Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark GPS Different from P3 Standard?
855 6 2018-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuka75
First Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft

Multiple posts here have alluded , inferred, or i've intrpreted,  that Spark GPS molule is not as robust as other DJI porducts. Anyone aware of this and what the difference is?
Thanks
2018-6-1
Use props
sidtx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

I have both a Spark and a P3 Standard.

I haven't had any GPS issues with either of them -- and I fly in a congested urban environment where everyone and their cats have wi-fi routers and extenders.

The only major difference that I see is that Spark has both US and Russian GPS capability,   whereas the P3 only works with the US system.

Sid
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. Thank you for the information.
2018-6-1
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

I also acknowledge here that after having done 178 flights , i never had a GPS issue
2018-6-1
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

Almost all the "GPS issues" I've seen in this forum and other places online aren't actually GPS issues at all.  Almost all of them are actually compass or magnetic interference issues.  When there is a compass or magnetic issue, the aircraft exits GPS mode and drops into ATTI mode.   This is what most people refer to as "GPS issues".
2018-6-1
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain
Flight distance : 2018645 ft

My Spark takes more time to acquire GPS signal compared to my Mavic Pro.  Spark usually takes a minute or two while mavic pro only takes half a minute..
Other than that, everything else seems the same.
2018-6-1
Use props
LouisP
Captain
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I think that the difference is that the spark only has one IMU and one GPS.. some of the more expensive DJI drones have redundant IMU modules.   So, when the spark encounters an error it has nothing to fall back upon and switches to ATTI mode ignoring the GPS input.  More expensive drones (not sure about Mavic Pro)  have redundancy and don't encounter situations where they have to ignore the GPS position.
2018-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules