Battery Stuck P4A
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cogitare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131713 ft

Hi there!
So I’ve been having this problem ever since I bought the DJI Phantom 4 Advanced. My battery has been very hard to pull out but I’ve finally gotten I out most of the times. But this time, it won’t. I’ve tried many things but nothing works and now I’m unable to charge and fly my $1300 drone.

I contacted DJI support and there were no questions asked or any recommendations, the answer I got is to send it in for repair. (Although he was a nice person). But I don’t want to send a drone in to you for the third time. My P4A is just around 2 weeks old and my older P3 had to be sent in 2 times. I really don’t want to wait 2 weeks again to get my drone fixed and receive a refurbished drone that someone else has owned. And who knows what that drone has been through, maybe it belonged to a person who liked to brake really hard in sport mode so the battery get damaged, and when I receive it, it’ll have like 10% of the total capacity lost forever. (Maybe I was a bit too serious but as I said before, who knows)

Also, sending it in because I can’t get the battery out feels really dumb too.

Any recommendations or suggestions of what I can do?
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I am sorry for the trouble you encounter on your DJI aircraft. I understand that you are wondering as to why it needed to send in the unit for a repair. Based on the description that you provided you were having difficulty pulling out the battery from your aircraft. Which is not normal. That is why we suggest that you needed to send in the unit to our facility so that our repair team will be able to diagnose the problem and check the inside part. At the same time, they will send you an email to notify you of the damaged assessment result and recommendation. We will either repair it or replace it with a product that is new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability.
2018-6-4
Use props
Cogitare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131713 ft

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-4 12:58
I am sorry for the trouble you encounter on your DJI aircraft. I understand that you are wondering as to why it needed to send in the unit for a repair. Based on the description that you provided you were having difficulty pulling out the battery from your aircraft. Which is not normal. That is why we suggest that you needed to send in the unit to our facility so that our repair team will be able to diagnose the problem and check the inside part. At the same time, they will send you an email to notify you of the damaged assessment result and recommendation. We will either repair it or replace it with a product that is new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability.

Okay, about how long does a repair take?
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cogitare, we only received quite a few feedback about the battery stuck issue in the past, so I want to confirm with you whether the pull-out way is correct or not. Please hold the upper and bottom clips of the battery with two hands, and try to pull it out in the right direction. You can upload a short video of your operation if applicable. Alternatively, you can check whether the local experienced pilots can help you or not. The last suggestion will be sent the unit in.

BTW, the turnaround is different for various locations, the general timeframe is about 5-7 working days after the local team received the package and updated in the system, please kindly note and understand.
2018-6-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Did you inspect the connectors at any time?
In worst case it could have melted together, a few reports of that has been seen here and in that case it better get around DJI. But guess it is hard to check now if it really is stuck so hard that you can't rip it apart. Other reasons could be a swollen battery but i think you would have noticed that during the former fights.
Somewhere around you'll find a video showing how to stem the back of your hands against the rear arms while pushing down the clips and pulling backward.
2018-6-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

2018-6-5
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would putting the drone in the refrigerator help the swelling go down at all?
2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules