5718 33 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daemon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1429104 ft

Hi folks,

Well, C1 and C2 stopped working.

They make bleep sound when clicked, but nothing happens on the Mavic.

What I have tried:

- reboot everything
- reconnect everything
- downgrade firmware to 1.04.0200
- upgrade it back again to the latest (1.04.0300)
- set C1/C2 to "Not defined", and then set them back to my actions
- set to "Fixed wing mode", just to further tilt the settings

Nothing works.

C1 and C2 are still dead.

There is no reason for them to be dead, I did not drop the controler or anything. They just died.

Is there any way to force firmware upgrade/reset of RC itself? DJI Assistant app does not recognise it if I plug it through USB.

Help please! =)
2018-6-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

it has something to do with the latest version of dji go4 as reported by other users with similar issues
2018-6-5
Use props
Daemon
lvl.1

Ah, so it's only a software bug, not dead remote? I was already browsing DJI store to get a fresh one ...
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for reaching this concern to us. May I know if you tried a different USB cable and connect it again using DJI assistant 2?
2018-6-5
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

You probably used POI mode right before right?  Refer to here.  It is a bug and a case is open with DJI about it.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-150560-1-1.html
2018-6-5
Use props
Daemon
lvl.1

@DJI Paladin – oh, I just used different cable and I managed to connect to Assistant. I have refreshed the firmware of RC now. C1/C2 still dead.

@ SparksBird – Actually yes, I used POI to shoot something, and after that C1/C2 died.
2018-6-5
Use props
Daemon
lvl.1

OK, it's the DJI GO 4 iPad app.

I have deleted the app, reinstalled it, and C1/C2 work again. Then I tried POI mode, that killed C1/C2 again. So I reinstalled the app while Mavic was in flight, since I'm flying in my back yard and have WiFi access, and that made C1/C2 work again.

So yeah, can we get the app fixed?
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Daemon Posted at 2018-6-5 12:01
OK, it's the DJI GO 4 iPad app.

I have deleted the app, reinstalled it, and C1/C2 work again. Then I tried POI mode, that killed C1/C2 again. So I reinstalled the app while Mavic was in flight, since I'm flying in my back yard and have WiFi access, and that made C1/C2 work again.

Thank you for your feedback, we will forward your concern to our R&D engineers, for the meantime, I would suggest using a different mobile device and check if we will get the same result.
2018-6-5
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-5 16:38
Thank you for your feedback, we will forward your concern to our R&D engineers, for the meantime, I would suggest using a different mobile device and check if we will get the same result.

I have an active case with DJI with this exact issue.  Appears to effect IOS not android.  What happens is after using POI the CI and C2 buttons no longer work.  I can just close out the app and open again but others claim that does not work and the only fix is reinstalling the app completely.  The Engineers are actively monitoring a thread I created about this issue.  Please forward to them also so more eyes can get on this and fix the issue.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-150560-1-1.html
2018-6-5
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Daemon,
SparksBird and I found this bug weeks ago. DJI hopefully is working on a fix.
I guess we just have to be patient.

Have you come across any other problems?
I had frame skipping while doing the POI and also RTH was off by about 3 feet.  
After the latest IOS update those 2 problems were solved.
2018-6-5
Use props
Daemon
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-5 16:38

Hi Tony.

Yep, I have tried my iPhone 8+ (latest iOS, as the iPad Mini I use normally). Same thing.
2018-6-5
Use props
Daemon
lvl.1

B1houdini Posted at 2018-6-5 17:39
Daemon,
SparksBird and I found this bug weeks ago. DJI hopefully is working on a fix.
I guess we just have to be patient.

Ooooo wait wait wait, I still have those issues.

I have had frame skipping during POI flights for a while now, but I never paid much attention to them as I just attributed those to some transmission glitch. I thought that either a buffer got full, or simply because POI flight sometimes takes drone rather far away (you know, flying circles, the far point of that circle can be more than 500 meters away from me). I simply dismissed it as some glitch.

And RTH is off as well. But that I dismissed as meaningless glitch as well, as I always found a way to justify this to myself. I took off from a tiled floor once with precision take off turned on, and on RTH drone landed 3-4 feet away. But I justified that because tiled floor looks sort of the same in every direction, you know, drone landed on something that looks the same anyway, because tiles are all the same. The same thing happened when I took off from a grassy field, but then again I was justifying this with "well grass all looks the same". I never attributed this to software bugs, I thought it's just some glitch.

The worrying thing here is that I am running the latest iOS and these glitches still happen. So it's not just iOS, it's probably DJO GO app, or even worse, firmware.

I am running the latest updates of everything, I'm the guy who updates stuff in the 1st hour of new software being released.

2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Daemon, just to verify, does the issue appear if disable to set to Fixed-wing mode? We've tested this feature at our end, but the issue does not occur. Would you mind uploading a short screen recording for further assistance? Thanks in advance!
2018-6-6
Use props
Daemon
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-6 00:01
Daemon, just to verify, does the issue appear if disable to set to Fixed-wing mode? We've tested this feature at our end, but the issue does not occur. Would you mind uploading a short screen recording for further assistance? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I am not sure exactly what you are aiming for. Just to get some clarity, this is what I have attempted as well:

- after PO flight C1 and  C2 die
- tinkering with any settings of C1 and C2 does not help (I set them to "No action" or any other thing, does not help)
- even when I set the aircraft to fixed wing mode, and this automatically sets C1 and C2 to toggle fixed wing mode, the buttons still do not work. They simply do not transmit the signal to the drone. The bleep sound is played, but no action is registered.

Reinstalling DJI GO 4 app fixes this, but flying in POI mode again messes it up.

Can you please clarify which exactly screenshot do you need, or how can I be of help in any way?
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Daemon Posted at 2018-6-6 00:43
Hi,

I am not sure exactly what you are aiming for. Just to get some clarity, this is what I have attempted as well:

I mean the screen recording. Make a short video of your operation and upload to Youtube or Dropbox, we'd like to forward to our engineers for further review. Appreciate your feedback.
2018-6-12
Use props
Daemon
lvl.1
Ireland

No problems.

I will do the whole thing today, showing you that it works, then breaking it in purpose through POI flight, and then fixing it by reinstalling the app.
2018-6-12
Use props
Daemon
lvl.1

Hi Susan,

here's the YouTube video:

Apologies for neighbour's baby in the background
2018-6-12
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
United States

Daemon Posted at 2018-6-12 11:34
Hi Susan,

Daemon,
Excellent explanation for the C1/C2 problem.
A lot of us have had it for weeks now.
Here is the Link about the C1/C2 problem
2018-6-12
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

Hi Susan,

Thanks for the video.  For sure an issue.  I still have a case open with DJI and waiting for additional feedback from them.  Their engineering team has confirmed it to be an issue so just waiting on feedback when the fix will be out for this.
2018-6-12
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-12 01:06
I mean the screen recording. Make a short video of your operation and upload to Youtube or Dropbox, we'd like to forward to our engineers for further review. Appreciate your feedback.

Hi DJI Susan.  Many have confirmed this to be an issue including myself and only happens with POI mode.  Any other recording it does not do this.  POI has some serious bug issues.  I have a case open with this and they have confirmed to be an issue.  Perhaps you can try and get an update from them on the progress of a fix.  Here is the thread I started that they have been tracking.  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=150560
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Susan,

Received with thanks! This will be forwarded to our engineers for further review. We'll come back as long as there is an update.
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-12 12:22
Hi DJI Susan.  Many have confirmed this to be an issue including myself and only happens with POI mode.  Any other recording it does not do this.  POI has some serious bug issues.  I have a case open with this and they have confirmed to be an issue.  Perhaps you can try and get an update from them on the progress of a fix.  Here is the thread I started that they have been tracking.  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=150560

Thanks for your kind reminder. I'm checking the exact status with our engineers and will come back later.
2018-6-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-15 02:41
Thanks for your kind reminder. I'm checking the exact status with our engineers and will come back later.

Thanks Susan as the issue is still happening on the Mavic Air using GO4 4.2.21 that updated yesterday on IOS.  
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

A CW Posted at 2018-6-15 02:46
Thanks Susan as the issue is still happening on the Mavic Air using GO4 4.2.21 that updated yesterday on IOS.

I just got an update from our engineers that this issue is estimated to be fixed in the next version V4.2.22. Our engineers are still working on this, we'll release as long as it is ready. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-6-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-20 00:21
I just got an update from our engineers that this issue is estimated to be fixed in the next version V4.2.22. Our engineers are still working on this, we'll release as long as it is ready. Appreciate your understanding.

Brilliant news - thanks for the update Susan
2018-6-20
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

Thanks for the update Susan.  
2018-6-20
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
United States

Susan,
Appreciate the update. Hopefully your engineers have the fix soon.
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

B1houdini Posted at 2018-6-20 07:49
Susan,
Appreciate the update. Hopefully your engineers have the fix soon.

I hope so.
2018-6-28
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

The update to DJI GO 4.2.22 on IOS has fixed the buttons not working after POI issue.  So upgrade.  I have just tested and works fine now.  
2018-6-29
Use props
Daemon
lvl.1

Yup, just installing it. I will test it, but if you say it fixes it, then I suppose we are good to go!

I also have this slight tingling sensation that I actually contributed to the solution, at least by reporting that I too have this glitch.
2018-6-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Daemon Posted at 2018-6-29 10:36
Yup, just installing it. I will test it, but if you say it fixes it, then I suppose we are good to go!

I also have this slight tingling sensation that I actually contributed to the solution, at least by reporting that I too have this glitch.

It fixed mine, all good again.
2018-7-1
Use props
OllieM2P-Aus
lvl.2
Australia

This has happened randomly to me recently on two different days. First time it stopped working then worked again in a few minutes. 2nd day it stopped working during flight and then didnt work for a few hours. I didn't do anything to do with POI mode. I dont use an iphone or android. I'm worried this is going to keep happening.
2019-5-18
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Daemon Posted at 2018-6-6 00:43
Hi,

Avoid wasting your time with DJI. Try to use the DJI mod app for your own safety !
2019-5-21
Use props
18wheels+Drones
New
Flight distance : 120036 ft
United States

The error still exists. After using poi mode the buttons stop working till you reinstall the dji app
2020-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules