Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Goggles (pros and cons)
2218 8 2018-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GOSpark
lvl.3
United States

im having problem with glare when flying in the middle of the day. thinking about getting the goggles and flying with spark. would love to hear pros and cons from anyone who have used this combo.

Or any suggestions to avoid the glare on ipad or iphone?

2018-6-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Good day! We apologize you're having issues with your drone. I just want to confirm, what do you mean by glare? Do you have sample photos or videos that we can check? Have you tried to reset the camera settings? Is the firmware updated?
2018-6-4
Use props
m1n1s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

PROS : goggles are cool and one of the best things you can do with your trousers on

but you really need to fly with a spotter unless you want to risk crashing or loosing the spark.

CONS : goggles are big and silly looking , temperamental to get working with the spark sometimes, the image can wash out if you turn the spark direct in to the sun, you can get sweaty around the face if used in strong or hot sunshine, easy to fall over or walk into something when using head tracking

the PROS really out weight the CONS
2018-6-4
Use props
GOSpark
lvl.3

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-4 11:08
Good day! We apologize you're having issues with your drone. I just want to confirm, what do you mean by glare? Do you have sample photos or videos that we can check? Have you tried to reset the camera settings? Is the firmware updated?

Just having a hard time looking at my iPad and iPhone when flying during the middle of the day.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

GOSpark Posted at 2018-6-4 19:00
Just having a hard time looking at my iPad and iPhone when flying during the middle of the day.

Good day! We apologize if you're having a hard time using your iPad with your Spark. Can you try to reinstall the app in your iPad and check if it will occur again? In regards with the goggles, there's no pretty much disadvantage in terms of quality and purpose of usage in every drone its compatible with. You can check this video to know more about DJI goggles:
2018-6-5
Use props
GOSpark
lvl.3

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-5 05:22
Good day! We apologize if you're having a hard time using your iPad with your Spark. Can you try to reinstall the app in your iPad and check if it will occur again? In regards with the goggles, there's no pretty much disadvantage in terms of quality and purpose of usage in every drone its compatible with. You can check this video to know more about DJI goggles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRco1y9w9Hw

i dont think its the app. its just the sun and how to get rid of the glare? sunshade, maybe crystal sky?
2018-6-5
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

I've tried the virtual goggles with my phone attached and this option works well. I haven't tried the DJI Goggles but believe the Pros are 1080p display and Cons are the size and awkward fit?  
2018-6-6
Use props
GOSpark
lvl.3

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-6 07:56
I've tried the virtual goggles with my phone attached and this option works well. I haven't tried the DJI Goggles but believe the Pros are 1080p display and Cons are the size and awkward fit?

which virtual goggle did you try?
2018-6-6
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

GOSpark Posted at 2018-6-6 17:59
which virtual goggle did you try?

https://shop.spinmaster.com/dr1-fpv-race-drone/product/p21256
2018-6-6