Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with camera commands
523 18 2018-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ACSoft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70778 ft

As you can see on this picture:

IMG_20180604_174032.jpg
All camera commands are in white color and the opened setup menu is half broken, instead of being like on this picture:

IMG_20180604_174254.jpg

(red button, all setup icons visible).

This happen just after the app loading.

This problem has several bad effects. For example, when you activate the video camera with the hardware button, it work, but you don't hear the tone and the button on the screen dont change (remain white). It is also almost impossible to change the setups in the menu.

Fortunately, if you exit the program and reload, maybe after several attempts, the camera commands & setups functions will be OK.

Am I alone with this problem ?

DJI, please correct this problem !

IMG_20180604_174254.jpg
IMG_20180604_174032.jpg
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Go app?  What is the exact drone you are using? May I know as well what mobile device you are using and the firmware version of your aircraft, remote controller and DJI go app?
2018-6-4
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.3

Yes, I have reintalled the DJI GO app (version 4.2.16).
I use a Phantom 4 Pro. My mobile device is a Galaxy Tab A / 32Gb / Android 7.0. All my DJI hardware's are updated to the very last version.

Remark:
With the same whole hardware, I didn't had this problem with previous DJI GO version. Cannot say since which DJI GO / firmware versions the problem appear, because I didn't flew my drone for months (all the winter).

2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ACSoft Posted at 2018-6-4 09:17
I use a Phantom 4 Pro. My mobile device is a Galaxy Tab A / 32Gb / Android 7.0. All my DJI hardware's are updated to the very last version.

Just to confirm is it DJI Go app or DJI go 4 apps that you install on your mobile phone?
2018-6-4
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>

ACSoft Posted at 2018-6-4 09:17

Have you tried "Reset Camera Settings"?
2018-6-4
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Welcome to the club, you're not alone in dealing with that problem. My camera setup sometimes goes also completely bananas.

DJIGO4 V4.2.16 Android.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-149612-1-1.html

Regards Leif.
2018-6-4
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.3

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-4 09:31
Just to confirm is it DJI Go app or DJI go 4 apps that you install on your mobile phone?

Of course, DJI GO 4, version 4.2.16
By the way, Galaxy Tab A is not a phone, it is a tablet.
2018-6-4
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.3

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-4 09:34
Have you tried "Reset Camera Settings"?

No.

Will try. I suppose this a function I may found in DJI GO 4 app. Will see.
2018-6-4
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>

ACSoft Posted at 2018-6-4 10:08
No.

Will try. I suppose this a function I may found in DJI GO 4 app. Will see.

Yes - try it. Click on the gear icon. It's the second last setting before 'Format SD Card'.
Let us know if it helped.
2018-6-4
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.3

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-4 10:11
Yes - try it. Click on the gear icon. It's the second last setting before 'Format SD Card'.
Let us know if it helped.

I have done it, but no luck. It does not solve the problem at all !!!

By the way, I remarked now, that when you are lucky and get a good start, if you don't power off the drone, then, you can exit DJI GO 4 app and run it again and you are still OK. I have tested 4 exit/re-run and each time it was ok, even if I switch off and on again the sender (have done this between try 2 and 3). In other words, you loose camera commands when you switch off the drone.

2018-6-4
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

ACSoft Posted at 2018-6-4 10:39
I have done it, but no luck. It does not solve the problem at all !!!

By the way, I remarked now, that when you are lucky and get a good start, if you don't power off the drone, then, you can exit DJI GO 4 app and run it again and you are still OK. I have tested 4 exit/re-run and each time it was ok, even if I switch off and on again the sender (have done this between try 2 and 3). In other words, you loose camera commands when you switch off the drone.

"you loose camera commands when you switch off the drone"
That is not unusual as the settings is to be stored in the aircraft.
If you meant it is still not working when AC get powered up again this could be due that DJI recommend to restart the App if the AC has been powered down, ex. for a change of battery.
2018-6-5
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.3

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-5 00:02
"you loose camera commands when you switch off the drone"
That is not unusual as the settings is to be stored in the aircraft.
If you meant it is still not working when AC get powered up again this could be due that DJI recommend to restart the App if the AC has been powered down, ex. for a change of battery.

I don't really see what you mean here.
2018-6-5
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

ACSoft Posted at 2018-6-5 00:41
I don't really see what you mean here.

In short, don't start your app before your aircraft is on and restart the app after a AC restart.
Sorry, don't know how to explain otherwise, perhaps someone else can tell with different words.
2018-6-5
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.3

I known that the radio command should better be switched on before to switch on the drone and the contrary for switching off. In other words, acting so that the receiver (the drone) always receive a signal. This is always what I am doing, since my first RC model in 1970 !

Now, without braking this rule, not starting the app before the aircraft is on is impossible (almost on Android), because there is an automatic launch of the app, when you power on the radio command. Now to say, with previous version of DJI GO 4 app and/or drone firmware, I simply NEVER had this problem. So, to my view, it is obviously something bad or broken in actual versions.

EDIT:
Might be possible, if I disconnect the USB cable each time and reconnect it only after both hardware are on. Will try by curiosity, but doing this all the time is not acceptable.
2018-6-5
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

ACSoft Posted at 2018-6-5 01:27
I known that the radio command should better be switched on before to switch on the drone and the contrary for switching off. In other words, acting so that the receiver (the drone) always receive a signal. This is always what I am doing, since my first RC model in 1970 !

Now, without braking this rule, not starting the app before the aircraft is on is impossible (almost on Android), because there is an automatic launch of the app, when you power on the radio command. Now to say, with previous version of DJI GO 4 app and/or drone firmware, I simply NEVER had this problem. So, to my view, it is obviously something bad or broken in actual versions.

You do not need the display device to be connected, or running DJI Go 4 for the RC to have control of the aircraft. So you should still be able to stick to your procedure of RC on first, then aircraft (RC first LED will turn green after aircraft initialised showing you have control); then connect display and run DJI Go 4.

Your thought on disconnect and reconnect USB usually works as well (same function as connecting device after RC and aircraft powered up).
2018-6-5
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.3

It remain that the 2017 seasons, I never had the smalest problem with camera command, using all this material in the way I described, so I continue to firmly think that actual version of Phantom 4 Pro firmware and/or this 4.2.16 DJI GO 4 is/are BUGGY in regards with camera commands connexion and therefore:

I ask again politely to DJI to correct this problem asap.

Anyway, thanks KedDK & Aardvark for helping.

2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ACSoft Posted at 2018-6-5 03:58
It remain that the 2017 seasons, I never had the smalest problem with camera command, using all this material in the way I described, so I continue to firmly think that actual version of Phantom 4 Pro firmware and/or this 4.2.16 DJI GO 4 is/are BUGGY in regards with camera commands connexion and therefore:

I ask again politely to DJI to correct this problem asap.

This has been forwarded to our engineers for further analysis. One more question, does the issue remain if changed to another recommended mobile device?
2018-6-5
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.3

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-5 19:36
This has been forwarded to our engineers for further analysis. One more question, does the issue remain if changed to another recommended mobile device?

Unfortunately, I cannot answer, because I don't have another device compatible for such a test.
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ACSoft Posted at 2018-6-5 23:27
Unfortunately, I cannot answer, because I don't have another device compatible for such a test.

Not sure it is an individual issue, I'll still forward to our engineers for review. You can also check whether your friends or family can help to verify with their mobiles.
2018-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules