NEW Battery Dead :/ help!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Der-Bommel
lvl.1
Germany

Hi there, i hopw you can help me,

i have the same problem as this Guy here

Is there a solution for thsi or do i have to send it back ?

thanks

Thomas

2018-6-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I am not sure.  I don't like the way you turn the battery on.  The second press is held in too long IMO
2018-6-3
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Simply, retune it to the place you purchased the battery. When the battery is new, it must still be covered by warranty.

Fly safely, Leif.
2018-6-3
Use props
Der-Bommel
lvl.1
Germany

@Landbo Oh okay ...  then i think i'm sending it back ... i hoped there is a way to fix this
@mark the droner: This isn't me this is just a radom guy in youtbe that has the same battery issue ...

MY Battery also turns off and back on, then the first light flashes a few times and then it turns off again...
2018-6-3
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

It's definitely defective.  Send it back.
2018-6-3
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received my first DJI P4PV2.0 on Friday and mine was bad out of the box. I emailed support and they responded pretty quick. I had to send them a video of the problem, photos and proof of purchase. They are sending me a shipping label and exchanging. Only problem was this was my only battery and I will have to wait until replacement gets here, however I went ahead and ordered two spare batteries that will be here on Monday. Would need them anyway but not a good start to what I had hoped would have been a weekend full of flying the drone.
2018-6-3
Use props
Der-Bommel
lvl.1
Germany

@TheLazyC then we have the same Story I recieved mine yesterday but the support isn't online right now ... i contacted the seller but yeah i'll get my answers tomorrow
2018-6-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I ditched my p4p and the battery that went in the drink does this too,
2018-6-3
Use props
Der-Bommel
lvl.1
Germany

I just called the support and the Battery is completely empty due to too long storage. so i have to give it back. :/
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I am sorry to hear about what happened to the battery of your aircraft. Please contact our support (
+49 (0) 9771-177 3000) or send them an email to support.nl@dji.com to request for the battery repair/replacement. I apologized again for this inconvenience.
2018-6-4
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

There are more and more posts (not only here) about batteries being DOA.
It looks like DJI doesn't follow its own recommendations - a battery should be attended and charged at least every 3 months.
Looks like they are throwing old batteries on new drones.
2018-6-4
Use props
Der-Bommel
lvl.1
Germany

Well mine was already in the storage of the retailer, so it was their fault ... but they handled everything very fast ...
they even shipped the new battery before they got mine back so i'm pretty happy that everything goes so fast ...

I talked to some users that do not fly regularly and we came up with the idea with a battery storage charger ...
do you know what i mean some thign just like a regular charger but it doesn't charge completely but simply keeps them alive
the batteries are expensive so i would buy it ...
2018-6-4
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

Der-Bommel Posted at 2018-6-4 12:01
Well mine was already in the storage of the retailer, so it was their fault ... but they handled everything very fast ...
they even shipped the new battery before they got mine back so i'm pretty happy that everything goes so fast ...

That's what this thing does. It has a storage setting:
https://store.dji.com/de/product/phantom-4-battery-charging-hub
2018-6-4
Use props
Der-Bommel
lvl.1
Germany

Nice!! i totally missed the point that this has a storage function! Thanks Eric13 i think i'll oder one as soon as possible I have seen it before but i thought is is just a regular charger
2018-6-5
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

Der-Bommel Posted at 2018-6-5 00:17
Nice!! i totally missed the point that this has a storage function! Thanks Eric13 i think i'll oder one as soon as possible  I have seen it before but i thought is is just a regular charger

Gern geschehen, Bommel!

You might wanna read the following thread though.
The OP was apparently on older battery firmware and the storage function of the hub didn't work for him:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=149685

2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules