Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
App settings for an Inspire 2 Hand catch
2124 7 2018-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ikbal Arafa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1671316 ft
  • >>>
Tunisia

Hi,
Is there special setting in the app to allow a hand catch with the Inspire 2.
We practice it several times and it didn't work. The inspire tries always to escape the hand or goes full throtle even with the sensors off.
Am I missing something?
Best.
2018-6-1
Use props
RobAlbania
Second Officer

Don't do it unless your name is Enrique Iglesias and you don't mind losing your fingers ...
2018-6-1
Use props
Ikbal Arafa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1671316 ft
  • >>>
Tunisia

Lol I have to do it. I will shoot from a small boat and hand catch is the only way to do it.
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, unfortunately, we don't have any settings regarding with hand catching and that would be more risky to the pilot as well.
2018-6-1
Use props
Mike9129
First Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft

ive the same problem but itll be 6 weeks before i need to make it work

anyone have any experience?
2018-6-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Are you sure ALL sensors are disabled? If so, it's a two person procedure, definitely not recommended without practicing and clear understanding. Somebody agile enough must grab the beast firmly by special handle grips attached to the arms (see DJI store), while the pilot must perform emergency shut-off immediately after. Make sure the drone is hovering steady above helper's head. Do not attempt such on rough waters or canoe !!!
2018-6-1
Use props
RikDingo
First Officer
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France

IT IS NORMAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As soon as you catch the drone on the boat, you are moving, so the drone try to keep its position. All you have to do is to shut off the downward sensors. As soon as you catch your drone, use the emergency shut off to cut the motors. Of course you have to add the special handhelds on your drone
I have been practicing hand catching since two years. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN EVERY WEEK, YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN ASSISTANT (the one who will catch the drone) , YOU HAVE TO ALWAYS WORK WITH THE SAME ASSISTANT... And then it should be OK.
2018-6-2
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>

Actually I just recently saw a YT video where a girl catches it on a boat with the landing gear UP ONE HANDED, yes someone else is manning the controls but she does it quite expertly, you have to admit, that's hot!
2018-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules