Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Spark Pilots - Info&Errors on ATTI / Compass / GPS Satellites
12268 112 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knelson69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3990 ft
United States

Although we have had some back and forth useless conversation and jabs at one another  I do appreciate this read and video.  Things like this are helpful to me as a new pilot.  I watched a lot of youtube but I never saw this one.   I will definitely sit down and watch it later.

Thanks!
2018-6-25
Use props
Carmenvail
First Officer
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-5 02:13
PART 1

Errors - They Explain ATTI / GPS Satellites Positioning / Compass Errors in Deep - Really Worth Watching

this is a good thread to help prevent fly offs.
2018-7-29
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Carmenvail Posted at 2018-7-29 09:26
this is a good thread to help prevent fly offs.

The Idea Behind it is to Inform New Pilots about the Famous ATTI MODE, which is so easy to understand.

No GPS = No Holding Position = Drifts Away with Inertia / Wind Currents

About a month ago, I have bought a Tello just to practice ATTI Mode, as it has no GPS. For just $99 it was a good start for me.

2018-7-29
Use props
Carmenvail
First Officer
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-29 09:32
The Idea Behind it is to Inform New Pilots about the Famous ATTI MODE, which is so easy to understand.

No GPS = No Holding Position = Drifts Away with Inertia / Wind Currents

Atti mode = now you are a pilot.
2018-7-29
Use props
Ethan80
lvl.4
Flight distance : 295 ft
Spain

Hey DMX_MT mate, what's up?.
I also goy a Tello to practice ATTI mode but after a few flies I discovered that Tello AC uses a uncommon tecnology that appears to mantain position and altitude using the camera image (and lower sensors) like a gps technology.
According to Spark ATTI mode, the AC mantains only the altitude but not the position like Tello.
I don't know if there is an option to left Tello in pure ATTI mode, I will research about this.
2018-7-29
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Ethan80 Posted at 2018-7-29 09:50
Hey DMX_MT mate, what's up?.
I also goy a Tello to practice ATTI mode but after a few flies I discovered that Tello AC uses a uncommon tecnology that appears to mantain position and altitude using the camera image (and lower sensors) like a gps technology.
According to Spark ATTI mode, the AC mantains only the altitude but not the position like Tello.

I fly my Tello inside on White Tiling and there isn't any Bright Light, so the Yellow Front LED Blinking tells me it is in ATTI Mode. If it is Green it means the Sensors are Working.

The Tello has a Small VPS Camera in the Centre to keep Position, but no GPS, and also 2 Small Sensors, one a transmitter (Infrared) and one a receiver.

2018-7-29
Use props
Ethan80
lvl.4
Flight distance : 295 ft
Spain

good to know!, thanks!
2018-7-29
Use props
djiuser_tSJibUk5GbRD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67841 ft
Netherlands

Has anyone experience with the latest firmware .1000 ?my spark flys sideway since i updated...any ideas?
2018-8-2
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

djiuser_tSJibUk5GbRD Posted at 2018-8-2 11:29
Has anyone experience with the latest firmware .1000 ?my spark flys sideway since i updated...any ideas?

Maybe try to do an IMU Calibration see how it goes ?

You can do it at home, unlike the Compass Calibration which needs to be done outside away from any Metal. Be sure you remove the Props and have a Flat and Level Surface.

2018-8-2
Use props
djiuser_tSJibUk5GbRD
Second Officer
Netherlands

Yeah, that was the first thing i did after noticing the problem. Others are reporting this problem too. Look in this forum : dji spark does not fly straight after uptade. It is also yawing . What firmware are you on? Thank you!
2018-8-2
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

I didnt upgrade yet.
2018-8-2
Use props
maddox
Captain

PART 1

Errors - They Explain ATTI / GPS Satellites Positioning / Compass Errors in Deep - Really Worth Watching

Very nice thanks for sharing buddy
2018-8-2
Use props
djiuser_tSJibUk5GbRD
Second Officer
Netherlands

Hey , sorry for this dum question now... i just created a new forum part, and now i cant find it! There are 215 pages . How can i find it?
2018-8-4
Use props
Warriewoodlad
First Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

What a great discussion prompted by some excellent information. I have learned a lot. Thanks DMX_MT and all contributors.
2018-8-4
Use props
djiuser_tSJibUk5GbRD
Second Officer
Netherlands

Hey guys, can someone explain how you can look at your flight data with phantomhelp. Com? I am using ios on my mobile but android ( windows) on the computer. On the wensite they only showed android-android,ios-mac. Hopefully someone can help me out! Thank you
2018-8-4
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

djiuser_tSJibUk5GbRD Posted at 2018-8-4 02:00
Hey , sorry for this dum question now... i just created a new forum part, and now i cant find it! There are 215 pages . How can i find it?

Click on  - Personal Homepage

Click on - Posts
2018-8-4
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Warriewoodlad Posted at 2018-8-4 03:14
What a great discussion prompted by some excellent information. I have learned a lot. Thanks DMX_MT and all contributors.

Excellent Warriewoodlad, being Aware of what you might Encounter during the Flight will make you more Prepared.

Keep in VLOS, and Fly Safe Mate !

If you have any question don't hesitate in asking, that how we all learn from each other.

2018-8-4
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

djiuser_tSJibUk5GbRD Posted at 2018-8-4 05:44
Hey guys, can someone explain how you can look at your flight data with phantomhelp. Com? I am using ios on my mobile but android ( windows) on the computer. On the wensite they only showed android-android,ios-mac. Hopefully someone can help me out! Thank you

Go to your Phone's Flight Records from the DJI GO4 App and Upload the ones you want on -

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/

2018-8-4
Use props
djiuser_tSJibUk5GbRD
Second Officer
Netherlands

Yeah, but how to?
2018-8-4
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Have a look at this Video Tutorial -

2018-8-4
Use props
djiuser_tSJibUk5GbRD
Second Officer
Netherlands

Thank you, but i dont have i tunes on my computer ( because it is not a mac) is there any way for windows computers?
2018-8-4
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

djiuser_tSJibUk5GbRD Posted at 2018-8-4 10:48
Thank you, but i dont have i tunes on my computer ( because it is not a mac) is there any way for windows computers?

Here you go, search for your FlightRecord Folder on your Phone -

2018-8-4
Use props
djiuser_tSJibUk5GbRD
Second Officer
Netherlands

Thank you very much! I will try it once i an home!
2018-8-4
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Captain
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just wanted to say thanks for sharing the videos at the start of the post, im VERY sure the the creator is grateful and appreciates the share. ;)
2018-12-7
Use props
jmb63
Captain
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank You for taking the time to round up all that info and posting it! This is a good collection with a lot of useful and probably money/stress/safety saving tips and insight
2018-12-7
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

jmb63 Posted at 12-7 05:27
Thank You for taking the time to round up all that info and posting it! This is a good collection with a lot of useful and probably money/stress/safety saving tips and insight

You are Welcome Buddy.

Sorry I am responding late, as right now I am very busy at work and have no time to log on the Forum.

Take Care Buddy.

2018-12-11
Use props
Skempilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1768 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you so much for the info and videos. These are VERY helpful indeed.
2019-1-17
Use props
Gator Don
Second Officer
United States

Thanks, very much needed
2019-2-10
Use props
Karce
lvl.1
Canada

The final part of my pre-flight checklist is to do a manual take off, hover about 1.5m off the ground, test my yaw, pitch, and roll, and immediately land back down.    Usually if anything's going to happen, it'll be on your first take-off.
2019-2-11
Use props
djiuser_VB16xy0bD4p5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1755 ft

Netherlands

Every new pilot must see these video's.
I did and learned a lot from it.

thnx.
2019-2-11
Use props
joes_sky
lvl.1

Israel

PART 1

very good explanation.
one question , what if the drone is far away and it get to Patti mode.
how can I return it back? i don't see it , so how I can control it ?
anyway thanks for the explanation.
2020-6-5
Use props
joes_sky
lvl.1

Israel

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-6-8 07:26
BrilhasMuito,

Just saw you reply to my question which you gave to DMX_MT.

good information
2020-6-5
Use props
Wolferl
Captain
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

joes_sky Posted at 6-5 10:17
one question , what if the drone is far away and it get to Patti mode.
how can I return it back? i don't see it , so how I can control it ?

Hi Joe,

Well, you should fly so far away, that you can't see the drone's attitude, for starters :-)
If that happens, you can only rely on the video and the map to find back home.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2020-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules