-6-5
Use props
fansa6b0fb5c
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55164 ft
United States

Signed, lot of people in this thread feel the same way too.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-130913-1-1.html

Either confirm that the USB C port is DATA ONLY and cannot be upgraded by a firmware update so we all can live with it - OR release a firmware upgrade to enable it.

2018-6-5
Use props
28wins
lvl.4

United States

It would be beneficial to keep at least one of the very many threads about this on the first page. We can take turn bumping them.

Thank you for your support.
2018-6-5
Use props
bradzilla
Captain
Flight distance : 40157 ft
  • >>>
Canada

More options for charging are always welcomed i'm sure by all.
2018-6-5
Use props
28wins
lvl.4

United States

Yes! Thank you for your support.
@DJI Stephen : any news?
2018-6-11
Use props
28wins
lvl.4

United States

DJI Stephen please update us.
2018-6-18
Use props
Tooter Turtle
First Officer
United States

I read somewhere on this site that it can't be done due to circuitry design.  
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi 28wins, I received your PM, this idea had been forwarded to the engineers. Thank you for bringing us the attention.
2018-6-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-18 18:28
Hi 28wins, I received your PM, this idea had been forwarded to the engineers. Thank you for bringing us the attention.

yayayayayayay

if it gets USB-C charging that really helps motivate me to buying a mavic air sooner!
2018-6-18
Use props
HoosierT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93219 ft
United States

A vote from me as well. This would be a huge feature for me since I bought this to use for hiking and already carry a battery.
2018-6-19
Use props
djiuser_kfefBmYHrGi3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73937 ft

Well, this is definitely something that should be there out of the box. It's a drone for travel, cmon guys! And having USB-C wout the ability to charge is useless. Even my laptop charges using USB-C.
2018-8-6
Use props
vicwang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4757 ft
Thailand

Please release a firmware update to support this. I know the charging time will be long but most of the time I charge the batteries overnight so it doesn't matter to me.
2018-11-21
Use props
DroneDownunder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32648 ft
Australia

Looks like DJI has gone quiet on this topic so looks like USB-C charging on the Mavic Air is not going to happen.

2018-11-28
Use props
o_laparoto
Captain
Flight distance : 753340 ft
Portugal

Guys, let's keep this alive! Is it possible now to charge via USB-C the Mavic Airt yet?
2018-12-3
Use props
Ridg
First Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

o_laparoto Posted at 12-3 08:56
Guys, let's keep this alive! Is it possible now to charge via USB-C the Mavic Airt yet?

you're wasting your time
2018-12-3
Use props
ygor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

This would be awesome.
If it is not possible to charge the aircraft, at least power enough of the main board to be able to read the Micro SD card without needing to turn the Aircraft on would be awesome.
Can we get any feedback from engineering?
2018-12-3
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Will be a good feature yes.
2018-12-6
Use props
euskokali
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103304 ft
Spain

Agregar esta funcion por dios!!
2019-3-27
Use props
Reggae
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21601 ft

Spain

And add center point in android, and camera settings whith the drone off please
2019-3-29
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ridg Posted at 2018-12-3 12:21
you're wasting your time

No they are not. They are getting points for posting.

But it will never happen. That would require hardware upgrading on an old drone.

If you look at all the posts relating to the Air. Everyone wants all then same functionality as a Mavic 2 Pro.

Yes I would like a 1967 Volkswagen beetle to perform like a 2019 Porsche Turbo S. But that's not going to happen either.
2019-3-29
Use props
Ferrix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171995 ft
United States

Bump.

USB-C charging would be preferable, but if not a charging connection to the battery from usb-c would be a good start.
2019-4-11
Use props
djiuser_rbGbM1ORNTZk
Australia

I'd love some sort of mobile charging option for my MA.
2019-5-2
Use props
djiuser_rbGbM1ORNTZk
Australia

bjr981s Posted at 3-29 06:03
No they are not. They are getting points for posting.

But it will never happen. That would require hardware upgrading on an old drone.

Is it a fact that it would require a hardware upgrade? Do you know for sure that it's not just a software limitation?
2019-5-2
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_rbGbM1ORNTZk Posted at 5-2 16:15
Is it a fact that it would require a hardware upgrade? Do you know for sure that it's not just a software limitation?

Yes. It would require the air to be rewired to charge the batteries from the USB C port.
2019-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules