Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Length
764 8 2018-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Layne Seely
New

Canada

hey Folks - yesterday I was out flying our Phantom taking videos.  It took me a long time to notice this but the unit would stop recording during a pass.  I think I now have many little pieces of half flights.  I don't think i kept tapping the record button by accident but I do remember seeing something about the video cache was 400 MB.

I'm not sure what the settings "should" be either.  Any thoughts?

Layne
2018-6-2
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

What size card are you using?   It should tell you when it's full.
2018-6-2
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft

Depends what you were recording on. If the videos are stopping on the SD card, then the issue is the SD card, either format or replace it. If you are looking at the videos on your device to fly your phantom, then the video cache could be full. You can either delete or expand the cache on the DJIGo app.
2018-6-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Would you mind sending us a sample video for further review? Thank you.
2018-6-4
Use props
LayneSeely
New

Canada

Good Morning Folks:
Sorry for my late reply, I have not been in the office and this forum doesn't work on my phone.  I will try to upload a pic of the card that was in the Phantom.

I was indeed watching on the screen as I flying and I remember seeing something about the video cache was saying something about 400 but I could not find the setting for the video cache either.  I think I was also capturing in 4K so I might down grade this to 1080P for the next flights.

I will try to upload the smallest video when it finishes copying to my server.

Layne
2018-6-5
Use props
LayneSeely
New

Canada

LayneSeely Posted at 2018-6-5 07:22
Good Morning Folks:
Sorry for my late reply, I have not been in the office and this forum doesn't work on my phone.  I will try to upload a pic of the card that was in the Phantom.

In retrospect, I think it was my fat fingers that kept bumping the button on the side of the controller as there is still 49 GB of room on this card.
2018-6-5
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>

I think the cache function has nothing to do with the recording to SD card.
You can turn caching off and still record to SD. When the cache is full and you haven't activated 'Auto Video Cach Cleanup' - then only caching should stop.
2018-6-5
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>

LayneSeely Posted at 2018-6-5 09:10
In retrospect, I think it was my fat fingers that kept bumping the button on the side of the controller as there is still 49 GB of room on this card.

That's funny!
See below a screenshot for the cache settings. Further down is the "Auto Video Cache Cleanup" function.

2018-6-5
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had a similar problem recently. I kept hearing the annunciation you hear when you start/stop video. I'd look down and it wasn't recording. Start it again and hear the sound a few minutes later. Bad SD card, as soon as I replaced it the problem stopped.

Jeff
2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules