Anyone guessed when new firmware 500 will be released for the MA?
123Next >
6216 86 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Good Day.

May I know what kind of Mavic series is this? Also, I would like to know what is your current firmware version.
2018-6-5
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2621982 ft
Slovakia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-5 06:04
Hi Good Day.

May I know what kind of Mavic series is this? Also, I would like to know what is your current firmware version.

I think from topic name: Dji mavic air - current Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0400
2018-6-5
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

Hi Good Day.

He like many of us are wondering when the fixed firmware for the Mavic Air will be out. It has been over a month now since your last release of the 400 firmware that crippled many of our drones and a number of us are getting tired of waiting. If your company is running into problems with a new firmware make the 300 firmware available for use please . Thank you.
2018-6-5
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Scoobywrx05 Posted at 2018-6-5 06:35
He like many of us are wondering when the fixed firmware for the Mavic Air will be out. It has been over a month now since your last release of the 400 firmware that crippled many of our drones and a number of us are getting tired of waiting. If your company is running into problems with a new firmware make the 300 firmware available for use please . Thank you.

Yeah, this DJI Admin's response doesn't give me much encouragement.
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Scoobywrx05 Posted at 2018-6-5 06:35

Hello,

As of the moment, DJI is still upgrading our system and we don't have a specific date when our software will be released by our Engineers. We will notify you directly in your app or you can check it directly on our website.
2018-6-5
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

Hi Good Day.

MA= Mavic Air
Current firmw = 1.00.0400
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

LookAt_Wictim Posted at 2018-6-5 06:25
I think from topic name: Dji mavic air - current Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0400

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification.
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-6-5 06:50
Yeah, this DJI Admin's response doesn't give me much encouragement.

We do apologize if you're experiencing inconvenience right now. I understand that you are interested in knowing what will be the next firmware version for Mavic air but as of this moment, we do not have any information that we can provide for you. We will be informing you once new firmware version will be released.
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

TZero Posted at 2018-6-5 07:33
MA= Mavic Air
Current firmw = 1.00.0400

We do apologize if you're experiencing inconvenience right now. I understand that you are interested in knowing what will be the next firmware version for Mavic air but as of this moment, we do not have any information that we can provide for you. We will be informing you once new firmware version will be released.
2018-6-5
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

TZero, which of the issues is your MA experiencing?  I suffered from the yaw right to left, poor image quality transmission and loss of distance.
I've been able to correct my issues, and my Mavic is flying well again. (still using the .400 FW)
2018-6-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Anyone guessed when new firmware 500 will be released for the MA?

Possibly, maybe, likelyhood, chance of sometime before Mavic 2 is released.  If I am correct, do I win a prize?

Who knows.  Question is: Will said release solve most of issues reported after people ugprade to firmware .400?

2018-6-5
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

3-D Posted at 2018-6-5 07:57
TZero, which of the issues is your MA experiencing?  I suffered from the yaw right to left, poor image quality transmission and loss of distance.
I've been able to correct my issues, and my Mavic is flying well again. (still using the .400 FW)

It's easier to say what did not get worse after 400.

By 300 my MA was behaving optimally.
After 400, poor live video reception, image delay or lag, signal loss, compass calibration, compass calibration and more compass calibration ....

I have never reinstalled and reconfigured so many times the same firmware, remote control, DJI GO, etc.

Neither pray hard nor marijuana solved
2018-6-5
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-6-5 08:34

so after i refreshed the 2nd time, the yaw and stability problems went away.

I also found that my DJI Assistant was not the latest version.  Once I updated the Assistant, I found that my Remote controller was not actually updated.  (although I thought it had been).  I ran the update on the controller again (from the assistant), and then refreshed everything again.
My image quality only got better after completely getting rid of the app and loading the newest version of DJI Go4.
I think that (of course along with giving us a new firmware) that DJI needs to revisit the requirements for the device that runs DJI Go4.  I use a NOTE 4 Edge.  The Note4 is on the compatibility list, but i've found that it is struggling.  I used my Pixel XL for a moment, and the video lag was gone.  I won't use my Pixel XL normally because it is my normal device, and since i'm out alone a lot, i like to have that available to make calls/answer calls if i need to without shutting down the app and taking it out of the controller.

I hope you can get yours working again the way I have.  It REALLY sucks to have such a great machine that is effectively grounded.
2018-6-5
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-5 07:53
We do apologize if you're experiencing inconvenience right now. I understand that you are interested in knowing what will be the next firmware version for Mavic air but as of this moment, we do not have any information that we can provide for you. We will be informing you once new firmware version will be released.

Again more meaningless platitudes and insincere apologies, I'm sick of this...

It's obvious you don't care about your customers, given the fact your opening question was answered in the subject line of the post, showing your ignorance and lack of caring, so at the very release re-release Firmware .0300 so we can roll back our drones and start flying again!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!
2018-6-5
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-5 07:02
Hello,

As of the moment, DJI is still upgrading our system and we don't have a specific date when our software will be released by our Engineers. We will notify you directly in your app or you can check it directly on our website.

Thank you for the reply. I have started my own digging into finding out an answer to this question since it seems they will not tell any of you. It’s not your fault and I do not blame you but your company inter communication is terrible to say the least and should be looked at as a place to improve in the future. Thank you for your time.
2018-6-5
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-6-5 08:34

"I have never reinstalled and reconfigured so many times the same firmware, remote control, DJI GO, etc."

I even re-flashed my iPad on top of all that......to no avail.  DJI products are pretty amazing, and I've never had an issue with an update before, but this one needs fixed ASAP.
2018-6-5
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
United States

Dji hq has been contacted and made aware of this thread and a number of others and the problems surrounding this firmware. I will let you all know what I hear back. Maybe a little while because of the time differences but looking forward to some kind of resolution to this problem that has crippled many of our drones.
2018-6-5
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

I apologize for repeating.

I honestly do not understand what could be so serious about firmw 300 that DJI prevents rollback (400 to 300) until new firmware comes out
2018-6-5
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Scoobywrx05 Posted at 2018-6-5 10:49
Dji hq has been contacted and made aware of this thread and a number of others and the problems surrounding this firmware. I will let you all know what I hear back. Maybe a little while because of the time differences but looking forward to some kind of resolution to this problem that has crippled many of our drones.

How did you contact DJI HQ? Are you a DJI employee or customer?

At this point DJI just needs to allow rollback to .0300, as .0400 has too many issues with a growing number of pilots, and it's causing more and more MA's to get grounded, and p__s off their pilots, myself included!
2018-6-5
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

TZero Posted at 2018-6-5 12:35
I apologize for repeating.

I honestly do not understand what could be so serious about firmw 300 that DJI prevents rollback (400 to 300) until new firmware comes out

I would love to know as well, as their inaction has been unforgivable at this point.

Give us .0300, or get your act together and release .0500 (or whatever the build number may be) already!!!
2018-6-5
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-5 12:54
How did you contact DJI HQ? Are you a DJI employee or customer?

At this point DJI just needs to allow rollback to .0300, as .0400 has too many issues with a growing number of pilots, and it's causing more and more MA's to get grounded, and p__s off their pilots, myself included!

I just know the right people to talk to. I’ll leave it at that.  I gave the people here a chance to figure out what was going on and a reply back to the issues to no avail so I guess I have to do this myself.
2018-6-5
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Scoobywrx05 Posted at 2018-6-5 13:49
I just know the right people to talk to. I’ll leave it at that.  I gave the people here a chance to figure out what was going on and a reply back to the issues to no avail so I guess I have to do this myself.

Glad to hear you have someone within DJI to whom you can bring this to their attention! This has gone on long enough, and even those who seem to jump to DJI's defence, or attempt to water-down the severity of the issues with their posts shouldn't be allowed to succeed, as DJI needs to be held accountable and forced to take action.

Here's hoping something will move on this, and soon!
2018-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Scoobywrx05 Posted at 2018-6-5 10:49

Of course they know of this problem that’s what the moderators are here for,
2018-6-5
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-5 15:24
Of course they know of this problem that’s what the moderators are here for,

Not always the case I found out long ago. Even the person I talked to today didn’t even know there have been problems and he/they are usually on top of stuff like this.
2018-6-5
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Australia

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-5 09:09
Again more meaningless platitudes and insincere apologies, I'm sick of this...

It's obvious you don't care about your customers, given the fact your opening question was answered in the subject line of the post, showing your ignorance and lack of caring, so at the very release re-release Firmware .0300 so we can roll back our drones and start flying again!

You must be new to DJI. DJI released some failware (v02.00.0106) for the Phantom 4 upon which most people stopped flying it because the firmware was so dangerous. The forums were alight with tonnes of users stating major safety issues such as the craft being too unstable and unpredictable to fly safely. It took DJI almost 7 months to release firmware to fix the issue. Oh, and at no point did they provide any avenue for users to downgrade to the previously stable firmware.
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Scoobywrx05 Posted at 2018-6-5 17:54
Not always the case I found out long ago. Even the person I talked to today didn’t even know there have been problems and he/they are usually on top of stuff like this.

I think part of there job is to report all problems, if your guy didn’t know anything about it he who usually knows these things, it should tell you that the problem may not be as big as others are trying to portray.
2018-6-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

gyrex Posted at 2018-6-6 03:30
You must be new to DJI. DJI released some failware (v02.00.0106) for the Phantom 4 upon which most people stopped flying it because the firmware was so dangerous. The forums were alight with tonnes of users stating major safety issues such as the craft being too unstable and unpredictable to fly safely. It took DJI almost 7 months to release firmware to fix the issue. Oh, and at no point did they provide any avenue for users to downgrade to the previously stable firmware.

Oh, wonderful... And how long ago did the P4 get released?

Guess those "engineers" at DJI haven't learnt their lessons, as they seem to be repeating it over and over again.

And once again, does NOT inspire any of my confidence in their company.
2018-6-6
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 03:37
I think part of there job is to report all problems, if your guy didn’t know anything about it he who usually knows these things, it should tell you that the problem may not be as big as others are trying to portray.

That is it. I do not think it is a huge problem also there are a number of people that haven’t even noticed. Some it may be their first drone and they think its normal operation. I do not think I’ve seen one person from the UK area complain about having problems. It is a part of their job to report it I’m guessing, maybe some do maybe some don’t, maybe some don’t give a crap. Dji is not very transparent in what they do and never will be because they are a China based company.
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Scoobywrx05 Posted at 2018-6-6 10:16
That is it. I do not think it is a huge problem also there are a number of people that haven’t even noticed. Some it may be their first drone and they think its normal operation. I do not think I’ve seen one person from the UK area complain about having problems. It is a part of their job to report it I’m guessing, maybe some do maybe some don’t, maybe some don’t give a crap. Dji is not very transparent in what they do and never will be because they are a China based company.

I wouldn’t cast aspersions on Chinese companies, there are many US companies who also don’t operate strictly to the needs of their customers leaving many of their customers high and dry, we only have to look back 8 years to the world financial crisis.dji are a private not public company, with over 80% of the world drone market, it would have to be said that they must be doing something right to have captured so many customers and fought off nearly all competitors.

As regards Uk Customer yes there are some, one very prominent on this forum. I take it your friend at dji has also not come back toyou with any information, if he does post here.
2018-6-6
Use props
Nickel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402175 ft
United Kingdom

DJI just release a roll back firmware!!!
2018-6-6
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

We can rollback to 300 now?
2018-6-7
Use props
Lifescaner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3091 ft
Germany

Nickel Posted at 2018-6-6 23:53
DJI just release a roll back firmware!!!

Hi Nickel,
i startet Assistant 2.0 and cant find a Rollback Option.
Please tell us how to do a Rollback.

thanks in advance
Roger
2018-6-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Lifescaner Posted at 2018-6-7 01:58
Hi Nickel,
i startet Assistant 2.0 and cant find a Rollback Option.
Please tell us how to do a Rollback.

Don’t think there is a roll back, he was just looking for one.
2018-6-7
Use props
Lifescaner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3091 ft
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-7 02:13
Don’t think there is a roll back, he was just looking for one.

sadly i understand his Post.
2018-6-7
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

#31 NICKEL;

from where you know this with roll back?
It is definately possible?
You checked it?????
2018-6-7
Use props
Mikem691
Second Officer
Flight distance : 247474 ft

Heavenone Posted at 2018-6-7 03:55
#31 NICKEL;

from where you know this with roll back?

He is stating what DJI should do. Not that there is a roll back.
2018-6-7
Use props
Nickel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402175 ft
United Kingdom

Yes.
If they can’t sort out the problem sooner rather than later, then give us the option to go back to the previous firmware in the meantime.
At least then we can fly without worrying about losing our bloody drones.
When your drone flies perfectly it is always a relief when your baby returns in one piece.
2018-6-7
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106552 ft
France

DJI WE WANT ROLLBACK NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2018-6-7
Use props
Poit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132700 ft
Norway

Mine flew perfect with .200 when I got it.  Then updated to .400 and now I'm not risking flying it until next update.   The gimbal is turning on the yaw ever so slowly but enough for it to be noticeable in the video.  The drone also almost fell out of the sky when breaking from sport mode.  Please release the next update or just a rollback!
2018-6-8
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules