Need help with precision land
1103 3 2018-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_YXsOz4J8ntnt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169885 ft

I read the manual, watched videos, etc, but can't pull it off. Instead of retuning the landing pad I mow the spring weeds several feet away. After takeoff I try.to ascend vertically to 30.ft.or... Maybe I'm not moving the left.stick
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, the precision landing requires to fly vertically and slowly. Also, make sure there are distinctive features on the terrain. During the landing, please do not touch the sticks to see whether it works.  
2018-6-1
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

G'day.
The following 'main' points regarding precision landing are stated in the manual:

1) Spark takes off vertically to 7 m (23 ft) to activate precision landing.
2) During landing, the only stick option is to throttle down. Any other stick movements will stop precision landing.
3) Home point terrain with no distinctive features will affect performance.

There are at least 2 videos on YouTube showing how the vision system a works indoors & outdoor with Spark. (Sorry, I'm too lazy to find & post the links at the moment - search YouTube).
A) Indoors, Spark can use the vision system to hover over a distinct object. A YouTube video shows Spark hovering over a 'rug' & then Spark follows the 'rug' as somebody moves the 'rug' in different directions.
B) Outdoors,  Spark can not always use the vision system if the ground terrain is a continuous pattern. Another YouTube video shows Spark landing in the wrong 'car parking bay'. All the lines marking the parking bays look the same to Spark. I guess the visual system compares the terrain & GPS may be inaccurate within very short distances.

Happy Flying.
2018-6-1
Use props
Leandro Brazil
New
Flight distance : 11759 ft

Brazil

Sparkz71 Posted at 2018-6-1 23:21
G'day.
The following 'main' points regarding precision landing are stated in the manual:

TKS for this
2022-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules