Strange Gimbal Behaviour
1476 3 2018-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SGT C Moore
New
United Kingdom

The Osmo Mobile 2 is a fantastic gimbal when it works correctly. I had the Osmo Mobile 1, but I switched to 2nd gen as I was hoovering up the battery life and mounting the 1st gen Osmo wasn't easy without an array of wierd and wonderful adaptors! I am now starting to reget the move over to the Osmo Mobile 2 though, as it has proven to be considerably unreliabile compared to the 1st gen.
My Osmo Mobile 2 is experincing wierd behaviour. I have the iPhone 8 Plus and get it balanced perfectly in the landscape position. When I turn on the Osmo Mobile 2, it swings full lock to the left, then right (vertical axis) and throws the iphone around in random positions before centering itself (now normally, it quickly centres itself when it is turned on and it worksed fine for the fisrt few times I used it) After a few minutes of use, the horizon then starts to tilt to the left to about 30 degrees...I am also unable to use my hand to gently re-position it, it resists my 'manual' movement and swings back to the 'random' position. When I double press the 'M' button to re-centre the gimbal, it points the iPhone in a random direction, the only way to reset the position is to turn off the gimbal, wait 30 seconds or so and turn it back on. Then the same problems occur again after a few minutes.

I have also re-calibrated the Osmo Mobile 2 everyime I hadve this problem, and it still persists. All I can think is that I have a faulty Osmo Mobile 2 because I am running the latest DJI GO iOS application and the latest firmware. I have also tried to fix this by uninstalling the DJI GO iOS App and using the Osmo Mobile 2, but again, it starts playing up after a few minutes.

Doen's anyone have any further suggestions before I return it as a faulty unit / not fit for purpose?
2018-6-3
Use props
userf1d95a1ea1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 448110 ft
United States

You should return and exchange. Seems like you tried everything.
2018-6-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience that you are having on your Osmo mobile 2. I sent you a personal message to protect your credentials.
2018-6-4
Use props
kraanthi
New

India

Hi,
Even my device Mobile 2 is behaving weird like when I switch on it auto rotates speedly, pls help with a solution to fix it.
2020-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules