Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 - Pix4d - Drone Deploy
5042 35 2018-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_75PGTRvuIknG
lvl.1

Hi.
Just got a Phantom 4 Pro 2.0, and tried to use it for mapping.
I tried using Pix4d and Drone Deploy for autonomous flight, but wasn't able to connect to the drone with either of the apps.
Has anyone been able to use those apps, or are they not supported yet ?
Thanks

2018-6-3
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most apps will not work until DJI releases the SDK for P4P2. As an avid Litchi user I'm in the same boat.  I gather with all of their own products not being compatible with the drone the SDK is gonna be awhile.
2018-6-3
Use props
djiuser_75PGTRvuIknG
lvl.1

Hi Brian. Thanks for your reply.
So you mean it will take a long time for the SDK to be released ?
Considering the P4P and P4P2 are so similar, I didn't expect this to be an issue.
Or at least that compatibility issues should be resolved quiclky...
2018-6-3
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_75PGTRvuIknG Posted at 2018-6-3 18:28
Hi Brian. Thanks for your reply.
So you mean it will take a long time for the SDK to be released ?
Considering the P4P and P4P2 are so similar, I didn't expect this to be an issue.

But you never know what they have done under the hood so to speak.

Patiently waiting before I order one.   Of course if they offer a father day special I may have to go ahead.
2018-6-3
Use props
DroneMapper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6880 ft
United States

You might give DJI GS Pro a try if you haven't already
https://dronemapper.com
2018-6-4
Use props
fansfaa8f54e
New
United States

I had the same problem so in a panic I borrowed a friends P4P.  It has worked well with DD until today.  Now it seems I'm in a no-fly zone no matter where I am.  Any suggestions?
2018-6-4
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

From experience, with Drone Deploy you need to start up in your GO 4 App and put it in the air for a minute or two and then land and close the GO 4 App and then re-boot using Drone Deploy. Be sure that your GO App is not running in the background.
2018-6-4
Use props
djiuser_75PGTRvuIknG
lvl.1

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-6-4 17:11
From experience, with Drone Deploy you need to start up in your GO 4 App and put it in the air for a minute or two and then land and close the GO 4 App and then re-boot using Drone Deploy. Be sure that your GO App is not running in the background.

Thanks Rodger. I will try that.
But with everything I've been reading about the SDK I doubt it will work.
Let you know later.
2018-6-4
Use props
JSilvey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26677 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm in the same boat. I was going to do some testing with the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 the other day and I couldn't do anything with Drone Deploy. Does anyone have experience how long it takes DJI to have the SDK Ready for Developers and how long after that before Drone Deploy gets their software compatible with new air craft?
2018-6-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

fansfaa8f54e Posted at 2018-6-4 16:30
I had the same problem so in a panic I borrowed a friends P4P.  It has worked well with DD until today.  Now it seems I'm in a no-fly zone no matter where I am.  Any suggestions?

There was a temporary disturbance connecting to a DD server just a day or two ago. They released an app update, do that and it should be OK. With P4P, I mean.
2018-6-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

djiuser_75PGTRvuIknG Posted at 2018-6-4 20:29
Thanks Rodger. I will try that.
But with everything I've been reading about the SDK I doubt it will work.
Let you know later.

Rodger8 is referring to a P4P, not P4P V2, I believe.

And yes, starting the DD mission with DJI Go4 app first is good idea, making all necessary image settings while already in the air. However, I don't think if landing the drone and killing Go4 app before launching DD mission is required. I had no issues closing Go4 with Home button on my iPad Air 2 and launching the DD flight plan with P4P hovering above. All goes smoothly, after completing the drone is coming back home and lands in exact take-off spot.

2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry, the P4P V2.0 does not support SDK for now, we'll release on our website as soon as it is ready. Thanks for your patience.
2018-6-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JSilvey Posted at 2018-6-7 08:33
I'm in the same boat. I was going to do some testing with the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 the other day and I couldn't do anything with Drone Deploy. Does anyone have experience how long it takes DJI to have the SDK Ready for Developers and how long after that before Drone Deploy gets their software compatible with new air craft?

Here's what the folks from Dronedeploy say about this:
http://forum.dronedeploy.com/t/phantom-4-pro-v2-0/9564/10
2018-6-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-6-4 17:11

From experience, with Drone Deploy you need to start up in your GO 4 App and put it in the air for a minute or two and then land and close the GO 4 App and then re-boot using Drone Deploy.

That's not necessary at all.
DroneDeploy works fine on its own with no need to run DJI Go first.
2018-6-11
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-11 02:48
From experience, with Drone Deploy you need to start up in your GO 4 App and put it in the air for a minute or two and then land and close the GO 4 App and then re-boot using Drone Deploy.

Not for me, in fact I had issues and their support told me to do that.
2018-6-11
Use props
Zostera
New
Sweden

DroneMapper Posted at 2018-6-4 08:03

Does it work? My P4 Pro 2.0 doesn't connect to DJI GS Pro.
2018-6-11
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-11 02:48

And you know this how?
2018-6-11
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-6-11 09:34
And you know this how?

Ha, ha - another Rodger/Labroides battle is coming up. I can tell  
2018-6-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-6-11 09:34
And you know this how?

Here's a little secret just between us girls .... I only post what I know to be true from actual experience.

I happen to use DroneDeploy almost every week and when I do, I launch with DD straight from the ground without having to start DJI Go first.
2018-6-11
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-11 14:30
Here's a little secret just between us girls .... I only post what I know to be true from actual experience.

I happen to use DroneDeploy almost every week and when I do, I launch with DD straight from the ground without having to start DJI Go first.

Anyway, one issue remains a mystery to me in this scenario, Brother Lab ... How do you determine camera shooting parameters from within DD environment? I'm just scratching the surface of this app and didn't find access to such by far. Perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough ...
2018-6-11
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-11 12:11
Ha, ha - another Rodger/Labroides battle is coming up. I can tell

Yes, he is an arrogant SOB always looking to put his uninformed one liners out there for his 2 points. He picked this, not me, the OP asked a question and I only gave my experience and the idiot had to jump in with his unsolicited comment as usual. Can't argue with a Fool!
2018-6-11
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-11 14:30

You may be the Girl as you state. So the question is what operating system are you using? If you are at all? And as stated by DJI, it is not supported at all at this time and you had to make your idiotic comment.
2018-6-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-6-11 16:03
Yes, he is an arrogant SOB always looking to put his uninformed one liners out there for his 2 points. He picked this, not me, the OP asked a question and I only gave my experience and the idiot had to jump in with his unsolicited comment as usual. Can't argue with a Fool!

'Can't argue with a Fool!'

Then pull your head in, he has way more experience than you do, and does not put up answers to questions that he does not have experience with. Owning half the range of DJI products does not grant you enlightenment.
2018-6-11
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-6-11 16:09
'Can't argue with a Fool!'

Then pull your head in, he has way more experience than you do, and does not put up answers to questions that he does not have experience with. Owning half the range of DJI products does not grant you enlightenment.

Yeah! just like your flight records! And, telling a user to turn his camera around to eliminate the obstacle avoidance. Not a clue! You comment on something that you don't own or have any experience with! Another  One! Deffinetly Jello Effect! You don't know what Jello Effect is by your comment! Got your 2 points though!
2018-6-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-6-11 16:27
Yeah! just like your flight records! And, telling a user to turn his camera around to eliminate the obstacle avoidance. Not a clue! You comment on something that you don't own or have any experience with! Another  One! Deffinetly Jello Effect! You don't know what Jello Effect is by your comment! Got your 2 points though!

I have no idea what issue you are even talking about (nor do I care). I stand by any advice I give, as I am technically qulaified to know what I am talking about. Unlike you, a total technical ignoramous, who fishes around giving advice that has no factual basis at all. You are a gold-plated d*ckhead Roger, do us all a favour and get off the forum.
2018-6-11
Use props
Stephane Goldstein
New

DroneMapper Posted at 2018-6-4 08:03

I tried the DJI GS Pro, but no luck. It does not connect to the P4P2.
Hopefully SDK support will happen relatively fast: Found this couple days ago:
https://stackoverflow.com/questi ... m-4-pro-v2-with-sdk
2018-6-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-6-11 15:58
Anyway, one issue remains a mystery to me in this scenario, Brother Lab ... How do you determine camera shooting parameters from within DD environment? I'm just scratching the surface of this app and didn't find access to such by far. Perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough ...

Hi MD .. stop looking.
DD is quite sophisticated and does all the hard work for you.
2018-6-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-6-11 16:03

Thanks for the compliments Roger.  They are much appreciated.

As I hinted in my post above, there's nothing uninformed in any of my forum posts.

I simply put my bit in to save others from being mislead or confused by your post which provided inaccurate information.
Then you ask how I know about DD and explode when I gave you a straight answer??
How do you think I'd know about DD?

So the question is what operating system are you using? If you are at all? And as stated by DJI, it is not supported at all at this time and you had to make your idiotic comment.
Are you posting drunk again Roger?
It's difficult to work out what you are saying or asking here but, my computers are running Windows and my flying tablet is Android.

Why is it so difficult for you to get along with the other children in the payground?
Why are you always looking for a fight?
It's so unnecessary but if you are going to throw tantrums expect to be put down like the total w&anker you've proved to be on so many occasions.

2018-6-12
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-11 23:36
Hi MD .. stop looking.
DD is quite sophisticated and does all the hard work for you.

Oh, you can't stop me looking for answers, it's an incurable mental challenge of mine . Anyway, I'm far from questioning DD sophistication level, it does the job charmingly. So, when I undo the toggle for using DJI Go app first to perform camera adjustments, DD does it instead automatically? How, if you don't mind to elaborate? Shooting in Auto mode? Is it adjusting focus in CAF mode?  Just curious ...
2018-6-12
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-10 22:06
Sorry, the P4P V2.0 does not support SDK for now, we'll release on our website as soon as it is ready. Thanks for your patience.

So back to the topic of the OP, when will the SDK be released?
2018-6-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-6-12 10:14
Oh, you can't stop me looking for answers, it's an incurable mental challenge of mine . Anyway, I'm far from questioning DD sophistication level, it does the job charmingly. So, when I undo the toggle for using DJI Go app first to perform camera adjustments, DD does it instead automatically? How, if you don't mind to elaborate? Shooting in Auto mode? Is it adjusting focus in CAF mode?  Just curious ...

when I undo the toggle for using DJI Go app first to perform camera adjustments, DD does it instead automatically?
Sorry, I haven't updated to the latest update.
I'm not sure what CAF mode is or what toggle you mean.
I just load the mission, tell it to use auto settings and everything just turns out good.
Just flew a 300 shot ortho today and everything worked well, as it always does.
2018-6-12
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-12 20:19
when I undo the toggle for using DJI Go app first to perform camera adjustments, DD does it instead automatically?
Sorry, I haven't updated to the latest update.
I'm not sure what CAF mode is or what toggle you mean.

Sorry, my mistake: AFC (not CAF) stands for Autofocus Continuous, optional mode for P4P in recent Go 4 app version. No need for tapping, camera is focusing automatically if desired.  The toggles I'm talking about were added to advanced DroneDeploy settings, allowing for manual exposure and focus adjustment in DJI Go 4 app before executing the mission from within DD environment. Apparently there's a reason for this, since auto mode may not be suitable for all photogrammetry projects.  
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

patiam Posted at 2018-6-12 10:25
So back to the topic of the OP, when will the SDK be released?

We have not got the estimated schedule for now, sorry about this.
2018-6-15
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

TommyGa Posted at 2018-6-15 03:43
Well, I got the estimated schedule (attached). It might be another 6 weeks![view_image]

Weak. Why was DJI in such a hurry to ship a product without full support?
(Thanks for sharing the update BTW)
2018-6-19
Use props
RWR5
lvl.1
United States

Pix4D has announced support for the p4pv2.0 as of 8/23/18

https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en- ... ing?page=3#comments
2018-8-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DroneDeploy has supported the P4 pro V2.0 for several weeks.
2018-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules