Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 Not Responding After Switching to Still Photo Mode
999 11 2018-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

I've had this happen several times since getting the Crystal Sky Ultra display for our Phantom 4 Pro v2.0. When touching the icon to switch camera mode from video to stills, DJI Go 4 stops responding and I get a message to kill the app. I have to restart it and wait for the communication to be reestablished. Kinda scary when the drone is above water.

This is the only operation where I've experienced a frozen application message. Other functions seem fine, but switching from video to stills (so I can shoot some RAW images) results in a 'not responding' message about 50% of the time.
2018-6-3
Use props
paul2660
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

Similar issue, with CS High Bright, when switching from Video to Stills, camera froze,  App still responded, but was locked up on camera.  Could not go back to Video Capture from Stills, but I still had live view feed.  Was only about 100 to 200 feet out and 200 up.  

CS and P4 just has too many issues IMO.  I have had your issue also and it's not a pleasant experience as you said.  1st time a reboot of the CS worked, but on a later flight I had to power it off and back on.  

Controller always had RC connection however and I was able to visually fly it back, once I reoriented to the direction of the Drone.

Paul C
2018-6-3
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

paul2660 Posted at 2018-6-3 15:03
Similar issue, with CS High Bright, when switching from Video to Stills, camera froze,  App still responded, but was locked up on camera.  Could not go back to Video Capture from Stills, but I still had live view feed.  Was only about 100 to 200 feet out and 200 up.  

CS and P4 just has too many issues IMO.  I have had your issue also and it's not a pleasant experience as you said.  1st time a reboot of the CS worked, but on a later flight I had to power it off and back on.  

For me, the three times it happened on two short flights, I simply okayed restarting the application and didn't need to power cycle the CS. I hope this is only a software bug and not a problem with the CS hardware. Other than that, I really love the Ultrabright. Solid construction and ingenious quick release system makes it easy to set up in a hurry.
2018-6-3
Use props
paul2660
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

I agree on great hardware and mounting, but the software issues are pretty harsh.

Not sure if it's due to a Lightbridge issue or what not as on the Mavic PP, I never get the App disconnections or Video locks that I was getting on the P4Pro.   

Went back to the iPad on the Phantom for now.

Paul Caldwell
2018-6-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Mark, may I know what's the current version of CrystalSky and APP version? Could you export the crash file for analysis? Thanks so much!

You can find the crash log from here: DJI:\DJI\dji.go.v4\CRASH
2018-6-4
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-4 02:41
Hi Mark, may I know what's the current version of CrystalSky and APP version? Could you export the crash file for analysis? Thanks so much!

System version is 02.06.06.00 android 5.1.1

DJI Go 4 is v4.2.16(587-dpadcs)

I cannot find the \CRASH folder under that folder. There is CACHE, ERROR_POP_LOG, MAP and NATIVE_CRASH folders there. Is it one of those?
2018-6-4
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-4 02:41

I flew the drone this evening and upon landing it, manually, I looked down at my CS Ultra and saw a big white dialog box informing me that DJI Go 4 had stopped.

The hardware seems unreliable. This is the 5th or 6th lock up of DJI Go 4 on this monitor that I've had. It stops responding at least once on every flight. Do I have a defective CPU in my Crystal Sky?
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-6-4 11:48
System version is 02.06.06.00 android 5.1.1

DJI Go 4 is v4.2.16(587-dpadcs)

Please kindly upload the whole folder of NATIVE_CRASH to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share us the link here.
It's hard to tell the exact status according to your description, we'd like to offer you a proper solution after reviewing the crash log.
2018-6-11
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-11 03:31
Please kindly upload the whole folder of NATIVE_CRASH to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share us the link here.
It's hard to tell the exact status according to your description, we'd like to offer you a proper solution after reviewing the crash log.

Took me a half an hour to figure out where this folder is and how to upload it to Dropbox. Apparently, Dropbox doesn't work on this device, as there is no sidebar with the Upload menu. It was necessary to find a micro SD card, figure out how to copy the files to the SD card, then transfer them to a Windows computer and then upload it on a desktop browser. Here they are:

NATIVE_CRASH folder
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-6-11 06:39
Took me a half an hour to figure out where this folder is and how to upload it to Dropbox. Apparently, Dropbox doesn't work on this device, as there is no sidebar with the Upload menu. It was necessary to find a micro SD card, figure out how to copy the files to the SD card, then transfer them to a Windows computer and then upload it on a desktop browser. Here they are:

NATIVE_CRASH folder

Thanks so much! I'll forward to our engineers for analysis and keep you posted.
2018-6-12
Use props
MichaelB57
lvl.1

United States

I've had a similar issue with my Mavic and CS 5.5. A dialogue box announces the app has stopped responding and gives "Wait" or "restart" as options. The Mavic controller remains connected and I'm able to land without an issue. I've uploaded logs to the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/384am ... c1RY0oYo_IinDa?dl=0
2018-6-13
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

Mine seems to be sensitive to temperature. Above 70F, I experience random errors, program terminations, black screens, etc. Below 70F, I can fly just fine and no software errors.
But I've stopped switching camera modes while in the air.
2018-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules