Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI / UPS lost my drone
12Next >
8802 43 2018-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_XiULLKKbcjE2
lvl.1
United States

My Mavic Pro was shipped out to Dji to be repaired because the camera gimble stopped working. The package was lost in transit by UPS, and when I contacted UPS they said that I should contact DJI directly and that they would begin an investigation. At this point my drone is MIA and I'm pretty bummed because I was looking forward to using it this summer.
2018-6-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Do you have the UPS Tracking number?  
If yes, does number show it being delivered to DJI?    Does it show who signed for it?  

I hope you got a UPS pick-up or UPS drop-off reciept, or UPS shows the package in their system being picked-up or dropped-off.

2018-6-1
Use props
3-D
Captain
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

don't settle.  Don't just give up.  Call them and make them track it down.

I made them track down a $20 package of shoe cleaner.  There is no way i'd let them get away with losing my drone!!
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm so sorry to read the troubles. Could you tell us your case number? I have tried but failed to get the case number via the forum info...
2018-6-1
Use props
djiuser_XiULLKKbcjE2
lvl.1
United States

DJI support is closed and i will definitely contact them on Monday. But yes I have been tracking the package and it stopped in Forth Worth TX and hasn't moved. The scheduled delivery on the package now says "Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later." and UPS said the package is considered lost. I've seen this process take 1-3 months to resolve and I'm just overall irritated.
2018-6-1
Use props
djiuser_XiULLKKbcjE2
lvl.1
United States

I sent the UPS tracking number and case number to you in a private message. Thanks for following up with this.
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_XiULLKKbcjE2 Posted at 2018-6-1 19:07
I sent the UPS tracking number and case number to you in a private message. Thanks for following up with this.

Received with thanks! I'll forward to the right team to investigate. They will check the exact status and keep you updated. We'll keep an eye on this as well.
2018-6-1
Use props
djiuser_XiULLKKbcjE2
lvl.1
United States

I keep calling technical support and at this point they are just giving me the run around. They just saying they will notify me with any updates to my case. I'm going on 4 weeks w/ no drone and many headaches.

Mckinney,  TX,  United States        06/06/2018        11:13 A.M.        A damage has been reported and we will notify the sender.
Mckinney,  TX,  United States        06/05/2018        9:15 A.M.        Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage.
DFW Airport,  TX,  United States        06/02/2018        5:50 P.M.        We've begun an investigation to locate the package.
Ft Worth,  TX,  United States        05/30/2018        7:44 P.M.        Arrival Scan
New Stanton,  PA,  United States        05/29/2018        11:14 P.M.        Departure Scan
New Stanton,  PA,  United States        05/28/2018        12:30 A.M.        Arrival Scan
Pittsburgh,  PA,  United States        05/27/2018        11:42 P.M.        Departure Scan
Pittsburgh,  PA,  United States        05/26/2018        8:42 P.M.        Origin Scan
05/26/2018        9:38 A.M.        Drop-Off
United States        05/24/2018        6:23 P.M.        Order Processed: Ready for UPS
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_XiULLKKbcjE2 Posted at 2018-6-11 15:56
I keep calling technical support and at this point they are just giving me the run around. They just saying they will notify me with any updates to my case. I'm going on 4 weeks w/ no drone and many headaches.

Mckinney,  TX,  United States        06/06/2018        11:13 A.M.        A damage has been reported and we will notify the sender.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, our related team has claimed the lost issue to UPS and is waiting for the investigation from them, we will inform the team to keep following up, please allow us some time, thanks for your patience and understanding.
2018-6-11
Use props
djiuser_XiULLKKbcjE2
lvl.1
United States

After me calling almost every day this week someone from the logistics team called me today (the people who are supposed to be communicating w/ UPS). They told me they are shipping me out a replacement drone. Hoping UPS doesn't lose this one too..
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_XiULLKKbcjE2 Posted at 2018-6-14 17:46
After me calling almost every day this week someone from the logistics team called me today (the people who are supposed to be communicating w/ UPS). They told me they are shipping me out a replacement drone. Hoping UPS doesn't lose this one too..

Glad to know the issue is turning out to be great, hope you will receive it soon, please keep us updated if there is any other issue.
2018-6-14
Use props
Jozar_099
lvl.1
Flight distance : 436 ft

Similarly to the initiator of this post, UPS lost my DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. It's now been seven (7) weeks since DJIs took my drone with no sense when this madness will end. DJI blames UPS, UPS blames DJI. No one wants to close the case. Me the customer gets to pay the consequences. Please help! If this continues, I will be forced to follow with lawsuit. Case #*CAS-2318803-M0M3X4
2018-10-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Jozar_099 Posted at 2018-10-18 14:41
Similarly to the initiator of this post, UPS lost my DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. It's now been seven (7) weeks since DJIs took my drone with no sense when this madness will end. DJI blames UPS, UPS blames DJI. No one wants to close the case. Me the customer gets to pay the consequences. Please help! If this continues, I will be forced to follow with lawsuit. Case #*CAS-2318803-M0M3X4

We're sorry to hear about the trouble, Joel. Checking the case, I can see that one from the higher team is taking care of this case. Since UPS is still investigating the case, we really need to wait for their update. We'd really appreciate your patience on this. Thanks for the support!
2018-10-18
Use props
Jozar_099
lvl.1

@Diana. My package was never delivered on the 27th of September.  Investigation started since then. I turned a police report as requested on Oct 3rd. Now it's going to be the Oct 19th and still waiting. I was just told today to keep waiting. When is this nightmare expected to end? Why does a customer have to not only wait for your vendors (UPS) investigation, but also pay for his own police report? Why am I being responsible for your contractors dealings? Did I hire UPS to deliver? This could have been avoided if DJI would have sent my brand new Mavic 2 Zoom with a signature requirement. Now you've lost it and I'm sitting two months waiting for you to get paid from UPS so I can get what's mine.  4 Weeks to fix a gimble, then 4 weeks (so far) to get UPS/DJI to take responsibility for their mistake. Then another period of time to get my new replacement drone. DJI was the biggest mistake of my life.
2018-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jozar_099 Posted at 2018-10-18 17:06
@Diana. My package was never delivered on the 27th of September.  Investigation started since then. I turned a police report as requested on Oct 3rd. Now it's going to be the Oct 19th and still waiting. I was just told today to keep waiting. When is this nightmare expected to end? Why does a customer have to not only wait for your vendors (UPS) investigation, but also pay for his own police report? Why am I being responsible for your contractors dealings? Did I hire UPS to deliver? This could have been avoided if DJI would have sent my brand new Mavic 2 Zoom with a signature requirement. Now you've lost it and I'm sitting two months waiting for you to get paid from UPS so I can get what's mine.  4 Weeks to fix a gimble, then 4 weeks (so far) to get UPS/DJI to take responsibility for their mistake. Then another period of time to get my new replacement drone. DJI was the biggest mistake of my life.

Hi Jozar, we understand your situation and very sorry for the unpleasant experience. All your info has been forwarded to the designated team for check and review, please allow us some time to investigate this. The management will keep following up your case and update for you.
2018-10-18
Use props
Jozar_099
lvl.1

United States

@DJI Susan. I've given DJI 1 month for a repair that literally took one hour to complete and 1 month to dispute/find my lost package with your chosen delivery company. How much longer are you wanting me to wait Susan? Let's be realistic, is a month for either one of these above tasks necessary? Specially when I also bought the refresh warranty. The truth is that DJI only cares about their profits and not the customer.  If you can't see how unjust your process is, I hope any future customer can. I'm disappointed in your company. No effort has been yet made to make it right. Not only that, but my entire summer is now gone. Now when you guys finally supply me my replacement, I won't be able to fly it.
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jozar_099 Posted at 2018-10-19 05:22
@DJI Susan. I've given DJI 1 month for a repair that literally took one hour to complete and 1 month to dispute/find my lost package with your chosen delivery company. How much longer are you wanting me to wait Susan? Let's be realistic, is a month for either one of these above tasks necessary? Specially when I also bought the refresh warranty. The truth is that DJI only cares about their profits and not the customer.  If you can't see how unjust your process is, I hope any future customer can. I'm disappointed in your company. No effort has been yet made to make it right. Not only that, but my entire summer is now gone. Now when you guys finally supply me my replacement, I won't be able to fly it.

Jozar, I hope you understand that this incident is not what we want to see. Now that UPS is conducting an investigation, we might really need to wait for their update. You may check UPS tracking site time by time for an update regarding the investigation. Below is the current status of the tracking info.

If there'll be an update, the relative department will reach you the soonest time possible. Thanks for understanding. 1.png
2018-10-19
Use props
Jozar_099
lvl.1

@DJI Susan. Your statement is very incorrect and misguiding. It was indeed in DJIs control to protect my property. Who would send a $1300 device without a signature requirement? There are many precautions you could have taken with UPS, but you didn't to save some on shipping cost. Not only did you not protect my package but you had no care, and this is even after I called several times prior to you shipping asking for better protection. Let me make sure this is clear, if my package is not found, it is your sole responsibility to reimburse me.! You took that responsibility when paying for the shipment both ways. I don't understand why as an intelligent company you wish to cast blame at UPS for losing my property which in fact you both work as an unit.

On the advise to continue to wait past two months without my property, what other choice do I have? You're literally holding my NEW replacement hostage while your shipping vendor refunds you for MY MONEY. More wait even though I've been repeatedly told that the investigation will only take 8-10 businesses day. Now going on the twelfth business day of that same investigation with no response.

Shame on you and your process to make the customer and other parties responsible for what you should solved.

I only hope other customers take my case as an example and never buy another product from you again.
2018-10-21
Use props
MichealMedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179026 ft

The package has not been delivered? If so, you should contact UPS and accuse them of losing your package...
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jozar_099 Posted at 2018-10-21 16:38
@DJI Susan. Your statement is very incorrect and misguiding. It was indeed in DJIs control to protect my property. Who would send a $1300 device without a signature requirement? There are many precautions you could have taken with UPS, but you didn't to save some on shipping cost. Not only did you not protect my package but you had no care, and this is even after I called several times prior to you shipping asking for better protection. Let me make sure this is clear, if my package is not found, it is your sole responsibility to reimburse me.! You took that responsibility when paying for the shipment both ways. I don't understand why as an intelligent company you wish to cast blame at UPS for losing my property which in fact you both work as an unit.

On the advise to continue to wait past two months without my property, what other choice do I have? You're literally holding my NEW replacement hostage while your shipping vendor refunds you for MY MONEY. More wait even though I've been repeatedly told that the investigation will only take 8-10 businesses day. Now going on the twelfth business day of that same investigation with no response.

Hi Jozar, we sincerely apologize for all the troubles caused, we have transferred your frustration to the team to push the whole progress, we will have someone to keep you updated for the further resolution, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-10-22
Use props
Jozar_099
lvl.1

United States

After 13 business days waiting for UPS/DJI to advice me on my case investigation, I decided to check things on my own. Come to find out that UPS closed my case due to DJI not having answered their questions. They then decided to restart the investigation which will add 10 more business days to my forceful waiting. **I've been waiting over almost two full month now for DJI to return what they stole from me.  I've still have not seen any action from DJI. Logistics have never contacted me.

DJI do you honestly find this funny? Only thing that comes to mind is, "What was I thinking when I selected DJI as my product"? Not sure, but I regret it.

I would encourage everyone of you future customers to think twice before engaging on a purchase with DJI.

I really wish the CEO of DJi would see and know how his customers are being treated.

Beware!
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jozar_099 Posted at 2018-10-23 17:35
After 13 business days waiting for UPS/DJI to advice me on my case investigation, I decided to check things on my own. Come to find out that UPS closed my case due to DJI not having answered their questions. They then decided to restart the investigation which will add 10 more business days to my forceful waiting. **I've been waiting over almost two full month now for DJI to return what they stole from me.  I've still have not seen any action from DJI. Logistics have never contacted me.

DJI do you honestly find this funny? Only thing that comes to mind is, "What was I thinking when I selected DJI as my product"? Not sure, but I regret it.

So sorry for the unpleasant experience during the communication. We'll keep an eye on the status as well and hope this can be figured out soon.
2018-10-24
Use props
djiuser_UaI7iz3nZkDH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 663 ft
Ireland

I’m sending my drone in the next few days by ups, my drone is only 3 weeks old and has a fault, I will cry if I have to go through lost goods and the rest, fingers crossed
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_UaI7iz3nZkDH Posted at 11-21 07:24
I’m sending my drone in the next few days by ups, my drone is only 3 weeks old and has a fault, I will cry if I have to go through lost goods and the rest, fingers crossed

Hi John Paul, I was able to get your case number in your forum account. I strongly advise you to put the case number in the package when send the unit for repair. You will receive email notification once package received in the facility.
2018-11-21
Use props
rickelal
lvl.2
Canada

its like these dji workers on these forums are literally paid just to say nice things and do nothing of any importance for you. What kind of reputable company tells a customer they just have to sit tight and wait while ups investigates while the customer is out thousands of dollars, this is ridiculous, this is why I buy everything off amazon even if its a little bit more expensive, atleast I have piece of mind that im dealing with a very reputable company that treats their customers the way they should be. DJi is ridiculous, my osmo pocket seems to be lost as well and I am beyond frusterated right now, It was a xmas gift for my son and all I get from dji is hopefully you will get it before then!! I mean really?!?!?!?!?!?
2018-12-19
Use props
Pramod Raghavendra Jayathirth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4495 ft
United States

MichealMedia Posted at 2018-10-21 19:13
The package has not been delivered? If so, you should contact UPS and accuse them of losing your package...

aRE YOU NUTS?
2019-3-20
Use props
djiuser_h7fLCyehU5KI
lvl.1

This just happened to me. I sent my DJI Phantom 4 for repair and now UPS says delivered but it was never delivered. I have a door camera and no one was at my residence. Also my gate was never opened to allow entry. I have case number from DJI and tracking number from UPS.
PLEASE HELP
2019-9-25
Use props
djiuser_h7fLCyehU5KI
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-11-21 12:43
Hi John Paul, I was able to get your case number in your forum account. I strongly advise you to put the case number in the package when send the unit for repair. You will receive email notification once package received in the facility.

Im going through the same situation now and needed the drone for my event in October. PLEASE HELP
2019-9-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_h7fLCyehU5KI Posted at 9-25 06:42
Im going through the same situation now and needed the drone for my event in October. PLEASE HELP

Hi, we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Could you tell us your case number? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help. Thanks in advance.
2019-9-25
Use props
djiuser_h7fLCyehU5KI
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 9-25 13:40
Hi, we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Could you tell us your case number? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help. Thanks in advance.

CAS-3475740-P4S3Z6
2019-9-25
Use props
djiuser_h7fLCyehU5KI
lvl.1

CAS-3583099-X9D2W9 this is the updated case. Dji asked me to file a police report which ive done and supplied them the report #  Now im being asked to pay $ to get the physocal report and send it to DJI. Ive paid dor my drone, the repair and now being asked to pay for a report. Please HELP
2019-9-25
Use props
djiuser_h7fLCyehU5KI
lvl.1

CAS-3583099-X9D2W9 this is the updated case. Dji asked me to file a police report which ive done and supplied them the report #  Now im being asked to pay $ to get the physocal report and send it to DJI. Ive paid dor my drone, the repair and now being asked to pay for a report. Please HELP
2019-9-25
Use props
djiuser_h7fLCyehU5KI
lvl.1

CAS-3583099-X9D2W9
2019-9-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

This is the case number about Mavic Air. CAS-3475740-P4S3Z6 should be the correct one. Your case is following up the higher-level team and we will have someone to contact you for better assistance, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-9-26
Use props
djiuser_qaJUb1CBFzTE
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have had the same problem UPS have lost my mavic 2 pro and sent door handles to eindhoven,NL . Its been 4 week and Ive lost count how many times ive called UPS and DJI live chat . I just get told they will investigate but when UPS go to pick the wrong parcel back up they say its never ready feel like i have been getting messed about i just want help to find my drone and the care refresh package has been a waste of money because they is no drone to repair . I just want it sorting please help my case number is . CAS-5593865-X2G7B2
Screenshot_20210105-174053.jpg
Screenshot_20210105-161016.jpg
Screenshot_20210105-161009.jpg
2021-1-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_qaJUb1CBFzTE Posted at 1-5 10:01
I have had the same problem UPS have lost my mavic 2 pro and sent door handles to eindhoven,NL . Its been 4 week and Ive lost count how many times ive called UPS and DJI live chat . I just get told they will investigate but when UPS go to pick the wrong parcel back up they say its never ready feel like i have been getting messed about i just want help to find my drone and the care refresh package has been a waste of money because they is no drone to repair . I just want it sorting please help my case number is . CAS-5593865-X2G7B2

I am sorry for your case, your post was replied and we will keep following your case, please keep updated on your post and do not spam, thank you.
2021-1-6
Use props
djiuser_qaJUb1CBFzTE
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Again i have tried locating my drone its been missing near enough 8 weeks now im sick to death of just getting passed about . i call UPS they say ring DJI . Then DJI say call UPS nothing is getting done about it . Id rather just be told its been lost and lost £1.500 plus £109 for the care package what has been pointless . Try not to crash a drone because this is what you put up with after all that money spent !! Never again
2021-1-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_qaJUb1CBFzTE Posted at 1-14 13:52
Again i have tried locating my drone its been missing near enough 8 weeks now im sick to death of just getting passed about . i call UPS they say ring DJI . Then DJI say call UPS nothing is getting done about it . Id rather just be told its been lost and lost £1.500 plus £109 for the care package what has been pointless . Try not to crash a drone because this is what you put up with after all that money spent !! Never again

Sorry to have kept you waiting. The UPS claim's status has been updated. We are sorry to inform you that UPS has not approved your claim since they did not find any transportation abnormalities through their case investigation.
The parcel that DJI received was a door handle as the picture below shows. Under these circumstances, we'll report the case to the police for further assistance. Thank you for your understanding.
2021-1-15
Use props
djiuser_qaJUb1CBFzTE
lvl.1
United Kingdom

just an absolute joke the lot of it.  last time i ever send a drone for repair or get insurance again i would rather pay for repairs myself that way i get it back . Dont ever crash your drone people because this is what you could face . And not any company cares or want to take responsibility you just get passed about . I wont even buy a drone again £1.500 in the bin as well as insurance what has been a total waste not happy one bit . I cent believe the drone cant even be located even by tracing or serial number . The package has a tracking number how can it just disappear . Basically your telling me to get over it and its gone and done with im . Well this is not done with i will be taking this further . Mavic 2 have serial numbers GPS the LOT your telling me this cant be located in TODAYS WORLD ????
2021-1-15
Use props
Fat Panda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31050 ft
Hong Kong

djiuser_qaJUb1CBFzTE Posted at 1-15 13:11
just an absolute joke the lot of it.  last time i ever send a drone for repair or get insurance again i would rather pay for repairs myself that way i get it back . Dont ever crash your drone people because this is what you could face . And not any company cares or want to take responsibility you just get passed about . I wont even buy a drone again £1.500 in the bin as well as insurance what has been a total waste not happy one bit . I cent believe the drone cant even be located even by tracing or serial number . The package has a tracking number how can it just disappear . Basically your telling me to get over it and its gone and done with im . Well this is not done with i will be taking this further . Mavic 2 have serial numbers GPS the LOT your telling me this cant be located in TODAYS WORLD ????

LOL, DOOR HANDLE...

Since DJI provided the evidence that they received the parcel is a door handle. Tthere are two others posibilities:
1. UPS not admit their mistake, if so, you are recommended to report the case to the police for further investigation.
2. Please make sure the door handle is not yours, the police can retrieve fingerprints for verification.
2021-1-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules