no-fly zone work around
1294 14 2018-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

Let's say you're in Florence or Santorini, or in any city coastal cities in Europe where drones are banned, is it ok to launch from a boat or ship to get closer as long as you don't  cross the red or yellow zones ?  An aerial view of these places from the sea would be nice. In the Arno river in Florence, you can't even fly your drone there, and these places claim to be drone friendly. lol  
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Good day! I appreciate your time inquiring this information to us to have a safe fly. However, we really do recommend to check directly at EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) to know what are the do's and don'ts. You can visit this website: https://www.easa.europa.eu/.
2018-6-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-4 11:45
Good day! I appreciate your time inquiring this information to us to have a safe fly. However, we really do recommend to check directly at EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) to know what are the do's and don'ts. You can visit this website: https://www.easa.europa.eu/.

Dear Wanda, first of all a warm welcome to this forum from us, the users side, and thank you very much for this well informed and good advice for all travellers!
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-4 11:58
Dear Wanda, first of all a warm welcome to this forum from us, the users side, and thank you very much for this well informed and good advice for all travellers!

Thank you for your warm welcome. If you have any other concerns or questions, feel free to ask questions and we are always here to help you.
2018-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It would be nice to drive a car around the lawn at the White House , parachute from the Eiffel Tower , climb the leaning tower of Pisa , there are many things need protecting for our own good and the good of future generations, it’s not wrong that some of us think these things are worth protecting for the good of all.
Fly safe.
2018-6-4
Use props
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-4 13:04
It would be nice to drive a car around the lawn at the White House , parachute from the Eiffel Tower , climb the leaning tower of Pisa , there are many things need protecting for our own good and the good of future generations, it’s not wrong that some of us think these things are worth protecting for the good of all.
Fly safe.

so you would never fly 6 or 7 miles from the airport.  
2018-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kandomere Posted at 2018-6-4 14:11
so you would never fly 6 or 7 miles from the airport.

I have flown on airport grounds, but to do it I need to be commercially trained and the proper Specific Operations Permit, and permission  from ATC, for all of this I pay a cost, why should it be any different for you ?
2018-6-4
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I think the OP was asking if he flew from outside a restricted DJI NFZ/Red-Yellow, would he be OK in doing so. Not sure about Italy's laws, I would be very careful to to enter any Red/Yellow DJI NFZ's while airborne as the drone most likely will initiate a forced landing. I have personally tested this theory here in the US. Flew into DJI Authorized (yellow) zone at around 5 meters altitude in a vacant field around 5 miles North of the airport. My MP forced landed around 20 meters (according to my GPS Trackimo App, which is accurate to within 1 meter) before actually entering the NFZ. I was right there to recover it. Do not depend on DJI's NFZ accuracy, and best to stay at least 100 meters from the outer edge.
2018-6-4
Use props
fansfe86a921
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578701 ft
United States

I have encounter similar situation, not exactly a NFZ in the drone, but a farm in Japan that has "no drones" sign in the farm.  What I did is to take off outside the farm, took some pictures outside.

2018-6-4
Use props
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-4 14:35
I have flown on airport grounds, but to do it I need to be commercially trained and the proper Specific Operations Permit, and permission  from ATC, for all of this I pay a cost, why should it be any different for you ?

contain ze calamity zat iz your mamaries. try reading the post sometime or work on your comprehension skills. I'll work on my writing skills.
2018-6-4
Use props
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-4 16:05
I think the OP was asking if he flew from outside a restricted DJI NFZ/Red-Yellow, would he be OK in doing so. Not sure about Italy's laws, I would be very careful to to enter any Red/Yellow DJI NFZ's while airborne as the drone most likely will initiate a forced landing. I have personally tested this theory here in the US. Flew into DJI Authorized (yellow) zone at around 5 meters altitude in a vacant field around 5 miles North of the airport. My MP forced landed around 20 meters (according to my GPS Trackimo App, which is accurate to within 1 meter) before actually entering the NFZ. I was right there to recover it. Do not depend on DJI's NFZ accuracy, and best to stay at least 100 meters from the outer edge.

good to know. thanks
2018-6-4
Use props
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-4 11:45

no info there. lol
2018-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kandomere Posted at 2018-6-4 18:24
contain ze calamity zat iz your mamaries. try reading the post sometime or work on your comprehension skills. I'll work on my writing skills.

Well if it’s a case that I read it wrong then my bad, but it would seem strange to ask a question. Can I fly my drone outside NFZ, I can’t see how you envisaged that to be a problem.
2018-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Think you will find tons of information.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/search/EASA%20drone%20laws
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Good day! You can check this: https://www.easa.europa.eu/easa-and-you/civil-drones-rpas
2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules