Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
3 min video: Mounted Search & Rescue Training
672 13 2018-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StanfordWebbie
Captain
Flight distance : 178018 ft

Our Mounted Search & Rescue Unit did our annual training last weekend.  Here's a 3 minute video showing the hightlights.

2018-6-4
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Nice Dude! What was the butterfly lady trying to do with the wing flap?
2018-6-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Nice video Stan
2018-6-4
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Captain
Flight distance : 178018 ft

dronist Posted at 2018-6-4 19:21
Nice Dude! What was the butterfly lady trying to do with the wing flap?

A horse's natural instinct is to fear something that is strange, moves, and makes noise. So, her costume  made her look to the horse as not human.  She was strange looking to the horses, the strange "wings" moved in a way that was not "human", and the wind blowing against them made a strange noise.  All those translate to "might be a predator that wants to eat me" in the mind of a horse who was coming across it for the first time.  So, she was just trying to "desensitize" my horse to this new "object".
2018-6-4
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-6-4 19:36
A horse's natural instinct is to fear something that is strange, moves, and makes noise. So, her costume  made her look to the horse as not human.  She was strange looking to the horses, the strange "wings" moved in a way that was not "human", and the wind blowing against them made a strange noise.  All those translate to "might be a predator that wants to eat me" in the mind of a horse who was coming across it for the first time.  So, she was just trying to "desensitize" my horse to this new "object".

Cool Dude!   
2018-6-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Awesome video. I really enjoy these vids.
2018-6-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-6-4 19:36

Glad your horse is well trained and friendly.  Been around one that would have attacked instead.  

Friend has a horse more like yours.  His daughter's former barrel racing horse that is easy going.  Knows a few tricks too.  Even once helped save a City-Slicker on a runaway horse, who was out on some chuck-wagon ride experience.  If only I had been there with a drone...
2018-6-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Got a good chuckle out of horse and oversize soccer ball.  Year ago, I saw a video of horse playing with smaller version.  Kick that ball across pasture, push it around, and grab handle on ball with its mouth and give ball a toos.  Then chase after ball and repeat.  Good thing that horse wasn't at Mounted Search & Rescue Training.  Bye bye ball.
2018-6-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video
2018-6-4
Use props
bradzilla
Captain
Flight distance : 40157 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Great video, Thanks for sharing!
2018-6-5
Use props
Neliusspies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2151526 ft
Nauru

Great video and thank you for your service
2018-6-5
Use props
FlyDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

SUPER video.! Thanks for sharing this with us buddy.
2018-6-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Great video indeed and you are doing a serious job there! I only had to smile a little when you were exposing them to sharks...
2018-6-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great vid there SW
2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now