P3S European warranty
875 9 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Baba7874
lvl.1

Hello,
Today I have a P3S that is soon two years old.
But I had a problem with my drone recently. My drone being in perfect condition, I wanted to put it in repair knowing that the warranty is still valid.

Indeed, all the conditions are met so that my drone is always under warranty. But the repairer contacted me recently, saying no.
So I asked him for explanations and he simply told me that the drone came from China and therefore that the warranty could not apply.

I ordered my drone in Europe with Amazon France, received my drone on French territory.
I don't have information about the location of the original sender, just that it was via amazon France.

The repairman told me that the drone had a Chinese registration number and that the warranty is not valid.
Today I don't know what to do and I end up with significant costs to do on the drone (aproxymativly 200€).

It is normal?
I hope you can inform me more.
Thank you for your help.
Regards Baba7874
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry for the trouble. Do you have the case ID so that I can check it here on my end? Thank you.
2018-6-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Normally DJI only would have up to one year warranty, if you think you have two years warranty (EU) you should aim the request to the seller and not DJI i think.

What issues do you have?

Best luck.
2018-6-5
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

DJi gives a maximum of one year warranty - and only on select parts of the drone. E.g. batteries have only 6 months warranty.
The condition of your drone doesn't matter. Nor does it matter how much or if it has ever been flown.
Only thing that matters: Date of activation. Once you activate, the clock is ticking....

2018-6-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-5 12:12
DJi gives a maximum of one year warranty - and only on select parts of the drone. E.g. batteries have only 6 months warranty.
The condition of your drone doesn't matter. Nor does it matter how much or if it has ever been flown.
Only thing that matters: Date of activation. Once you activate, the clock is ticking....

"Only thing that matters: Date of activation. Once you activate, the clock is ticking...."
They have changed that some months back, now it is the date of purchase that counts. I even think they would claim this for items bought before they changed but not sure they can do that, if they stand to that it is certainly immoral behavior.

Edit: It is the date of receivement that start the clock, so bought in a store it start when you leave the store, bought online it is when package arive.

2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, since we didn't get your case number via you Forum account, could you please post your case number here so that we could check more details and make it clear?
Like KedDK said, the warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered.
2018-6-5
Use props
Baba7874
lvl.1

In first, thank you very much for your answers.

Here is the ID of my drone: P5AJDD13010486
Drone bought on amazon France and not really any information about the origin of the drone.

The problem of my drone  is that for some time I cannot use the camera, or even to have a video feedback.
According to the repairer, this is a connection problem with the wifi transmitter that manages the video transmission (in the drone).

Thank you again for your help.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Baba7874 Posted at 2018-6-6 09:41
In first, thank you very much for your answers.

Here is the ID of my drone: P5AJDD13010486

I've checked the SN you offered, and sorry tell you that the unit should be only available in China Mainland market. For this kind of situation, we're afraid that we cannot offer your warranty service in EU.
2018-6-7
Use props
Baba7874
lvl.1

Well, thanks for the information.
It only remains to me to discuss with amazon and determine the reason why it allowed to sell drones from china in Europe.
Thing that should be forbidden if I understand correctly.

Thank you.
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Baba7874 Posted at 2018-6-7 06:11
Well, thanks for the information.
It only remains to me to discuss with amazon and determine the reason why it allowed to sell drones from china in Europe.
Thing that should be forbidden if I understand correctly.

Hope Amazon can give you a feedback, if you need any assistance, please keep us updated.
2018-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules