828 9 2018-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Calvo288
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1050 ft

Canada

Hello all,

I just pruchased a Mavic Pro and am looking to buy lens filter, what brand and price point should i be looking at for good quality without breaking the bank ?

Thanks

Domeninc

2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. Thank you for purchasing a Mavic Pro. I understand that you are looking for lens filters for your new Mavic Pro. I will be sending you a link ( https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-nd-filters-set-new ) this link will show you the lens filters of DJI for the Mavic Pro. Just a reminder please use original DJI accessories for your drone. Thank you.
2018-6-1
Use props
El Kab0ng
Second Officer
Flight distance : 156499 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most people use the PolarPro cinematic ND filters.  I have the Vivid set and they really do work well, even though sometimes I think they are too dark and only seem to be worth it on the sunniest of days.  But, I'm a newb, so I'm sure I'm using them wrong.  
2018-6-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have the polar pro standard ones. But don't use them too often.
Only when I plan fast motion and video.
Otherwise I'm ok with the shutterspeed I'm getting.
2018-6-1
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>

Hey Domenic,

There are a bunch of brands our there (ours being one of them) but I wont comment on which one is best

One thing you will also want to consider is choosing ND or ND/PL filters. We made a quick video on the difference that hopefully will help you in your buying process.

I am happy to answer any questions you have!
-Jeff from PolarPro

2018-6-1
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

quite satisfied with neewer filters
2018-6-1
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2018-6-1 08:46
Hey Domenic,

There are a bunch of brands our there (ours being one of them) but I wont comment on which one is best  

any videos on how to use the polarized ones? I was using Neewer brand regular ND filters for awhile (which are good and cheap OP) but I just bought the vivid pack to see how i like them in comparison.

Do you just hold it up to your eye and rotate until you get the color you want and then mount it?
2018-6-1
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

ny300z Posted at 2018-6-1 08:59
any videos on how to use the polarized ones? I was using Neewer brand regular ND filters for awhile (which are good and cheap OP) but I just bought the vivid pack to see how i like them in comparison.

Do you just hold it up to your eye and rotate until you get the color you want and then mount it?

I think this guy explains it very well. Basically PL filters are best for photography. They should always be set in relation to the sun's angle to the camera if the effect is desired.

2018-6-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use the Polar Pro cinema series, shutter collection ND filters - ND4, 8 and 16 - the non polarised ones as I only use them to control motion blur in my video. They are exceptionally well made - just screw them on and take off.

2018-6-1
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-6-1 10:20
I think this guy explains it very well. Basically PL filters are best for photography. They should always be set in relation to the sun's angle to the camera if the effect is desired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HjEmihl7kU

thank you! i will check this out later. I plan on using them mostly for photography
2018-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules