4829 26 2018-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NPasion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3291 ft

United States

Good Day to all CANADA DJI Mavic Pro Owners,

I am searching a forum / discussion about owner's experience in Canada but it seems like very little and I feel like its all on the down side.  I open this to share my experience to all Mavic or other DJI owners who lives in Canada. PLEASE REFER TO MY TIMELINE BELOW:

JUNE 03 2018: I crashed my Mavic Pro due to my error (forgot to update my RTH location).

JUNE 04 2018: I try opening a online request using an option DJI CARE REFRESH but would not allow me.

JUNE 04 2018: Since I cannot access online. I phoned Customer Service. The customer was very polite and helpful and open a  CASE NUMBER for me.  All I need to provide is my email, my basic information (i.e. Name, address etc) and the Serial Number of the Mavic Pro and Reason why I am requesting  the service. The Agent very helpful and open a Case Number and he informed me that I  will be receiving an email of the shipping information with 24-48 hours. I inform the agent about my Care Refresh and he said he will take note of the Care Refresh.

JUNE 04 2018: Being so paranoid and want to make sure that Care Refresh is applied and also I want to make sure that Care Refresh Express is applied to my Case I again search for ways to access the CARE REFRESH EXPRESS. I cannot access, so I chat to one of the Service Tech (Rimalyn) and asked about my CASE again. She checked it and she said that Care Refresh is applied BUT CARE REFRESH EXPRESS is not applied as CARE REFRESH EXPRESS IS ONLY APPLICABLE TO USA ADDRESS. The Service Tech is very helpful. As I explain my concern about the very purpose of my Mavic. I told the Service Tech that I need it to my vacation this 25 June 2018. I asked her if she can do something about it. What she did id to note my concern and informed the Tech Service Guys who will do the check that if they can prioritize it (hope it will be okay and keep their promised).  She said that  she already communicated to the Tech Guys and already noted  that my CASE will be  taken care and make sure that it will be faster than usual.

For Canadian Owners fastest and easiest way is to open a CASE / Service Request by calling DJI or  CHAT with the Tech Guys. Make sure you've properly channel your request to them as they are very willing to help us here in CANADA.

I WILL UPDATE YOU GUYS FOR YOUR INFORMATION AND PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE AS WELL HERE so that Canadian DJI owner will be informed. I know that DJI CARE REFRESH is very popular here in Calgary or even CANADA but hope DJI CARE REFRESH EXPRESS is also applicable in CANADA in the future

THANK VERY MUCH

2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. Thank you for giving this information.
2018-6-4
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2

United States

Good Day Stephen.. Hope my Case sill be okay and hope my experience will help DJI Owners who live  in Canada.

I am patiently  waiting for my shipping information.  

Thank you again.

2018-6-4
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

my experience with them was great, I live in a small village in the province of Quebec, very remote area, about 120kms North of Ottawa,  DJI sent me all the shipping labels filled them out had them checked out by their support team in order to make sure everything was right, the MP was sent to Texas, took about 4 days, confirmed that they received it sent me progress on what was being done,  that takes about 3 to 4 days, then they sent me a new MP, since it was my fault and error there was a fee of about 217.00  which I found to be very fair, so all and all I find that I've been treated very well by DJI.
2018-6-4
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2

Thank you Jack for the information. I live in Calgary Alberta. Hopefully the process of my Case will be similar to your's.  Or maybe better as I live in Calgary
2018-6-4
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

NPasion Posted at 2018-6-4 17:07
Thank you Jack for the information. I live in Calgary Alberta. Hopefully the process of my Case will be similar to your's.  Or maybe better as I live in Calgary

they even shipped it back right to my door which is great because most shipping companies will not come to this area, they might leave your parcel at a gas station or a municipal hall, but DJI insists that the drone is delivered right to your door.
2018-6-4
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

NPasion Posted at 2018-6-4 15:11
Good Day Stephen.. Hope my Case sill be okay and hope my experience will help DJI Owners who live  in Canada.

I am patiently  waiting for my shipping information.  

oh and incidentally I prefer Calgary to Edmonton, I trucked across the country for many years, Edmonton was like a huge truck stop.
2018-6-4
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2

HI jack. Why is it that you pay 217$? According to DJI website for MP, the replacemen will cost us 79USD. Or assessment repair cost or 79USD which ever is lower. Thank you again and enjoy flying your MP
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi NPasion, thanks for sharing your experience with us, our repair center will help to take care of your drone when it arrives, don't worry. Please keep us posted if you need any assistance during this process.
DJI Care Refresh Express is not available in Canada, we are working on providing more service to more regions. Please note our website about the future release.
2018-6-4
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2

Hi Mindy.  Thank you very much for the great serviced DJI offers to us user /customers.  I trust that like the great producs DJI offers, the  client service is more important as this will show how company value it's  customers. I will update the forum members about my experience in detail and hope more Canada member share their experiences here. THANK YOU AGAIN
2018-6-4
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2

United States

UPDATE!!

JUNE 06 2018: I RECIEIVED AN EMAIL FROM DJI BACK OFFICE SUPPORT -  Asking me to send my unit back to them (QUICK RESPONSE!!! 24 HOURS ONLY) . Based on the letter once THE NORTH AMERICA REPAIR FACILITY receives my item.  I was given ETA for repairs is APPROXIMATELY 1-2 WEEKS FROM DATE RECEIVED (I THINK TOO LONG AS I HAVE MY CARE REFRESH) - Hopefully better time as I intend to use it for 25 June vacation.

JUNE 06 2018: Received email UPS (UPS LABEL CREATED)

More update to fallow.

THANK YOU AGAIN

2018-6-5
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2

United States

JUNE 06 2018 : I just shipped my MAVIC PRO (Aircraft and propellers as advice by the Service Tech) . DELIVERY TIME TO REACH DJI 7 BUSINESS DAYS.  Return to: DJI Service Center Texas, USA

Next Update to follow soon..
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

NPasion Posted at 2018-6-5 10:50
JUNE 06 2018 : I just shipped my MAVIC PRO (Aircraft and propellers as advice by the Service Tech) . DELIVERY TIME TO REACH DJI 7 BUSINESS DAYS.  Return to: DJI Service Center Texas, USA

Next Update to follow soon..

The local team will take care once the unit arrived. We'll keep an eye on the status as well.
2018-6-6
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2

United States

Thank you Susan.

Do you need my Case Number?
2018-6-6
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2

United States

JUNE 06 2018 : IN-TRANSIT (UPS) Scheduled Delivery: Tuesday, 06/12/2018 , By End of Day

Hope it went well:

PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES HERE!! THANK YOU
2018-6-6
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2

United States

Good morning to All!!

After 5 WORKING DAYS my Package has been delivered to DJI Service Center GRAPEVINE TX (2 DAYS AHEAD AS PROMISED by UPS). I AM HOPING THAT CARE REFRESH USERS / OR CUSTORMERS have options to choose STANDARD or EXPRESS DELIVERY by UPS . Meaning STANDARD provided by DJI Care OR EXPRESS DELIVERY under customer expense.  As sometimes or MOST OF THE TIME we purchased the DJI product not only for a quality product but also for something/a purposed of VERY IMPORTANT USE.  Like in my case where I bought this Mavic Pro to be use to my FAMILY REUNION /VACATION in Nova Scotia (Advance FATHER's DAY GIFT) this coming 25 June 2018 to 2 July 2018.

Now that it is in DJI hands (HOPE CUSTOMER CARE REALLY APPLIES ) as I intend to use my DJI CARE REFRESH (no matter what) I was already informed DJI Tech/Service my situation /case and They all promised me to attend right away to my case and will be solve a PROMISED.

I heard /watch few horror things about DJI Service but HOPING that few cases will not be applied to  me AS  I KNOW MANY GOOD THINGS THAT DJI REALLY CARE..Hope DJI will able to send my MP right away so that I will be able to received my Mavic back before our flight on 25 JUNE.  I am willing / or ready to pay the refresh fee right away.

I WILL UPDATE THIS THREAD RIGHT AWAY AS SOON AS I RECEIVED ANYTHING FROM DJI

PELASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES HERE --

THANK YOU

2018-6-12
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2

United States

Hi to ALL.

JUNE 12 2018: My PACKAGE (Mavic Pro) has been delivered / received by DJI Service at GRAPEVINE TX US at 14:23.

JUNE 12 2018: Communicated to Service Tech (via chat about my case) and DJI promised / noted that I will use my DJI CARE REFRESH and to fast tract the shipping back to me, DJI proposed to ship the item back in different method (express) with additional charge.  DJI promised to apply part of DJI CARE REFRESH EXPRESS process to me with additional cost as published to USERs in US.

Hope DJI keep what they PROMISED (Hope DJI proposed option is true) as this will help solve my case.

I will post my update as soon as I received any email from DJI..

Hope my case can help future users / customer  weigh their options. Hope DJI CARE REFRESH EXPRESS will soon be here in CANADA

FOR CANADIAN CUSTOMERS PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES HERE..

THANK YOU
2018-6-12
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

NPasion Posted at 2018-6-12 12:42
Hi to ALL.

JUNE 12 2018: My PACKAGE (Mavic Pro) has been delivered / received by DJI Service at GRAPEVINE TX US at 14:23.

hope you get it back also, I will be headed for my summer home to spend the summer months in Malagash NS,  the scenery in NS are great with the beaches and the fishing boats, I was there in May and videod the Lobster fishermen in Norththumberland Strait,  simply great videos.  Npassion just let me know what the final charges were, it was 167.00 USD for me but I did get a new mavic.
2018-6-12
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2

United States

Thank you Jack...

DJI took 3-4 days to process your case before they shipped  it to you. Did you do anything ? Did you call them / follow up about your case.? After DJI shipped your Mavic Pro, how many days before you received it? Did you asked DJI to ship it in Express or Standard?

I hope that I get my drone back on time as we are leaving 25 June 2018. We want to experience what you experience in NS. Hope someone from the DJI might notice me here and help me with my case..

Thank you again.  
2018-6-12
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2

United States

Hi to ALL.

JUNE 13 2018: 11:00 AM MST I received an email from DJI Acknowledging that DJI received my Mavic Pro..
2018-6-13
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2

United States

JUNE 13 2018: 430PM MST  I received email from DJI service team. A quotation of my Mavic Pro.  
First email Total Quotation Cost is 140$ (Repair cost =140$ and Freight Cost = 0$)
Second email Total Quotation Cost is 299$ (Repair Cost = 140$ and Freight Cost = 158$)

I am aware about DJI Adding extra fee for my shipping .  My REQUEST to DJI is to USE MY DJI CARE REFRESH AND PAY EXTRA FEE FOR SHIPPING (reason is that I am hopping to skip the process of repair and fast tract the shipping as it took 7 days to my Mavic to arrived to their facility. But know I was advised by the DJI customer service to wait again for another email.. as DJI cannot explain the Freight they are asking to me which is 158$ . I am willing to pay this freight fee as  I want my drone back to me as soon as possible but DJI cannot give me any breakdown.. I am asking SJI to provide breakdown as for me 158$ shipping (considering that part of Care Refresh is the standard shipping) is way to expensive, First Class Air One Day Delivery is I am thinking a service they provide for the shipping (which is Great) but I need to know the breakdown.. I DONT WANT TO EXPECT SOMETHING THAT IS NOT REAL. I  don't want to wait for ONE SHIPPING by AIR the eventually waiting for 7 days to received my DRONE back.. I am willing to pay DJI with assurance that service that will be given to me will reflects the PRICE that I pay. PLEASE SEE ATTACHED SCREEN SHOTS OF EMAIL FROM DJI
Please Screen Shot of email below

THANK YOU. PLEASE SHARE YOUR EPERIENCES AS WELL.
2018-6-13
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2

United States

Hi to All.

JUNE 14 2018:  While chatting with DJI Support for 2 plus hours. We resolve my case about above (2 quotations). I was given an option by DJI Support if I have to wait for DJI Care Refresh request (email from DJI for another quotation reflecting Care Refresh) OR I have to pay the quotation. The problem is that if I wait for new quote (which there is no time frame) it may take again time just to DJI to send me a quotation reflecting DJI CARE refresh. I my time frame is slip as above reason. I decided pay the repair and the extra cost for shipping. DJI support was give me a discount on repair for 65$ and send me another email that assures that no additional shipping on my end will be charge to me..

PROCESS FLAWS for DJI CARE REFRESH : In my opinion DJI should have an option to select if user wants to use the Care Refresh or NOT and reflects right away this to their first quotation. TO SAVE TIME AND TO FASTRACT THE REPAIR. I know it is a bit complicated as their are cases that repair may cost lower than the CARE REFRESH. But that case I very slim.. Repair time for sure will already take 2 hours (60$ per hour) and that alone will be equivalent or more that our REFRESH. Customer is not sending their UNIT if is not actually broken.. for sure at a minimum repair will cost 120$USD. DJI SHOULD HAVE KNOW THIS ALREADY THAT IF CUSTOMER HAVE BOUGHT CARE REFRESH. THEN THEY WANT TO USE THE CARE REFRESH. DJI SHOULD ALREADY KNOW WHAT IS THE BEST OPTION FOR THE CUSTOMER. I SEND US THE BEST POSSIBLE QUOTATION THAT CUSTUMER WILL BE HAPPY.

Now I am waiting for DJI  to acknowledge my payment (2-3 business day) and no idea haw long it will take again after acknowledgement of payment.

Also just to let you know.. according to DJI the extra shipping fee ($158)  that I paid  is by AIR and NEXT DAY DELIVERY.

Hope my information helps fellow Canadian Customers/DJI Unit users

Thank you
2018-6-15
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2

United States

JUNE 19 2018: After 5 days (3 working days) I already received an email from DJI support about my Mavic Pro shipping information..  

I will update all forum members once I received the unit..
2018-6-19
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2

United States

June 22 2018: Received my Mavic Pro 720PM . I have to drive 40mins just to pickup my unit. I checked my unit and I noticed that DJI replaced my Mavic Pro. (no information if its new or refurbished) .I notice as well that the gymbal  camera is not properly secured. Gymbal cover is not in place but luckily camera and gymbal is okay. I notice this problem (gymbal not properly secured to  other users as well when they received their MP). Hope DJI will look into it to protect the unit and hope that DJI treated their replacement as care as possible as User worst nightmare is  to have their unit back knowing that their unit is not working again.

NEW PROBLEM: My replacement unit is not link to my DJI Care Refresh. Now I have to go through another process where I have to email, call and chat them again for this new problem. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AGAIN. DJI SHOULD LOOK INTO IT..
2018-6-22
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

NPasion Posted at 2018-6-22 05:36
June 22 2018: Received my Mavic Pro 720PM . I have to drive 40mins just to pickup my unit. I checked my unit and I noticed that DJI replaced my Mavic Pro. (no information if its new or refurbished) .I notice as well that the gymbal  camera is not properly secured. Gymbal cover is not in place but luckily camera and gymbal is okay. I notice this problem (gymbal not properly secured to  other users as well when they received their MP). Hope DJI will look into it to protect the unit and hope that DJI treated their replacement as care as possible as User worst nightmare is  to have their unit back knowing that their unit is not working again.

NEW PROBLEM: My replacement unit is not link to my DJI Care Refresh. Now I have to go through another process where I have to email, call and chat them again for this new problem. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AGAIN. DJI SHOULD LOOK INTO IT..

Glad you got it back.  You will have a R in the serial number if you have a refurbished unit.  I have one and that is how to identify if Refurbished or not.  Not the first time I have heard of them being shipped like this without the gimbal clamp on and just not packed right.  This really needs to be addressed as it reflects poorly on them.  

Have you test flown your replacement yet?
2018-6-22
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2

United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-22 05:46
Glad you got it back.  You will have a R in the serial number if you have a refurbished unit.  I have one and that is how to identify if Refurbished or not.  Not the first time I have heard of them being shipped like this without the gimbal clamp on and just not packed right.  This really needs to be addressed as it reflects poorly on them.  

Have you test flown your replacement yet?

Thank you SparkBird,

I have not test my unit yet.  I just linked my controller and check if the unit is updated. I will test I later. The SN of my Unit do not have any R. So I assumes it is new.  If you check my previous post.. I end up paying the repair instead of using my refresh as they will take longer to issue a new quotation with the refresh.

Agree to you that they have to change their system. The try to help their customer but they not giving their 100%. they always have something to frustrate or make their service look bad. Simple as I look but they are not paying attention to it. (i.e. giving a best quotations and giving options to costumers specially if we costumers have refresh and linking the unit to the refresh before sending the drone back)
2018-6-22
Use props
NPasion
lvl.2

United States

June 22 2018: LINKED MY REPLACEMENT UNIT TO MY EXISTING DJI CARE REFRESH. I emailed DJI Care Refresh Team <djicare@dji.com>.  Just send your case number, your old unit's SN and replacement unit's SN. In 30mins you will received a reply back from DJI Care Team with the your problem solved (linked to your replacement unit).

HOPE MY EXPERIENCED HELP OTHER DJI USERs IN CANADA..  HAPPY FLYING EVERYONE.
2018-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules