Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IS RONIN-S Support FUJIFILM X-T2 Camera
123Next >
22530 101 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

swayz Posted at 4-7 04:59
+1 for xt3 support.. glad you've sorted my other camera, the d850 thanks.. picked fuji with budget as no option.. just like dji ronin s.. the video on the fuji is the best.. blows nikon away anyway.. so i wanted to use fuji xt3 with ronin s also as its much lighter paired with 16mm prime it would be double good to use fuji.. sadly you're forcing me to use d850 if i want full control..  just got it set up this morning.. using xt3 just for gimbal.. looking forward to trying full control with d850 and 24-70.. while wishing it was the xt3 i was using..

Hi swayz, Ronin-S will support Fuji XT3 via the future firmware update, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-4-8
Use props
positron
lvl.1
United States

Hi Mindy, That is GREAT to hear. PLEASE be sure they add the X-H1 in addition to the XT3.  The X-H1 was specifically designed by Fuji for video and I can't wait to control start/stop, time-lapse, etc. from the Gimbal and Ronin App!

Please keep us informed.  Know you just released an update, but is there any ETA on the next one supporting Fuji?
2019-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

positron Posted at 4-9 06:25
Hi Mindy, That is GREAT to hear. PLEASE be sure they add the X-H1 in addition to the XT3.  The X-H1 was specifically designed by Fuji for video and I can't wait to control start/stop, time-lapse, etc. from the Gimbal and Ronin App!

Please keep us informed.  Know you just released an update, but is there any ETA on the next one supporting Fuji?

Hi positron, not sure about X-H1, but your request will be transferred to our engineers. We don't have the estimated release date of the next firmware, please pay attention to the announcement in Forum.
2019-4-9
Use props
fadetowhite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 545 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-9 18:16
Hi positron, not sure about X-H1, but your request will be transferred to our engineers. We don't have the estimated release date of the next firmware, please pay attention to the announcement in Forum.

Yes please request X-H1 support! That camera is video-focused and many Fuji owners bought it for that purpose.

X-T2 would be great, too, but X-H1 and X-T3 would be a perfect start. Thanks!
2019-4-19
Use props
erikvphoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 949016 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-8 23:39
Hi there, Ronin-S will support Fuji XT3 via the future firmware update, our engineers are working on it, but sure about the other camera models, please wait patiently for the future update, thank you.

Do you have a rough ETA of when this future firmware update will go live?
2019-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fadetowhite Posted at 4-19 07:05
Yes please request X-H1 support! That camera is video-focused and many Fuji owners bought it for that purpose.

X-T2 would be great, too, but X-H1 and X-T3 would be a perfect start. Thanks!

Hi there, we can ensure XT-2 and XT-3 will be supported, but not sure of the other models. Please note the future firmware update, thank you.
2019-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

erikvphoto Posted at 4-19 10:24
Do you have a rough ETA of when this future firmware update will go live?

Hi erikvphoto, sorry that I don't have a rough ETA at the moment, we will make the announcement in Forum once it is released, thanks for your patience.
2019-4-20
Use props
David van Jaarsveld
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

Thank you so much for X-T3 support!
2019-4-21
Use props
fansc2ed8c61
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1686 ft
Malaysia

+2 here to add support to xt3!!
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

David van Jaarsveld Posted at 4-21 12:58
Thank you so much for X-T3 support!

Hi David, please wait patiently for the future firmware update.
2019-4-22
Use props
IvicaNS
New
Serbia

\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/
+3 here to add support to xt3!!
2019-4-24
Use props
chimbleysweep
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-20 19:54
Hi there, we can ensure XT-2 and XT-3 will be supported, but not sure of the other models. Please note the future firmware update, thank you.

Sooooooooo very happy to hear that the X-T2 will also be included in the firmware update. I was very disappointed to find out (after purchasing) the Ronin S didn't fully support my Fuji camera (and my other body is a Nikon D750). The Ronin S has so much promise; I'm really looking forward to making full use of it.
2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

chimbleysweep Posted at 4-29 09:21
Sooooooooo very happy to hear that the X-T2 will also be included in the firmware update. I was very disappointed to find out (after purchasing) the Ronin S didn't fully support my Fuji camera (and my other body is a Nikon D750). The Ronin S has so much promise; I'm really looking forward to making full use of it.

Let's expect the future firmware update.
2019-4-29
Use props
adolique
lvl.1
France

+1 for Fuji X-T3 support rated by many vlogers as best video camera of the year
2019-5-24
Use props
Codegit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141719 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

This is so sad for me. When I realised that DJI were not going to support my Fuji X-T3 I dumped my Ronin_s and lost money because most of my mates did not want it. Without the ability to at least STOP/START the Fuji-XT3 from the gimbal, in my opinion makes this gimbal useless to Fuji owners. There are better options.
2019-5-28
Use props
Gadget Geek
lvl.4
Canada

I am a Sony A7III  and Fujifilm X-T3 owner. DJI please add support for X-T3.
2019-5-28
Use props
Sebastiano_
lvl.1
Austria

Any news when the support will be added?
2019-6-2
Use props
AntFuji
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Also waiting for the Fuji update... Come on Dji, this is taking ages.....
2019-6-3
Use props
David van Jaarsveld
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

It would be nice if we would know how much longer it will take to finally have the Fujifilm support. Do we have to wait days, weeks or even months?
2019-6-4
Use props
Dextera
lvl.1
Austria

Fascinating. This is a simple USB trigger. I made a test for fun - with an Arduino you need about 2-3 hours to build yourself a trigger for a X-T3.

I do not quite understand why this has been going on for a year and nothing has happened. From ronin via USB - this interface can not be so complicated Not even an approximate estimate of when something is on the schedule. First mentioned that you could not just implement everything what people want, so software development does not work ... But it works with agile planning - and then there are estimates and completion dates. That's all what people want ;) To know what is going on.

I am quite clear that you build a firmware here. It should be done properly and tested well. But ... 1 year? The Ronin-S is a great gimbal. But it would be more than desirable if you could finally use all the CREATE functions.
2019-6-5
Use props
AntFuji
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Come on DJI is there any update??
2019-6-11
Use props
Sebastiano_
lvl.1
Austria

Hey,

Also eagerly waiting for the firmware update adding support for Fujifilm XT3. Any news on the ETA?
2019-6-17
Use props
erikvphoto
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-20 19:55
Hi erikvphoto, sorry that I don't have a rough ETA at the moment, we will make the announcement in Forum once it is released, thanks for your patience.

Hi Mindy, It's been a couple months. Any updates on the firmware ETA for Fuji X-T3 support? Thank you
2019-6-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

erikvphoto Posted at 6-17 17:23
Hi Mindy, It's been a couple months. Any updates on the firmware ETA for Fuji X-T3 support? Thank you

Unfortunately, I still didn't get the ETA from our engineers, I will transfer your request and push them again.
2019-6-21
Use props
erikvphoto
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-21 03:36
Unfortunately, I still didn't get the ETA from our engineers, I will transfer your request and push them again.

Thank you! Looking forward to hearing back.
2019-6-23
Use props
David van Jaarsveld
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

Any sort of update about this update?
2019-7-8
Use props
Alps Lifee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6086 ft
United Kingdom

We need an XT3 update ASAP! everyone is going to zhiyun .. how much longer do we have to wait? 1 month? 2 months? 3? give us a rough estimate otherwise even i will be forced to sell the ronin s and i really love it but i need features too..
2019-7-8
Use props
federico3
lvl.1
Italy

Alps Lifee Posted at 7-8 09:50
We need an XT3 update ASAP! everyone is going to zhiyun .. how much longer do we have to wait? 1 month? 2 months? 3? give us a rough estimate otherwise even i will be forced to sell the ronin s and i really love it but i need features too..

Why everyone is going to zhiyun, are their ginbals fuji compatible?
2019-7-9
Use props
moe_iq1
New

waiting for the firmware update for Fuji X-T3
2019-7-12
Use props
Dextera
lvl.1
Austria

Bought the S a few weeks ago - and now the SC for mirrorless cams release ... WITH support for the Fuji
2019-7-17
Use props
slev
lvl.1
United States

With the SC supporting Fujifilm, when can we expect the long awaited firmware update for the bigger brother Ronin S to support FF cameras?
2019-7-17
Use props
David van Jaarsveld
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

I read on the list that the SC support can only take pictures with the X-T3. If you can't even start/stop video, I'm really confused about what the word support means.
2019-7-17
Use props
Spaky
lvl.3
Italy

Agree with all the latest requests, new Ronin SC already support Fujifilm camera (I'm on the X-T3 as most of the people), so I've the following questions:

- when will be released a new firmware update for the standard Ronin S?
- can we assume that if, for now, the support for Fujifilm is only to take pictures we will have very soon also (the most important) start/stop video?

I'm sure we all realize that Fuji is selling very well most of the current mirrorless on the market, so you SHOULD full support those camera as Sony or others.

Thanks for your time and efforts
2019-7-18
Use props
Dextera
lvl.1
Austria

"we will transfer you request"
> new drone released
"we will push it to the engineers"
> new roboter released
"they are still working on it"
> new Gimbal WITH Fuji Support release
"please wait patiently"

I also read these promises - so I also bought one. Well. Let's wait for the next big release ...

Greeting,
a software developer whose planning is complete for the entire year
2019-7-18
Use props
Spaky
lvl.3
Italy

I only hope that DJI will not wait to update the Ronin S firmware with Fuji support till the first Ronin SC sales figures, maybe they would like to push the new one...in any case is unacceptable to have this long wait
2019-7-19
Use props
David van Jaarsveld
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

I have bought the Ronin SC and the support with the X-T3 is indeed limited to taking a photo (with a bit of lag). But who wants to take pictures with a gimbal? And if you want to use the buttons on the camera, you have to put the gimbal to sleep? Worst of all.. Video recording is not supported, it does nothing at all.

So was the Fujifilm support just a bad joke or is there any real support coming up?
2019-7-20
Use props
DGBarar
Captain
  • >>>
United States

David van Jaarsveld Posted at 7-20 13:28
I have bought the Ronin SC and the support with the X-T3 is indeed limited to taking a photo (with a bit of lag). But who wants to take pictures with a gimbal? And if you want to use the buttons on the camera, you have to put the gimbal to sleep? Worst of all.. Video recording is not supported, it does nothing at all.

So was the Fujifilm support just a bad joke or is there any real support coming up?

Was it a bad joke?  I don't think so.  Most likely a pre-mature comment by forum administrators and an underestimation of the difficulty in supporting the X-T3.  Seems to me if DJI could easily implement video support of the X-T3 they would have done so with the release of the SC.  Most likely support of the X-T3 with the S or or the SC will not happen in the near future or at all.  Hope that I am wrong.

I own an X-T3 and a Ronin S.  I am satisfied with the performance of the S even if DJI never releases video support for the X-T3.  Maybe the next iteration of the product or some other brand.

Don Barar
2019-7-21
Use props
DJI-Paul
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Fuji would need to allow control of REC start/stop in their SDK. It currently doesn't exist. If it did, we would have implemented it.
2019-7-21
Use props
David van Jaarsveld
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

Thank you Paul for the information. It's a shame that we got our hopes up the last few months, thinking that we could start/stop recording and all that, but it is what it is.
2019-7-21
Use props
Spaky
lvl.3
Italy

DJI-Paul Posted at 7-21 20:03
Fuji would need to allow control of REC start/stop in their SDK. It currently doesn't exist. If it did, we would have implemented it.

Please try to be more professional and serious, maybe peoples who never had a contact with software development or so could be confused, but not all of us. We know that all is possible, simply cooperate, it's a matter of customer satisfaction on both fronts.

YOU are a big company with big products and strong market sales, Fuji the same. Fuji has an excellent track history about software updates so just try to speak each other and agree on API methods needed to implement it.

It's not up to end users but to serious company to give us the best and right experience.

Waiting for a better answer than the last one you gave us.

Thanks for your support and attention.
2019-7-22
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules