Drone Business Help
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anakin_sam
New

Netherlands

Dear DJI Forum,

I am currently 16 and would like to make a business with my drone. The business would consist of roof inspection, real-estate aerial photography and advertisement, event-movie filmer along with tourism postcards for touristic areas. Problem is; for commercial use in the Netherlands, you need three different types of permits which I can only obtain if I am 18 years of age. I was wondering if anyone knew a way around this issue, like a loophole? I am really enthusiastic about this project and I don't want to wait two years.

From,

Samuel
2018-6-2
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately if you can only get the permits when you are 18 then you have to wait. Its great you already have a solid career in mind at such a young age and don't let the fact that you can't get the permits for another 2 years discourage you. 2 years will fly by before you know it. Here would be my suggestion.

1. Take some classes on video editing and photography to hone your skills.
2. You could promote your business and offer your services for free but say you take donations for your time if they want. This way you are technically working for free but if they want to give you something for your time its on the customer.
3. If you need to make money to cover your expenses I would try and get a job in one of the areas you want to cover as a drone pilot. Like work as a photography assistant or see if you can work for the tourism board or something along those lines.

The last bit of advise would be don't give up on your dream just because it isn't happening right now. I have a lot of friends who's dream career or job didn't happen until they were in their 30's so please don't let your age discourage you. You don't realize it but you are in a much better position to be very successful because of your age and starting out so young. If you stay active on this board I look forward to watching your work and keep us posted with your progress.
2018-6-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

In addition to #2 post, you may click on this link for more information:

https://store.dji.com/guides/drone-laws/
2018-6-4
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Photography classes, and keep flying, and both will put you ahead of others by the time you get certified!
2018-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules