1560 9 2018-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BKendrew
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

I have tested the new V2 with the new RE googles and confimed an issue with the hardward (for me at least).  When I connect the RE googles to the V2 it degrades the video tramsission and severly reduces the range I get before it looses video connection.  I have tried this several times (at lease 6 flights).  When RE googgles connected I can only get about 300 to 400ft distance before I start having connection problems.  When I disconnect (turn off) the RE googles from the V2 may range is back to normal, 1500 ft distance not problem.  The RE googles are even worse when switch from Normal to HD, I cant even get 200ft distance.  If you turn off the googles distance range comes back.  Turn them on and i get weak signal warnings and signal is lost.  I also have a Phantom Pro.  I can use these RE googles with the Phantom Pro no problem with 1500 ft distance and no signal loss or warnings.  These observatons makes me think is a V2 issue, or at lease mine has an problem as the RE googles work great on the Phantom Pro.  I bought the V2 so I could use the googles wirelessly.  I have the V1 Phantom and using the cable with the controller is pain in the ass (poor cable connect design, not robust mechanical connector).  Antother thing I have observed with the V2 is satalite connectivy is not as sensitive as my V1 and Phantom Pro.  On the V1 and Phantom Pro they both connect to 12 plus satilites in a minute or less,  usually.  The new V2 usually only connects to 7-9 until its about 10 ft off the ground then it will connect to 10 plus.  I tested this several times in the same location with the V1, V2, and Phantom Pro within 1/2 hour or so of each other.  I've observed this at least a dozen times now.  V1 and Phantom Pro connect quickly ususlly to 12 plus on the ground pre-launch, not my new V2.  7-9 satilites on the ground.  But when I take off and get 10 to 20 ft in the air - boom, they connect.  ???

2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I am sorry for the trouble. We do have the latest firmware uploaded to our DJI website. You may want to update it to the latest firmware. https://www.dji.com/dji-goggles-re/info#downloads
2018-6-1
Use props
BKendrew
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Pretty sure I have the latest firmware.  I update the googles about 2 weeks ago as well as the Phantom V2.  I will double check.
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BKendrew Posted at 2018-6-1 09:28
Pretty sure I have the latest firmware.  I update the googles about 2 weeks ago as well as the Phantom V2.  I will double check.

Sure. The latest firmware is DJI Goggles RE: v 1.0.4.0.
2018-6-1
Use props
BKendrew
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-1 09:29
Sure. The latest firmware is DJI Goggles RE: v 1.0.4.0.

Hi Natalia,

I checked the googles firmware via assistant 2, its current.  Tonight I did a flight with Mavic Pro and RE googles again.  The RE googles DO interfere with the Mavic connection quality, however not nearly as severe as PH2.   At distance ~1200 ft.  signal was getting interrupted.  I shut on and off the googles several times and observed the connection noticeably improve n(I could go farther) with the RE googles off.  One thought I had was to check to ensure the other radios in the headset were off.  However; there is no menu selection to confirm the other onboard radios are off,  This may not be the problem, however its strange to have the google interfere with controller to drone transmissions? n
what about some of the other things I noticed in original post?  Don't get me wrong, these are fly great and with precision.  Just noticing some "bugs" with the RE googles.  Here another one, when I connect them to the PH2 and then connect to the Mavic Pro I have to relink them again via the button on the drone,  The RE googles can store and address both sets?
2018-6-1
Use props
BKendrew
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi Natalia

Can you ask the engineering team about the strong interference when paired with the new version of the phantom 4 pro v2?  Also any insight on my other observations?
2018-6-5
Use props
BKendrew
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi DJI,  any suggestions on the interference caused by the RE googles?
2018-6-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

BKendrew Posted at 2018-6-6 14:56
Hi DJI,  any suggestions on the interference caused by the RE googles?

You are on what is essentially a user forum, the DJI technical people do not participate on here, only the appointed moderators. They pass information back to the technical people, and often there is no response. Your best bet is for a member who knows the answer to help you out.
2018-6-6
Use props
BKendrew
lvl.4
  • >>>

The DJI moderators e.g. Natailia interacts on this forum for issues similar.  Figured they would be interested in feedback on issues with latest Phantom and RE googles.  
2018-6-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

BKendrew Posted at 2018-6-6 16:12
The DJI moderators e.g. Natailia interacts on this forum for issues similar.  Figured they would be interested in feedback on issues with latest Phantom and RE googles.

By the way, it is Goggles, not Googles. And yes, they are interested to hear about problems, but don't expect them to reply to you. Natalia is a forum moderator, not an engineer.
2018-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules