Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic air issue
1531 21 2018-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9aD0xZzNlIwx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35072 ft

Today I flew over a densely populated area with my Mavic air for 1800m distance with no problems or lags . After the 1800m I lost signal and the screen turned black and white. The RTH alert didn't triggered right away but it did after 2,30 minutes . I literally s**t in my pants. Fortunately it did turn back home and when it landed the app showed me that needs update. I checked the flight logs and I saw that the drone was hovering for those 2,30 minutes before the RTH activated . Why the RTH didn't trigger right away when the signal was lost and why showed me that the app needs an update when I landed ? The drone and the app have lastests updates.

Thanks in advance
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. I am very sorry for what happened to your flight. I understand that the Mavic Air is updated. Let me send this issue to our DJI engineers so that we can dig deeper on what happened to your flight.
2018-6-1
Use props
djiuser_9aD0xZzNlIwx
lvl.1

Thanks alot Stephen
2018-6-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

To clarify, in Flight log, what is time in seconds when -

Mavic Air lost connection?

Mavic Air started RTH?

According to MA manual, RTH will start 3-seconds after losing contact with RC and 20-seconds after losing contact via WiFi to smartdevice.

2018-6-1
Use props
djiuser_9aD0xZzNlIwx
lvl.1

At 18:46 lost signal ,screen black and white with the message  to return home and pressing yes for a few times and 18:48 triggered the RTH then the screen was back to normal
2018-6-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

djiuser_9aD0xZzNlIwx Posted at 2018-6-1 13:36
At 18:46 lost signal ,screen black and white with the message  to return home and pressing yes for a few times and 18:48 triggered the RTH then the screen was back to normal

Sounds like drone was right on fringe edge of signal / no-signal.
Might be a case that signal getting to drone was intermittent, essentially resetting the Lost Signal timer.

DJI will have to answer whether regaining signal prior to RTH would reset timer.  And how many resets can occur in a given period of time, before resets are disallowed - forcing RTH to be activated.
2018-6-1
Use props
djiuser_9aD0xZzNlIwx
lvl.1

Sounds right but is this normal? The drone was sitting there hovering for 2 and a half minutes. Thank God there was enough battery left to come home. What if the battery wasn't enough?
2018-6-1
Use props
Axeli
Captain
Flight distance : 339416 ft
Czechia

Then MA would initiate RTH immediately.
2018-6-2
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
Flight distance : 12165479 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Good to hear that your drone returned to home, better late than never...

Would you like to post your link to your flightrecord on here? (http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/)

cheers JJB
2018-6-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

djiuser_9aD0xZzNlIwx Posted at 2018-6-1 22:19
Sounds right but is this normal? The drone was sitting there hovering for 2 and a half minutes. Thank God there was enough battery left to come home. What if the battery wasn't enough?

Losing the video link does not mean that the RC link is lost. These are two separate functions. RTH will initiate once the RC link is lost. Your MA was hovering because it was waiting for stick input from you. Once the RC link got lost as well, it returned by itself. In summary it performed exactly as it is supposed to.
2018-6-2
Use props
djiuser_9aD0xZzNlIwx
lvl.1

So losing video link is different than signal lost?
2018-6-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

djiuser_9aD0xZzNlIwx Posted at 2018-6-2 05:33
So losing video link is different than signal lost?

Please see post 9# here above. With your flightrecord we shall be able to tell you more about what has happened. And JJB is a real great expert in this!
2018-6-2
Use props
djiuser_9aD0xZzNlIwx
lvl.1

Unfortunately the flight record folder is empty , can someone help me find those records so I can upload them?
2018-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

djiuser_9aD0xZzNlIwx Posted at 2018-6-1 22:19

As wacthberger said loosing video signal won’t initiate RTH, and if you lose RC signal it will start RTH after 3 seconds and if signal returns within 3 seconds then RTH won’t initiate, and to answer other queries it will continue the same practice as long as you let it or until it gets to low battery, it is explained very well in your manual.
You must also check that you don’t have loss of RC signal set to hover, this is only for VLOS , make sure you have it set to RTH.
2018-6-2
Use props
djiuser_9aD0xZzNlIwx
lvl.1

It is RTH ,not Hover from the beginning
2018-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

djiuser_9aD0xZzNlIwx Posted at 2018-6-1 13:36

When you lose RC signal you won’t be asked to confirm RTH , so it’s more than likely you lost video signal first.
2018-6-2
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_9aD0xZzNlIwx Posted at 2018-6-2 05:39
Unfortunately the flight record folder is empty , can someone help me find those records so I can upload them?

very strange a empy folder....
Just to be sure; did you search for that folder in your phone?
2018-6-2
Use props
djiuser_9aD0xZzNlIwx
lvl.1

Yes sir, unfortunately I'm out and don't have my laptop with me, I ve just read that it's in my pc files so when I get home I will upload them
2018-6-2
Use props
djiuser_9aD0xZzNlIwx
lvl.1

But please can someone explain to me what's the difference between losing the signal and losing the video feed? Also how can u lose the video feed without losing the signal first?
2018-6-2
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_9aD0xZzNlIwx Posted at 2018-6-2 06:20
Yes sir, unfortunately I'm out and don't have my laptop with me, I ve just read that it's in my pc files so when I get home I will upload them

Uh, flightrecord.txt files are stored on your phone or tablet ; the one where the DJI go app is installed.
2018-6-2
Use props
djiuser_9aD0xZzNlIwx
lvl.1

Ok let me check
2018-6-2
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_9aD0xZzNlIwx Posted at 2018-6-2 06:27
But please can someone explain to me what's the difference between losing the signal and losing the video feed? Also how can u lose the video feed without losing the signal first?

There are 2 type of signals ; 1) video signal from Drone > RC  > GoApp and 2) signal from RC <> Drone.

Most of the times when a video signal is lost you can control the drone as usual but ofcourse that`s difficult without a screen image...if flying LOS than just look at the drone and fly it back.
If flying outside LOS, oops  remember what the orientation was and steer back home.
The little compass is working so if you know how to use that than flying back home should be a piece of cake!....(and yes, i will be sweating too with a heart beat of 180)

cheers
JJB
2018-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules