Mavic Controller not responding ??!!
1657 11 2018-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slimharry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 720446 ft
Canada

I flew my drone 2 days ago, everything went well. I put it back in the bag and went home.

I'm going away for the weekend so i decided to pull out my battery that was on the drone to charge and my remote controller which was at 67% battery life. I removed the usb plugged on the left to plug the USB wire to the charging hub. There was no response. I tried plugging it elsewhere and no return again.

I try to plug my phone and turn on DJI GO 4 app and there's also no message saying RC connected.

Now, i'm guessing my charging port is damaged for i don't know which reason?? Is it even possible that it's so fragile that nothing could have damaged it? It really bugs me because i got this drone 2 months ago for iceland, the camera gimble broke half way through my trip because of a manufacturer defect, i got it back this monday after nearly a month of repair and now the remote breaks and I am leaving in the woods for the weekend....
I updated to a new firmware 2 days ago. Can it be the cause?

What the hell?

2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Can the remote controller be turned on or not? Please make sure there is no problem with the charger. Thanks.
2018-6-1
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-1 04:33
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Can the remote controller be turned on or not? Please make sure there is no problem with the charger. Thanks.

The remote controller turns on perfectly fine at 67% battery life. It doesn't do anything when i plug it in, and it doesn't respond to my iphone. I had to leave for work. I will check tonight with another cable if I have one.

Is there release notes on the last firmware? Where can i get the info?

2018-6-1
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-1 04:33
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Can the remote controller be turned on or not? Please make sure there is no problem with the charger. Thanks.

To think of it, both cables didn't work. It must be a controller problem!
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

slimharry Posted at 2018-6-1 04:38
The remote controller turns on perfectly fine at 67% battery life. It doesn't do anything when i plug it in, and it doesn't respond to my iphone. I had to leave for work. I will check tonight with another cable if I have one.

Is there release notes on the last firmware? Where can i get the info?

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. You can check the release notes for the Mavic pro from the website: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2018-6-1
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-1 04:57
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. You can check the release notes for the Mavic pro from the website: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
[view_image]

Can the defect have anything to do after the fimware?
2018-6-1
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-1 04:57
[view_image]

This isn't the latest one? I had an update to do on may 30th
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Generally, the firmware upgrade will not cause hardware glitches. Double checked, both USB cables working when connected other devices? If yes, please kindly upload a short charging issue video for better assistance, we'd like to look into it.
2018-6-1
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

Waiting for my shipping label. The remote is defective.

It’s the second time I have to return and can’t fly my drone. In 3 months I’ll have had it for 3 weeks :/
2018-6-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

slimharry Posted at 2018-6-2 02:06
Waiting for my shipping label. The remote is defective.

It’s the second time I have to return and can’t fly my drone. In 3 months I’ll have had it for 3 weeks :/

We do apologize for the unfortunate experience with our product, please send in the RC at your most convenience when you receive the shipping label, our repair center will help to get it sorted out.
2018-6-2
Use props
videodj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3150 ft
Canada

i had the same problem then found that i was on wifi mode ...u never know to check..
2018-6-2
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

videodj Posted at 2018-6-2 20:29
i had the same problem then found that i was on wifi mode ...u never know to check..

How is that the same problem? The remote doesn't charge with wifi
2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules