[FATURE REQUEST] DJI Goggles RE OSD Improvements
1616 3 2018-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseb52401b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 708658 ft
Bulgaria

I think Ocusync is great and the range is awesome, but I believe a few improvements must be made safety and usability reasons.
  • OSD Distance to home.
  • OSD Home direction arrow.
These two, I believe are not only "nice to have", but are also a serious safety requirements. Having a system that is capable of going 7 km out and not providing any means of orienting towards home is simply dangerous. I always try to pick markers for orientation, but flying that far away poses risks as we all know. Cameras fail, Flight Controllers sometimes fail in assisted modes (Stabilize, Return to Home and so on) which requires to take manual control. Imagine being 7 km out on manual control and you need to go back... Also, even though it is not always the case, it is good to know your distance from home so that you know how hard are you pushing your ocusync in terms of distance and it is not a good idea to continue further. For example, you fly and your video is still perfect, but in reallity you are 6km out. It might be a good idea to go back instead of keep pushing forward, but without distance to home display it is easy to loose track of your actual distance.

• KM/h or MPh. I understand this product was initially designed for racing drones/planes, but the 7km capabilities certainly mean it will be used for mid-range FPV. Personally for me meters per second is not a unit that is easy for me to use. An option to choose kilometers and miles per hour would be ideal and it would be super easy for the dev team to implement, just multiply by 3.6 and you get km/h, then adding another option in the menu to toggle this function wouldn't be too hard either, I believe.

Please consider these functionalities for a future update.

Thanks!
2018-6-3
Use props
DontCrashMe76
lvl.1

Czechia

I can't agree more on this. I was very happy with the latest OSD improvements like GPS coordinates, height and speed - but sadly this is not enough -  it is really useless for long distance flights. I'm not able to find myself in the fields after I came back from serious distance. So I simply don't fly far - and that is big disappointment for me, because distance was #1 reason for buying for me, HD video was #2.

OSD Distance and arrow to home in next firmware release - that is what we need!
2018-9-8
Use props
Artis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 708658 ft
Bulgaria

Sadly, it looks like DJI were seeing this product as the new MUST HAVE transmission system for racing drones (and nothing else). As it soon turned out, the drone racing community did not accept it for its relatively high (for racing) latency. After this began the common opinion on the internet, it looks like DJI completely forgot they even had this product in their portfolio. It is really a shame because with a few tweaks it could pretty easily become the only system you need for FPV drones/planes.

I am an owner of 2 Air Systems now and I am really hoping to keep seeing new updates as it really needs it. I would add to the above list:
  • Auto Frequency. This feature needs and EMERGENCY fix. It is simply dangerous to fly with it. It crashed my last Mini Talon because of transmission failure just 350 meters away.

2018-9-10
Use props
WM STEPHEN JONES
New

I purchase Mavic air fly more combo with goggles. I find the interpupil adjustment helpful but NEED A WAY TO FOCUS THE OSD IN THE GOGGLES.  My eyes and my glasses are out of focus.
Support focus was available in the mavic pro but not for mavic air...     Please review and resond.
2018-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules