Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Shall I? Air or wait...?
1217 13 2018-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShadyDealer
First Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Keep thinking of investing in a Mavic Air. I enjoy using my Mav Pro but like the idea of it being a little more portable and less fiddly setting it up for quick photos/videos. I always worry about the gimbal on the MP

I’d like think I’m sensible but it’s drawing me in, is there any members here with both that feel it’s worth it or in hindsight wait for MP2? Have experienced many negatives with Air and positives against the Mav Pro?

2018-5-31
Use props
GDL
First Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Depends on what are you looking for as you already has MP. More portable for quick shoot. Go for MA. Want better camera quality, wait for MP2. If you can wait, suggest wait few months to see if MP2 come out. Also wait for fix of MA firmware.
2018-5-31
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. I don't have both, but my Air now compliments my squadron of P4 series. I find I'm typically only flying the Air now due to the fact that it's easier to just pick-up-and-go. I love the little guy for that reason.

Remembering that the camera is similar to the Pro, I offer another alternative - you can on-sell the Mavic Pro while it's still the current model, use the money to buy the Air, and then make a call on the Pro 2 if and when it becomes available in the future.
2018-5-31
Use props
Arya Dega
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1304311 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

I have both, and for my own opinion, Mavic Air has louder propeller sound than Mavic Pro. I mean too loud!
2018-5-31
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
  • >>>
Malaysia

Thanks guys. Some great feedback so far. It’s th portability thing thats drawing me in. That and the new Quickshoot modes. I’m fully committed with the MP in  terms of accessories and etc. Purchased th fly more combo and additional battery. Think the camera on the Air is still a minor bump in spec with the increase on 4K bit rate. Recent rumours suggest th MP2 won’t have a significantly better camera.

What are th current issues with MA firmware?
2018-5-31
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

GDL Posted at 2018-5-31 20:17
Depends on what are you looking for as you already has MP. More portable for quick shoot. Go for MA. Want better camera quality, wait for MP2. If you can wait, suggest wait few months to see if MP2 come out. Also wait for fix of MA firmware.

MP2 should be out this November if you can wait that long.  Otherwise MA is good choice but not a great choice if you already own Mavic Pro.
2018-5-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

In my opinion, the difference between the MA and the MP when it comes to portability is really small.
I doubt if you will ever notice the difference without knowing which one you have in the bag (no placebo effect)
My suggestion would be: keep the MP, wait for the MP2.
If it is what you 'need' (not too heavy and top quality) then decide if MA or MP2 is worth the money
2018-5-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I owned the MPP and sold it having already bought the MA. You'll get more money for your MP if you sell it now as prices are continuing to plummet - Apple UK have just discontinued selling it here - it is a 2016 drone after all. By the sounds of it you're looking to trade for the MA for the right reasons. The MP is great and there will be times when you'll miss OcuSync but overall, no regrets from me. Do it but don't hesitate/look back - get the MP sold first though. The MP2 is presently a myth - it doesn't exist and no official confirmation of even an announcement to announce it - you could be asking the same questions in 2019. If it does have a 1" sensor etc etc you won't be buying one for a grand either, put it that way!
2018-5-31
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
  • >>>
Malaysia

Cheers guys. I’m not worried to much about selling the MP and buying an additional Air. Just don’t want to think I’ve wasted money by it not being any better (if at all) and thinking it would have been best saved until the MP2 did come out. I also own the goggles so think the MP would work best with them due to Occusync. Eak, the decisions!

Likely to just satisfy my urge and just buy it...these decisions are often best done when I’ve enjoyed a couple of beers
2018-6-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I have both, and as you say MavAir is pretty quick to set up, very portable, I love Mavic Pro I’ve had it since day one and I love flying it and still do, I feel it suffers a little because of tilted horizon but there are ways around this, in good light it shoots great video and takes quality photos.

My plan is to try selling it when Mavic 2 is released and not until then, it owes me nothing so whatever I get for it will be great. I believe MavAir and Mavic 2 will be a great combination to own, and I’m looking forward to release.

Should you wait?
No get it now and enjoy while it’s still early in the season.

2018-6-1
Use props
Bill B
First Officer
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

The set up time for the pro vs the air is no different. I own both and find the pro to be superior. I encourage you to get the MA. Then you’ll see what i mean. As for the portability, very little difference there too. I carry my pro in a small backpack. Same as the air. As for fiddly the air is a major pain in that department. Much more dinking around and calibrating than my pro. Wait until you have to adjust the camera exposure on the MA. No little wheel to do it, you have to be fiddly with the settings on your screen. Everyone is so caught up in this MA. I find it to be hype, it is just ok in my opinion.
2018-6-1
Use props
GDL
First Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

MA + MP2
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Personally, the Mavic air is a great drone, very portable; what's more, we have not got any information about MP2, so you can consider to purchase a Mavic air. Thanks.
2018-6-1
Use props
Bill B
First Officer
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-1 01:40
Personally, the Mavic air is a great drone, very portable; what's more, we have not got any information about MP2, so you can consider to purchase a Mavic air. Thanks.

I do agree with Diana here. Where are these people getting this crazy story of a Mavic Pro 2. I see several posts on it, videos of it "leaking out", which have no substance to them just some one looking for views on youtube. Sometimes I wonder. No correction MOST of the time I wonder what, and how they think. EVERYONE knows DJI is already past the Mavic pro 2 and are ready to release the Mavic PRO/AIR combo super duty, heavy hitting Ultra Magnum, Super Camera Mega IRIS MAvic PRO 7.8. releases tomorrow form what I've heard on the streets.
2018-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules