609 1 2018-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

Having taken delivery today of the Crystal Sky Ultra, here are my observations:

It's really bright!
It's not OLED, which I would have expected at this pricepoint, but it's still a decent IPS panel.
The startup menu is a bit confusing. There seem to be two tiles, one that says something like "connect to drone" and the other indicating that it's the one to select for flying. I got stuck in a loop a couple of times when selecting the one on the the right.
It is STILL necessary to unplug and replug the USB cable in order to detect the drone and establish connection. I had this problem with my Android phone and my iPad. Would not connect until I replugged the cable.
Obviously, it has GPS, but I can't find it on the setup menu. Follow Me function works with this display, which relies on GPS in the smart device. What I noticed was that Follow Me is not smooth. The drone will sit there until we walk out of the top of the frame and then it will suddenly move and "catch up" and then park itself in the sky until we move out of frame again. I found that Active Track works a treat instead.
It would be nice to have a monitor LUT on playback of stored footage from the CS's internal storage. It has one for playing the drone footage off the drone's memory and for live view, but it would be useful for playing back the proxy videos downloaded from the Light Bridge.
Nice to have them provide a screen protector film that's not got print advertizing all over it. Saves a few $$$ there.
Build quality feels solid. It comes with TWO batteries. But no charger power supply. And you can't charge the batteries while you're charging your drone battery. for $999, it should have come with both the charger and the mounting clamp.
It seems to be a fairly full featured Android tablet. It has a web browser, Wi-Fi and apparently cellular (at least the menu indicates you can link to a cellular provider).
My wife is happy with it; she likes the drone even more now that she can see clearly what the drone is seeing, plus all flight info. And for the first time, she landed the drone right inside the inner circle of the landing pad.
I'll probably add more later.. I'm about out of gas myself.
2018-6-1
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

I wish the nomenclature for the pushbutton controls was backlit. It was impossible to see the names of the buttons while flying at dusk.
2018-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules