Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anyone guessed when new firmware 500 will be released for the MA?
123Next >
5975 87 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brantel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

Poit Posted at 2018-6-8 05:38
Mine flew perfect with .200 when I got it.  Then updated to .400 and now I'm not risking flying it until next update.   The gimbal is turning on the yaw ever so slowly but enough for it to be noticeable in the video.  The drone also almost fell out of the sky when breaking from sport mode.  Please release the next update or just a rollback!

It’s not the gimbal, it’s the drone.  The reports for this keep rolling in.  Please contact support and open a case to help us make sure DJI understands the impact of this bug.

A USA based support manager has confirmed that DJI knows about it and that they are working on a fix but the more people that are having the issue and report it, the better for getting it fixed.

2018-6-8
Use props
Nickel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 402175 ft
United Kingdom

And still we wait!!!
2018-6-14
Use props
fans0a28c148
lvl.3
Flight distance : 58077 ft
Latvia

I have been experiencing different kind of glitches after upgrading to the latest firmware as well. The drone is drifting to the side sometimes. One time it felt like it is blown away, is fighting by high wind, but there was almost no wind at all. Sometimes everything goes rather smooth but still the sound of motors and propellers is not the same.  I have calibrated everything, reset and refreshed firmware / software several times.
DJI please let us downgrade to the previous firmware if you are not able to release a fix! I'm 100% sure that it is firmware issue as the problems begun right after the upgrade.
It is not comfortable even dangerous to pilot a drone which behave unpredictable.
2018-6-14
Use props
Tadango
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Netherlands

.400 works great here. No need for an update
2018-6-14
Use props
WayneMHK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tadango Posted at 2018-6-14 07:06
.400 works great here. No need for an update

You're one of the lucky ones.  Don't rub it in.
2018-6-14
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1290892 ft
Bulgaria

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-5 15:24
Of course they know of this problem that’s what the moderators are here for,

I don't know, why are you here?
2018-6-14
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

I do not have any specialization in the technical field.

As I wrote in another post, I believe that these problems are caused by the diversity of components (manufacturers).

Because the firmware is generic, some components supplied in a given series/year may be more sensitive or may malfunction.

I think that's why some MAVICs work well and some do not.
2018-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nikolay S Donev Posted at 2018-6-14 07:28
I don't know, why are you here?

And why are you here ?
2018-6-14
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1290892 ft
Bulgaria

To say I love you
2018-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I thought there was a good reason alright.
2018-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I thought there was a good reason alright.
2018-6-15
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Brazil

I think @hallmark007 will be more beloved of this forum.

PS.: I love you too @hallmark007 // If Trump and Kim Jong Youn can, why not us?

2018-6-15
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Captain
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Another week gone by
2018-6-15
Use props
North Idaho Guy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-6-14 07:33
I believe that these problems are caused by the diversity of components (manufacturers).

Agreed,

Apart from an issue being FW regionally specific (it appears too far spread however) due to DJI’s fly constraints around the world as I do believe DJI has to accommodate specific rules and reg’s with specific regionally FW’s

It also could be.........During MA's production runs, their purchasing dept brought in/allowed in IC's that manufacturing ran where the chip changed die’s or something, a rev/production lot numbers changed and a change(this) happened mid run (hence first run MA's seem ok, mine). A tolerance that DJI might have designed within slipped out of a window somewhere somehow due to a inadvertant IC change.

Sometimes with mixed batchs of a certain "SAME" IC as in the proposed above case, some of them won’t run properly under the exact same or similar code/s that the others do/did during beta testing.

I say this only because I used to work in sustaining engineering and dealt with this a few times in my life. I’m not saying it is happening with DJI specifically, just saying it happens and it’s happened to me a few times.

If this or similar is the case, eng is trying (hence the loooong silence at this point) to indentify what chip/s rev/lot #’s isn't working properly under this and/or the various latest FW’s, how many went out the door and are looking to either re-write the FW so it globally is compatible with all the chips OR…..

Perhaps the chips are simply bad and are too far out of spec and won't run properly under ANY code. In this last case, there most likely is no work-around and they have a BIG problem!! They'll have to recall and replace all of them and someone in purchasing gets fired........

Total guess however, perhaps it's all pilot error.

2018-6-15
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.3
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

North Idaho Guy Posted at 2018-6-15 06:19
Agreed,
Apart from an issue being FW regionally specific (it appears too far spread however) due to DJI’s fly constraints around the world as I do believe DJI has to accommodate specific rules and reg’s with specific regionally FW’s
It also could be.........During MA's production runs, their purchasing dept brought in/allowed in IC's that manufacturing ran where the chip changed die’s or something, a rev/production lot numbers changed and a changed happened mid run (hence first run MA's seem ok, mine). A tolerance that DJI might have designed within slipped out of a window somewhere somehow due to a inadvertant IC change.

An engineer friend of mine has run into this problem with some of the things he designs and builds and your assumption about this being the case here is probably correct. They just do not want to say..
2018-6-15
Use props
North Idaho Guy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Like I said, IDK for sure, I just write embedded code as a computer/electronics engineer and make a living doing so, I have designed many systems that run on embedded FW and deal with this on occasion as such. Purchasing always has to get a go-ahead (or at least alert design eng) from the designers before changing manu's, lot #'s, date codes, rev's or even vendors in some cases.  

The tollkeepers "manu engineering and QA" should have got this stopped  before it even happened, if it happened.

So again, just all guesses guesses, might be nothing, could just be outliers on the bell curve.

2018-6-15
Use props
WayneMHK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

North Idaho Guy Posted at 2018-6-15 06:19
Agreed,
It also could be.........During MA's production runs, their purchasing dept brought in/allowed in IC's that manufacturing ran where the chip changed die’s or something, a rev/production lot numbers changed and a change(this) happened mid run (hence first run MA's seem ok, mine). A tolerance that DJI might have designed within slipped out of a window somewhere somehow due to a inadvertant IC change.

"Perhaps the chips are simply bad and are too far out of spec and won't run properly under ANY code. .."

Except most of these worked fine before .0400.  Then it's like it gained "reveries" and started having a mind of its own.  It can be more than a little unnerving.
2018-6-15
Use props
North Idaho Guy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-6-15 11:04
Except most of these worked fine before .0400.  Then it's like it gained "reveries" and started having a mind of its own.  It can be more than a little unnerving.

Very valid point.......Or they were just simply marginal at best and the new upgrade/new demands on the chips internal resources took them (the proposed suspect devices) over their hairy edge? Stack overflow!! Perhaps even damaging things such that there is no going back........Hmmmm, the plot thickens.

Going backwards(or trying) a rev (and/or viewing chip date codes) c/would  be a tell-tale but, DJI's engs holds that key/answer........Again, just guessing, maybe there isn't an issue at all.

2018-6-15
Use props
djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c
First Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

Personally I think DJI thinks there's nothing wrong with the 400 firmware and that most of the complaints are due to operator error or possibly some aircrafts that have problems, otherwise they would have done something by now. If they make changes it may not even correct some of the problems people are describing here. I know my MA is a pretty good unit, however I can say that the yaw movement to the left at the start was definitely not there before, and the stability of the aircraft is not the same as with the past firmware. I also believe the camera quality has gone down a bit, I'm getting less sharp pictures than I did with the previous firmware. I still fly my MA and I still feel pretty safe with it, but there are certainly problems that need to be addressed.
2018-6-15
Use props
OnlyDarkness
lvl.1
Flight distance : 195371 ft
Argentina

On Tuesday im buying a Mavic Air on Argentina.  Do you guys recommend me not to upgrade the firmware that will come in the drone? Thanks for your help.
2018-6-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Scoobywrx05 Posted at 2018-6-15 07:17
An engineer friend of mine has run into this problem with some of the things he designs and builds and your assumption about this being the case here is probably correct. They just do not want to say..

Seen a problem with chips having long-term memory failure.  When they were supposed to remember till power down.  Temporary workaround was change OS to update those chips before they forgot.  Final solution replace modules with dementia chips.
2018-6-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

OnlyDarkness Posted at 2018-6-15 12:51
On Tuesday im buying a Mavic Air on Argentina.  Do you guys recommend me not to upgrade the firmware that will come in the drone? Thanks for your help.

If you do upgrade firmware, I would not recommend upgrading firmware to .0400 at this time.
2018-6-15
Use props
djiuser_7Po6Lb6BFp30
Captain
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

I AM FROM SOUTH AFRICA, AND THE FIRMWARE LEFT MY DRONE USELESS. THE RC AND MA DOES NOT EVEN CONNECT OR LINK. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING POSSIBLE AND READ ALL THE DO,S AND DON,TS ON SEVERAL FORUMS FOR DJI, BUT STILL THE DRONE IS GROUNDED. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF WAITING. WORKED PERFECTLY BEFORE THE UPDATE, SO ROLLBACK OR ANY OTHER FIX NEEDED.....
BS TO PAY FOR A PRODUCT, AND DJI BREAKS THEIR OWN PRODUCT WITH UN WORKABLE SOFTWARE..........
IF IT WORKED FOR YOU, WONDERFUL, BUT I PAID FOR THE PRODUCT, JUST AS EVERYONE ELSE, EXPECT MINE TO FLY AS WELL...................
2018-6-15
Use props
cspain
First Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

So the Autel Evo release date was finally announced (there are already YouTube reviews), and just before that the Parrot Anafi was announced (also already reviews out there). Added to that DJI is announcing a new product on  July 18th (https://dronedj.com/2018/06/15/d ... pro-2-announcement/) so I think we are not a priority for them right now.
2018-6-15
Use props
Charissa
Captain
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Anafi looks like a good option if DJI can,t sort out the MA firmware. 21mp camera, more options for photography. True 4k.......
2018-6-16
Use props
AirMancer
lvl.1
Turkey

I've been on holiday for 4 days and I was really excited to fly my Mavic Air in this new area. But I was really frustrated when I lost connection with my MA in a 400m distance (I used to reach 3.5+ kms without having any connection issue before upgrading to 400). Dear DJI, if you are listening to your customers' call, either let us roll back to 300 or release the 500 FW update ASAP.
2018-6-16
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.3
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

OnlyDarkness Posted at 2018-6-15 12:51
On Tuesday im buying a Mavic Air on Argentina.  Do you guys recommend me not to upgrade the firmware that will come in the drone? Thanks for your help.

I DO NOT recommend you even buying one.
2018-6-16
Use props
Mr. Commonsense
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45226 ft

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-5 09:09
Again more meaningless platitudes and insincere apologies, I'm sick of this...

It's obvious you don't care about your customers, given the fact your opening question was answered in the subject line of the post, showing your ignorance and lack of caring, so at the very release re-release Firmware .0300 so we can roll back our drones and start flying again!

Unfortunately companies like this demand transparency from its patrons but refuse to submit transparency themselves....
Personally I am disappointed in dji with their attitude, but as is so very often with big companies they only care about money and profit, not about the legitimate concerns of their customers
2018-6-16
Use props
cspain
First Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

They're putting out the Mavic 2 on July 18th, so maybe sometime after that?
2018-6-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

cspain Posted at 2018-6-17 20:04
They're putting out the Mavic 2 on July 18th, so maybe sometime after that?

If that is what is causing problems with getting next version of firmware out, then it won't make any difference after 7/18.   They will be on to something else.
2018-6-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-6-16 03:45
Anafi looks like a good option if DJI can,t sort out the MA firmware. 21mp camera, more options for photography. True 4k.......

DJI didn't need to sort out the MA firmware problems.  All they had to do was provide a way to rollback to .0300 or re-issue .0400 stripped of code changes that brought about the problems.  Call it .0410.
2018-6-17
Use props
North Idaho Guy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Maybe they scuttled the Air with .400 on purpose? Hmmmm, one way update, take perfomance down a notch or two, shave just a little here and little there, not too much though!! Drag our feet just a bit, let things build up.....And perhaps on the flip side, driving up, just a little, the need for something newer, better, faster. And best of all for DJI, it costs more than the seems now growing ulgier duckling MA. Higher list $$$$$ on new products translates up to the top.

Timing is everything in this game especially with a new building mortgage coming up...........Ahhh just a crazy theory buuuuuut, I wonder, if rev .500 shows up after sales peak and have leveled off on this new flag ship coming, perhaps this theory is not such a stretch after all?......Of course, this is only if there is problem/s with .400

Perhpas there are no problems, oh wait.......Other then the one just an hour ago where my Air, (which I thought was more or less ok) went veerying off to a hard left, normal pre-flight checks and just after take off. Had a full compliment of sats before left the ground, was in GPS mode, no wind and with both perfectly straight forward sticks........No worries though, just slowed down a bit and got off the sticks. Came back around, took same path out, same climb rate etc., etc. and it never happened again.

Just sorta did this on its own though, its never done this before and it took me back a bit........Dang near hit the Harley Davidson dudes tree!!!       

So here goes, i'll say it..........I really like the way my MPP flys, I love it...It's sooo smooth and refined, nothing like it, flies like a dream and I want either another one or one just like it or something better, that is now that the MA just ain't cutting it...........SUCKER!!

2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi all, I understand your concerns, and would like to have more details of the issues you mentioned. With details and data, our engineers can locate the exact reason and see whether it can be fixed by the firmware update or similar. Hope for your understanding.
For those who have troubles of the firmware v01.00.0400, please kindly refer below for further assistance:
1. The main issue you experienced:
2. How often does the issue appear:
3. What troubleshooting you have tried:
4. Issue pictures or video:
5. Corresponding flight logs(if any):
I'll collect regularly and forward to our engineers for review. Appreciate your feedback.

2018-7-12
Use props
Airlord
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38048 ft
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-12 23:28
Hi all, I understand your concerns, and would like to have more details of the issues you mentioned. With details and data, our engineers can locate the exact reason and see whether it can be fixed by the firmware update or similar. Hope for your understanding.
For those who have troubles of the firmware v01.00.0400, please kindly refer below for further assistance:

DJI kick your Ass and release the 500 whitout Bugs.

The Time is more than over!!!!!!!!
2018-7-12
Use props
thebmv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112940 ft
Belarus

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-5 07:02
Hello,

As of the moment, DJI is still upgrading our system and we don't have a specific date when our software will be released by our Engineers. We will notify you directly in your app or you can check it directly on our website.

So what is the working model then if there are no specific release dates? You'd better not to tell such things to your direct users)))
That looks like you have 1-2 developers-students who do this as a hobby after hours. Not hopefull at all.
Hope you reconsider your relation to this and will be more specific in future because for now I cannot say that if I knew all this I buy my MA
2018-7-13
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-12 23:28

DJI kick your Ass and release the 500 without Bugs.

The Time is more than over!!!!!!!!

(Thanks Airlord #74)
2018-7-13
Use props
Kapakas
New
Norway

Another month gone with no conclusions. How many flight logs do they need to address the problems and release a new FW?
2018-8-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Kapakas Posted at 2018-8-11 15:42
Another month gone with no conclusions. How many flight logs do they need to address the problems and release a new FW?

It has only been 100 days................
2018-8-11
Use props
MavicEric
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6952 ft
Argentina

It’s a shame. I ran into issues with the firmware and the charger (it doesn’t work and they refused to replace it with a new one though it was a warranty case). This drone is very expensive and Customer Service is terrible. They don’t care about the customer at all. I hope they improve the app as soon as possible. Also, have you tried litchi? Do you recommend it? Thanks
2018-8-11
Use props
enriquefc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1019301 ft
Venezuela

You guys do realize they have a launch of Mavic 2 slated for the 23rd right? We Mavic Air owners will be lucky to get a FW that fixes the .400 issues by December.

They have everyone working on their new flagship product, timing sucked for us, simple as that.

E
2018-8-11
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules