Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any problems transporting a Mavic Pro on a bumpy boat ride?
1162 10 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
george_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183045 ft
Sweden

Hi team!

I'm going on a boat ride this weekend. Nothing special but there may be some high waves and we will be going with an Aquador 26 (26 feet long motor boat) that will do around 25 knots. So it can get a bit bumpy. Any risk of damaging the Mavic Pro during such a transport? I'm thinking mainly about the gimbal and the lens fixture in the camera lens housing. Anything can shift out of position from getting bumped around a bit? I will be transporting it in a Polarpro hardcase and will make sure the case will be securely tied down.

Regards
Georg
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. I understand that you going to have a boat ride this weekend. As long as the Mavic Pro is well secured in the case then it will be safe to carry it around.
2018-6-5
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-5 08:58
Good day. I understand that you going to have a boat ride this weekend. As long as the Mavic Pro is well secured in the case then it will be safe to carry it around.
Thanks for the reply!
And with "carry it around" you mean transport it on the boat?
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

george_007 Posted at 2018-6-5 09:04
Thanks for the reply!
And with "carry it around" you mean transport it on the boat?

Yes.
2018-6-5
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Sweden

Thanks Stephen!
2018-6-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just don’t drop it in the water,  it be fine!  These things are robust!   I nearly have 1000 miles of flight clocked in my Mavic Pro, and viberations from a bumpy ride on a boat is one of the last concerns I would have.  These are remarkably durable products.
2018-6-6
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

I would think as long as the gimbal clamp and cover are in place properly, you should be fine...
2018-6-6
Use props
Jay W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259462 ft
Singapore

Transporting the drone with all the clamps on should be fine.

Now.. taking the drone off from a bumpy boat will be another challenge altogether.
2018-6-6
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

The biggest concern would probably come from water coming into contact with your case, perhaps wetting your Mavic Pro? If you can wrap a plastic bag over your case just to be safe?
2018-6-6
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10279997 ft
Canada

even on my fishing trips with my Quad the drone is in a waterproof case and everything is well secured for one heck of a bumpy ride.
2018-6-6
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Sweden

Thanks for all the advice guys. I brought the Mavic and got some cool shots. :-)
2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules