Lily Camera
4887 18 2015-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
France

Maybe this this had already a post related, but after a search I can not find anything.

Quite a funny toy.

2015-5-14
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

It's kind of buggy right now though. Great concept though.

http://www.theguardian.com/techn ... park-video#comments
2015-5-14
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-5-14 19:08

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/v ...

Yes I agree but, I pre ordered mine, I love the idea that its another alternative to pictures and video unmanned.
and Buggy well my lovely inspire 1 6 months later is still buggy.
2015-5-14
Use props
moiseev.sergey
lvl.2

Russia

cmontisano Posted at 2015-5-14 21:26
Yes I agree but, I pre ordered mine, I love the idea that its another alternative to pictures and  ...

Lily don't have any gimbal so all promotional videos were most likely shot by Phantom. Also no info about  sensors so it's just unsafe to use (spinning around your watch type controller it can seriously hit someone else). And as we see in Guardian video it's just unable to fly on it's own. So it's a scam, not sure for what are you paying pre-orders.
2015-5-14
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

moiseev.sergey@ Posted at 2015-5-14 21:38
Lily don't have any gimbal so all promotional videos were most likely shot by Phantom. Also no inf ...

Seriously, there developers are practically in my back yard as for the gimbal I suggest you do some research before you post maybe you get better answers, but without collision avoidance you are correct it can possible due some damage if they don't get it right. also pre order can be canceled at the time of shipment, I started dialogue with one of the developers on Monday trying to get on his beta testers team for this summer.  my decision to pre order is mine im comfortable with it.. and this is no way to compare to my inspire 1 im more interested unmanned camera and video for me and my family, I hope it turns out as good as they promote it Berkley Grads and a good team trying to get this off the ground,  the park video test was funny tho its showed its way early development.
2015-5-14
Use props
moiseev.sergey
lvl.2

Russia

cmontisano Posted at 2015-5-14 21:52
Seriously, there developers are practically in my back yard as for the gimbal I suggest you do som ...

I like your optimism, so why not. But for now I am still think that personal camera-drone are still in a future and it'll be as long as power sources maintain their current sizes. Because moment when I allow something of mine flying around me uncontrolled it's when size of that object is way smaller than Lily and it's can't seriously injure somebody if hit happen. And that brings us to a story about stability of craft, that also depends on power source in case of smaller size.
Also, I see Solo way too realistic as it offers possible assist software, not absolutely autonomous craft.
2015-5-14
Use props
Propslinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19633 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very interesting but I think I'll wait. The estimated shipping date is Feb 2016, not going to prepay now.
2015-5-14
Use props
sirebral
lvl.1

United States

Seems like it would need some sort of 360 obstacle avoidance, they show it flying through trees, not fully understanding how this is going to work.
2015-5-14
Use props
michaelanthony.
lvl.2

United States

I am truly tempted to preorder one. It just looks like it would be fun to have on family trips. And the price point is pretty groovy. As much as I want to bring my I1 on our family vaca's I just don't see it happening.
2015-5-14
Use props
kindasketch
lvl.2

United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-5-14 19:08

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/v ...

kind of buggy?

The Inspire 1 has been out for over 6+ Months and still has a ton of bugs and costs nearly $4,000... At least with this company if you preorder you get it for $495 and when that is over the retail price will be $995. So basically you're a Beta Tester I mean isn't that what the Inspire 1 owners are? Beta testers...
2015-5-14
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

kindasketch Posted at 2015-5-15 03:03
kind of buggy?

The Inspire 1 has been out for over 6+ Months and still has a ton of bugs and costs ...

I'm not saying that everyone's Inspire is perfect. Mine, on the other hand, has zero issues. And if I'm the owner of a drone company, I would make sure I would bring my best prototype for a showing.  This guy failed to op check his stuff prior to the interview.
2015-5-14
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

When companies will stop false advertising?
... maybe when we will stop buying their poorly designed, low quality and expensive crap!
Isn't it obvious that the video in this advertisement was NOT shot with the camera on this copter?
Then why even think about purchasing it when even the manufacturer did NOT use their crap for their video?
2015-5-18
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2015-5-18 18:51
When companies will stop false advertising?
... maybe when we will stop buying their poorly designed ...

LOL I agree 100%  and that was my first thought on it.. No Gimbal ?? No image stabilization of any kind??? What is this a copycat of the Phantom 1.1.1???????? But becareful, it seems the Developers are posting on here, disguised as Inspire Owners...... LOL NO seriosuly.. Who else whould defend this joke of a drone... ?
2015-5-18
Use props
KnightOwl
lvl.3

United States

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-5-18 19:27
LOL I agree 100%  and that was my first thought on it.. No Gimbal ?? No image stabilization of any ...

I won't go into the conspiracy theory but will say that I was curious / slightly tempted on the pre-order UNTIL I SAW the video!!  I agree completely, wouldn't you bring your best drone to the cideo shot, but wait maybe that was their best drone.  Either way the video shows they aren't ready for prime-time and with 2016 right around the corner may not be ready by then.  I wonder if you kickstart / crowd fund any of these emerging drone companies and they fail, do you get your money back???
2015-5-18
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

KnightOwl Posted at 2015-5-19 01:08
I won't go into the conspiracy theory but will say that I was curious / slightly tempted on the pr ...

Me too after seeing the Video I contact them for a refund and actually talked the them and explain when they get the collision avoidance system if ever I will rethink my purchase
2015-5-18
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

KnightOwl Posted at 2015-5-19 01:08
I won't go into the conspiracy theory but will say that I was curious / slightly tempted on the pr ...

I concur. Just look at the 3DR Solo and their cable cams and orbits. Until I see these features demonstrated by an actual consumer, I will maybe consider purchasing it. I think the reason for their delay is due to none of these features not working as planned.
2015-5-18
Use props
dale.kaechler
lvl.2

Canada

They aren't very prompt in answering messages. I have submitted a couple which they haven't responded too. Was going to preorder but not now.
2015-5-18
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

To me, it looks like a recipe for disaster, if it ever gets off the ground (pun intended).

• No controller - no way to control it's movement...wait, what?
  • Always hand catch - spinning props + flesh is not good.
  • No obstacle avoidance and no control system - how can that be managed safely?  Seriously, how?
  • Max range of 100 feet - what happens if you outrun it, or it loses signal?
  • 25 MPH speed - definitely fast enough to do some serious damage.

Sorry, I don't see much of a valid use.  It's like a 100' motorized selfie stick.
Can you image the idiots of the world getting these, throwing them up in the air, and saying, "Hold my beer and watch this!"?
If anything will get 'drones' outlawed, it will be something like this.

2015-5-18
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

MJDMike Posted at 2015-5-19 05:25
To me, it looks like a recipe for disaster, if it ever gets off the ground (pun intended).

Whomever reads your post and still buys one is a moron that deserves what is going to happen.
When you build your house on a small island with no vegetation and right next to an active volcano known to erupt every few years, the only question is what will kill you:
- earthquake
- tsunami
- lack of food / fresh water
- disease
- wife that hates you for taking her there
... feel free to use your imagination for extra options!
2015-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules