Öcusync or Wi-Fi with mobile on MP/P?
1059 14 2018-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nmbrg
lvl.1

Sweden

So, i tried finding any information about this but i just couldnt find any.

I know that the Mavic Air only has Wi-Fi.
So if im right it doesnt matter if you use mobile, controller, goggles or whatever. It still is using Wi-Fi, correct?

But what im not sure of is how the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum works.
If i connect my mobile to the controller, is it using Ocusync or Wi-Fi?

Why im wondering? Because if not using the Goggles, 9/10 times you use the mobile connected to the controller. And if both MA and MP/P is using Wi-Fi that way it doesnt matter that the MA do not have Ocusync.

Or have i misunderstood the "when using mobile its using wifi instead of ocusync"?
Is that if your not using the controller at all? (i.e using ONLY the mobile to control the MP/P).
2018-6-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

The MP and the MPP use ocusync. When flying your MP Or MPP you want your device in Airplane mode. MA when using the goggles is connected with the cable. The MP and MPP is not.
2018-6-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

You may want to read the manual once or twice more, so you have a better understanding of you bird.
2018-6-4
Use props
nmbrg
lvl.1

Sweden

Woe Posted at 2018-6-4 23:20
You may want to read the manual once or twice more, so you have a better understanding of you bird.

You seem very friendly.. And you didnt even answer my question about wifi/mobile.
Why dont you go do something else than post on forums if all you're gonna do is be rude?
By the way. i dont own a DJI drone, yet.
2018-6-4
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

The controller from the mavic pro using ocusync. The mobile connect to the controller via USB cable. If you want you can use only the mobile without the controller via wi fi
2018-6-4
Use props
nmbrg
lvl.1

Sweden

integer Posted at 2018-6-4 23:59
The controller from the mavic pro using ocusync. The mobile connect to the controller via USB cable. If you want you can use only the mobile without the controller via wi fi

Ok, thanks for the clarification!
2018-6-5
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

In ocusync system you can connect two controllers at the same time for this the goggles can connect with the mavic without Cable.
2018-6-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

nmbrg Posted at 2018-6-4 23:24
You seem very friendly.. And you didnt even answer my question about wifi/mobile.
Why dont you go do something else than post on forums if all you're gonna do is be rude?

Look here lvl 1. I was trying to help you. There is no reason to get your panties in a bunch. If You are asking question, sometime you get answers you might not like or understand. I wasn't been rude but I can get there TROLL.
2018-6-5
Use props
nmbrg
lvl.1

Sweden

Woe Posted at 2018-6-5 05:53
Look here lvl 1. I was trying to help you. There is no reason to get your panties in a bunch. If You are asking question, sometime you get answers you might not like or understand. I wasn't been rude but I can get there TROLL.

lol, still as friendly i see.

this has nothing to do with liking/not liking an answer. and if you cant see that your post was rude theres no idea debating any further.

im not even gonna go into a debate that you're using the word troll wrong. And i cant but wonder who the real troll is.

have a nice day. and keep up that positive vibe you have going on
2018-6-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

nmbrg Posted at 2018-6-5 06:00

this has nothing to do with liking/not liking an answer. and if you cant see that your post was rude theres no idea debating any further.

Thank you. Have a GREAT DAY
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Good day! Thank you for clarifying this information to us. For connecting your mobile device to your Mavic Pro/Mavic Air remote controller, it should be connected using USB cable.
2018-6-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

nmbrg Posted at 2018-6-4 23:24
Why dont you go do something else than post on forums if all you're gonna do is be rude?

You have misinterpreted the answer given to you by Woe. He is trying to help you and has answered your questions. I agree with Woe and so will everyone here. If you do not own a drone yet and still deciding you should read up on it in fact watch a lot of youtube videos to get to know the do and do nots before you buy and once you buy do not read the manual once or just throw it away read it a few times to get a clear understanding of how the drone works, care of it etc. You do not want to be back here posting that you lost your drone. This is an expensive piece of equipment for some guys and can also get you into a lot of trouble if not used safely.

The forum members on here here are ever willing to help and offer advise to those in need. Take care and my Advise is get a Mavic Pro or MPP it is good if you will be looking for range in the future.
2018-6-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nmbrg Posted at 2018-6-5 06:00

How on earth has Woe been rude? He has given you factual and correct information then followed up by advising that you read the manual once or twice so you know how to operate your drone safely. The manual will also explain in detail a lot of the questions you will undoubtedly have being completely new and inexperienced in this hobby.

It's very much in your interest to read the manual several times and keep referring back to it as you go through numerous learning curves - that's if you buy a drone of course.

BTW - Woe is anything but a troll - he has and continues to make a massive contribution to this forum - I think you should apologise...

2018-6-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

A CW Posted at 2018-6-5 15:06
How on earth has Woe been rude? He has given you factual and correct information then followed up by advising that you read the manual once or twice so you know how to operate your drone safely. The manual will also explain in detail a lot of the questions you will undoubtedly have being completely new and inexperienced in this hobby.

It's very much in your interest to read the manual several times and keep referring back to it as you go through numerous learning curves - that's if you buy a drone of course.

You have taken the words out of my mouth dear friend!
2018-6-5
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Doesn't own a drone, is downright rude to an experienced helpful forum member for no reason whatsoever, way to go fella, make friends and influence people. And I agree an apology is called for.
2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules