What Version of the DJI Go4 App should I use for my Spark
3540 11 2018-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kamillean
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28123 ft
United States

When I open the Go4 app on my (Galaxy S7) phone (which takes a LONG time to load), the version I have is v4.1.22.  The app does NOT prompt me for any updates and seems to work fine with my Spark. My question is, is this the version I should be using, or do I need to un-install it to get a more current version ? I remember having issues installing the app to begin with because of a non-apparent permissions setting, and I'm really just hoping if there is something I need to update, the app should automatically prompt me to do so.   Does anyone know what version I SHOULD stick with for an upcoming trip ?
2018-6-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

4.1.22 is not the best choice!

Either get a 4.1.15 or the actual last three, 4.2.16, .14, .12

That one, that works most stable on your phone

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/
2018-6-3
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

I am using the latest version and it works just fine!
2018-6-3
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Stay on 4.2.12. and switch off Google auto update. It is the most stable version, my experience tells me. Use Fake GPS to force FCC mode (if you live outside US). I launched my bird nearly everyday when I was in Canada the whole last month, not a single problem spotted.
I am using Huawei P9 Plus (and Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4 2018) with/without OTG. I always do a reboot and phone/tablet cleanup before launch. Use Aeroplane Mode, switch off Bluetooh and Wifi and turn on GPS.

2018-6-3
Use props
Kamillean
lvl.2
United States

Ricky Aerial Photography Posted at 2018-6-3 17:07
Stay on 4.2.12. and switch off Google auto update. It is the most stable version, my experience tells me. Use Fake GPS to force FCC mode (if you live outside US). I launched my bird nearly everyday when I was in Canada the whole last month, not a single problem spotted.
I am using Huawei P9 Plus (and Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4 2018) with/without OTG. I always do a reboot and phone/tablet cleanup before launch. Use Aeroplane Mode, switch off Bluetooh and Wifi and turn on GPS.

Can't stay on 4.2.12, when I'm on 4.1.22......the numbers don't match.....so, I think you are recommending to GO to 4.2.12.....which then, my question would be, do I need to uninstall what I have, and find the version you are talking about ?  If so, why do the Spark release notes NOT say to do that ?  The release notes say 4.1.22 is the latest version for Spark flying.    Thanks for commenting though
2018-6-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Kamillean Posted at 2018-6-4 00:37
Can't stay on 4.2.12, when I'm on 4.1.22......the numbers don't match.....so, I think you are recommending to GO to 4.2.12.....which then, my question would be, do I need to uninstall what I have, and find the version you are talking about ?  If so, why do the Spark release notes NOT say to do that ?  The release notes say 4.1.22 is the latest version for Spark flying.    Thanks for commenting though

He recommend you GET 4.2.12 and DON'T ever update automaticly, after that.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. Thank you for that information. I recommend for you to download the most recent DJI Go 4 for your Spark. I will be sending you a link to check the most recent DJI Go 4. Thank you.
2018-6-4
Use props
Kamillean
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-4 10:22
Good day. Thank you for that information. I recommend for you to download the most recent DJI Go 4 for your Spark. I will be sending you a link to check the most recent DJI Go 4. Thank you.

That would be great Stephen...……..I want to ensure I have the latest version necessary for my Spark. If the 4.1.22 version is NOT the best for a Spark, then please also, have the release notes updated to reflect what the correct version SHOULD be
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Kamillean Posted at 2018-6-4 13:31
That would be great Stephen...……..I want to ensure I have the latest version necessary for my Spark. If the 4.1.22 version is NOT the best for a Spark, then please also, have the release notes updated to reflect what the correct version SHOULD be

Here is the link for you to download the most recent DJI Assistant 2 for your Spark.

https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

Thank you.
2018-6-4
Use props
Kamillean
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-4 13:46
Here is the link for you to download the most recent DJI Assistant 2 for your Spark.

https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

DJI Stephen......you message informs me for the link to DJI Assistant 2...……...I use the Android app on my phone, DJI GO4...……..what version of THAT am I seeking ? The only one on Google Play store is the ONE I already have...…….  4.1.22
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Kamillean Posted at 2018-6-4 16:36
DJI Stephen......you message informs me for the link to DJI Assistant 2...……...I use the Android app on my phone, DJI GO4...……..what version of THAT am I seeking ? The only one on Google Play store is the ONE I already have...…….  4.1.22

I will be sending you another link. This link is for the DJI Go 4 Application.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf

Thank you.
2018-6-4
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

4.2.12 does not crash on my LG G5 and works well with OTG. Later versions broke OTG again. 4.2.12 is perfect so far.
2018-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules