Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Casull
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1005636 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Hi folks,

one TB 50 of a pair with about 65 cycles is not transmitting it's discharge level, it's stays by 100%. The app shows battery error, on the other hand the battery is discharging normally.
Information sourced by Details of Battery in app shows that the single cell among eachothers and also in relation to the other battery are working normally. Flight time is the same like normal, charging time for both batteries is equal.
The LED indicater on the battery itself is providing the same falsh information, even when the battery is empty 4 lights are on.

Maybe somebody has an idea how to fix this.

Thanks and Best Regards
Ralph

2018-6-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I saw something similar to this with a battery with 91 charge cycles. I discharged the battery all the way down to about 5% and recharged it. this reset the DJI intelligent circuit and it is working correctly  again

Rich
2018-6-2
Use props
Casull
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1005636 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Hi Rich,

i have followed your procedure, charged the battery in full, put it to the drone and discharged it 7%. at first the situation improved but still a difference in percentage about 20 remained.(battery details all cellls good) Afterwards the procedure had been repeated the problem disappeared.
Thanks for your advises and best Regards
Ralph
2018-6-3
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Casull Posted at 2018-6-3 04:44
Hi Rich,

i have followed your procedure, charged the battery in full, put it to the drone and discharged it 7%. at first the situation improved but still a difference in percentage about 20 remained.(battery details all cellls good) Afterwards the procedure had been repeated the problem disappeared.

Hi Ralph

Great news and I am happy your problem has been corrected. Make sure you keep track of this battery and as a good practice, discharge below 10% every 20 cycles.  

Regarding the new FW update,  I have heard that some of the cell errors (out of balance) issues were corrected after 2 - 3 charge cycles following the update.

All the best
Rich  
2018-6-3
Use props
rainofashes
lvl.1
United States

I just started the petition "Frank Wang: Hold DJI responsible for selling faulty batteries!" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.  My goal is to reach 100 signatures and I need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:  https://chn.ge/2Lgtm9O
2018-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules