Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark battery sudden drop from full charge to critically low!
1139 6 2018-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arnabsaha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 630 ft
India

Hi Guys,

I have had the spark since December of 2017. It has been my first drone and fun to learn things on it. A few weeks back I crashed it while flying near my apartment. While, I got the drone fixed itself, had 2 of it's esc's out. And the battery housing on one side doesn't fit well and one the square metal contacts on the bottom of the battery had come off.

After I got it fixed, I flew it once or twice. Which looked fine. But last couple of times, I get the battery charged which it does fine (all 4 green leads are up when it's fully done). After full charge maybe I've gone 10-12 hours later for a flight. And, the battery levels just plummit from full to critically low, and the drone just dropped when hovering that last time around. Thankfully it was at my eye level height.
Here is the logs from one such flight: http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/NVYUKP6GI7RKIEQ644FY/ (also uploaded as an attachment in the thread)

I've ordered another battery to check things out. But, what do you guys think? Am I missing something here, is it repairable or I should just give up on this battery?

I'll also upload the picture of the battery itself tonight.

Thanks,
Arnab

flight-record.zip

24.77 KB, Down times: 1

2018-6-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Arnab, I'm sorry to read the issue. May I know how is the drone now? Where did you purchase the battery? Generally, we do not support to repair at your end which may void the warranty, please kindly note and understand.
2018-6-4
Use props
arnabsaha
lvl.1
India

Hi Susan,

Thanks for the response. The drone is fine I flew it a couple times after the crash. But the battery itself seems to have a problem. Could you point at something wrong from the logs? I see the volts drop directly from 54% to 0% and that is when the drone dropped.

I purchased the drone when I was travelling in the US. The standalone package without the remote, which had one battery. Purchased the remote separately. And now I'm in India. And have ordered another battery from ebay for the time being.

Need to understand what should I do with this existing battery?
2018-6-4
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Sorry to hear about your crash.  If the battery is damaged (externally or Internally), do not use it. It's better to replace the battery and be safe then sorry later; crash or hurt someone.  Let's all be responsible (not sayng you aren't) and only fly with safe and fully functional equipment.
2018-6-4
Use props
arnabsaha
lvl.1
India

Hi Sparky_17,

Thanks for the reply! Well, I got a new battery and it started up fine. Holds charge fine.

But, now the drone says can't take off. Navigation system error, check redudancy state.

I went out to good network areas with no obstructions, inside the apartment, upgraded and downgraded the firmware via DJI Assistant, nothing seems to work!

Any ideas?
2018-6-8
Use props
KurtVD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

Your second crash (when the battery level dropped unexpectedly) might have damaged it, that’s why you get this new errors. Even from this height, it’s a hard crash.
As for your first battery, there’s not much you could have done, if it’s broken, it’s broken It contains 3 cells and lots of electronics, lots of things to break inside...
2018-6-9
Use props
arnabsaha
lvl.1
India

KurtVD Posted at 2018-6-9 00:31
Your second crash (when the battery level dropped unexpectedly) might have damaged it, that’s why you get this new errors. Even from this height, it’s a hard crash.
As for your first battery, there’s not much you could have done, if it’s broken, it’s broken  It contains 3 cells and lots of electronics, lots of things to break inside...

Yep, looks like it!

The gps module needed a replacement! :/
2018-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules