Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Heat stroke, pulmonary resuscitation, and CrystalSky
611 0 2018-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Today with outside temperature of 82-degrees F, with slight overcast sky, my CrystalSky Ultra-brite's screen went blank, as if it had suddenly been powered off.  Quickly pressing On/Off button screen came back very briefly, then went blank again.  No warnings of overheating appeared before first bank screen, and nothing when screen came back on briefly.

Trying On/Off button again on Cs-Ub got screen to come back on, but it was dim and shimmering.  Still no overheat warnings.  This time, completely Powered CrystalSky down.  CrystalSky did not feel hot, only slightly warm.

Figuring I had nothing to loose, I started pulmonary resuscitation on Cs-Ub by blowing into top edge vent.  I could feel hot air coming out around ports of Left side as huffed and puffed.  I countined resuscitation over next few minutes.

Puzzled by it happening at 82-F, and not at all happy that DJI's CrystalSky screen appeared to be on its death bed, I decided to go for it.  Powered CS-Ub back on, and to my surprise the screen was back to normal.  More surprisingly, Cs-Ub's screen continued to work.  Had figured either Cs-Ub would power-up with blank screen or quickly go blank and die; but Cs-Ub didn't.

While attempting to get back to flying, whole purpose of having spent $1,000 on Cs-Ub, I noticed my loose T-shirt was going up against Cs-Ub's top edge.  Top edge being down and towards body, because Cs-Ub is being used with DJI RC latching adapter / USB connector, resulting in flipped Cs-Ub.   Thus leading to possibility that Cs-Ub's air vent got restricted by T-shirt, reduced air flow throw Cs-Ub, and caused it to overheat.  Why no warnings of Cs-Ub overheating, I do not know.

From all this three things:
1) DJI needs to change CrystalSky's air vent system, to where something can not restrict airflow.
2) If your CrystalSky does over heat (screen goes blank / dim, screen shimmers or waves), power it off and start blowing air in vent to get heat out as quickly as possible.  It may save your Cs-Ub.  It may not, but you got nothing to loose; at worst you will look nerd silly for a few minutes.
3) Till, DJI re-works CrytalSky's air vent system, try to keep clothing (or whatever) away from air vent.

2018-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules