Threads detailing SERIOUS issue with Mavic Air FW v01.00.0400
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-28 18:10
You really are the master of spindoctoring it seems, a very useful skill to have in the marketing and sales business, one which I believe you're either actually in, or will fall back on in case your whole drone flying business goes belly up from all the, how do you put it, disingenuous diatrabe you put out here and who knows where else.

News flash for you pal, I DID come out that my first MA had crashed, I DID post my logs up for examination, I DID contact DJI and open a support ticket that was met with canned, incoherent responses from their "support" team, and have NEVER hidden that fact, so you can just stop trying to make it seem like I'm being secretive and deceptive here. The only person who is behaving in such a manner is YOU, by trying to put words in my, and other's, mouths, moving the goal post every chance you get, and being a down right jerk, not knowing when to just STFU. The posts are on this forum for anyone to find and read, and if I'm not mistaken, is actually in one of the threads I linked in post 1 of this thread, so shove it!

So please spare us your lies and BS that I somehow neglected to mention I crashed a drone, and that was the likely reason my MA has been misbehaving, because that is a BALD FACED LIE, and YOU KNOW IT pal!

hallmark knows he is Lying.  He is counting on others reading thread to fall for it.   Issue for hallmark007's is his reputation for Lying, and making bogus statements is on record - even in this thread!

For example: hallmark007 - never seen a photo or video
2018-6-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-28 18:10
You really are the master of spindoctoring it seems, a very useful skill to have in the marketing and sales business, one which I believe you're either actually in, or will fall back on in case your whole drone flying business goes belly up from all the, how do you put it, disingenuous diatrabe you put out here and who knows where else.

News flash for you pal, I DID come out that my first MA had crashed, I DID post my logs up for examination, I DID contact DJI and open a support ticket that was met with canned, incoherent responses from their "support" team, and have NEVER hidden that fact, so you can just stop trying to make it seem like I'm being secretive and deceptive here. The only person who is behaving in such a manner is YOU, by trying to put words in my, and other's, mouths, moving the goal post every chance you get, and being a down right jerk, not knowing when to just STFU. The posts are on this forum for anyone to find and read, and if I'm not mistaken, is actually in one of the threads I linked in post 1 of this thread, so shove it!

Ok I suppose I will have to agree with you.

But just to clear up matters here, it would be very simple for you to put up the link where you say you uploaded the log of your crash. I believe this would be helpful and show all who are having problems with 0400, how and why this crash occurred.
I have searched for this link and cannot find it. I did find some log you put up where you had no problems except for .2 of second motor current warning but no crash log.

To many things being said here, but I’m sure when the link is put up it will help clear up matters.
2018-6-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-29 06:05

But just to clear up matters here, it would be very simple for you to put up the link where you say you uploaded the log of your crash. I believe this would be helpful and show all who are having problems with 0400, how and why this crash occurred.

But just to clear up matters here, it would be very simple for you to  put up the link where you say you uploaded the log of your crash.

No it won't.  Because I know you will point to something, then make endless Smoke Blowing claims that it means Pilot Error.

You have repeadetly shown yourself to be a liar, master of SPIN, deception, derailing, and twisting.  You clearly don't understand technical topics.  Your tried to convince people that Quadcopter drones like Maivcs fly like Airplanes, and throttle is used to go forwards and backwards.  When shown to be wrong, you spent countless posts twisting, and denying it.

This is yet another attempt by you to Trash Troll this Thread, by lame baiting.

2018-6-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-29 06:05

2018-6-29
Use props
Lifescaner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3091 ft
Germany

My simple mind told me:
A collection of threads with a problem in DJI Soft\Firmware in an official DJI Forum probably wakes up DJI's attention.

Greetings and sorry 4 my bad English
2018-6-29
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Lifescaner Posted at 2018-6-29 12:19
My simple mind told me:
A collection of threads with a problem in DJI Soft\Firmware in an official DJI Forum probably wakes up DJI's attention.

It seems it may already have...

Mavic Air - Live footage Lag and delay

I discovered a while ago that a resource leak in the latest DJI GO 4 app was causing the video transmission lag / disruptions, and also false-positive Strong Aircraft Interference signal errors, and in the linked thread above, DJI Thor seems to elude that the engineers have confirmed this is an issue with the app and are working to optimized the code.

So at least my vocal stance on all the issues with 0400 and DJI GO 4 have paid a few dividends and has forced DJI to take notice.

Hopefully it won’t be much longer before we see updates for the app, and the MA!
2018-6-29
Use props
Lifescaner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3091 ft
Germany

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-29 16:34

Thanks for the Link.
Now I can see little light at the end of the Tunnel.
2018-6-30
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

I would love for someone with a MA without any issues with slow yawing in hover or yaw glitches to please post a DAT file log off of your mobile device.

Directions on how to do that are here:

https://datfile.net/DatCon/retrieveV3DatfromTablet.html

Then if you could share the file via dropbox or google drive or whatever you use that would be awesome.
2018-6-30
Use props
The Otter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1031240 ft
France

Would have loved to do that, but my MA behave more and more like a paper airplane with each new flight...
2018-7-1
Use props
SBasso
lvl.3

Malta

Quick curiosity, what is this thread for?
as it's been over a month and the ADMs only say, I will contact the Engineer, wait patiently and bla bla bla...

Holy moly!
Its been over a month, how patient should we be?

The drone does not come cheap & we deserve some respect as customer.

If my drone crashes they will try to prove that was my fault but not the faulty FA.
In case they assume the problem, you stay without droning for at least 4 weeks - not mentioning the stress, and procedures to be followed.

I just wish I would never have upgraded it!
It's frustrating, my drone was a BEAST before!

NEVER AGAIN DJI!
2018-7-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-29 16:34

Of interest...

In fact, in the past weeks, our engineers had tested it many times, we couldn't repeat the issue of the transmission delay at our side, we had also provided some suggestions to the OP for troubleshooting, but the issue persists. Later, the engineers found out that it was about the DJI GO 4 app. We hope we can solve this issue for all users if it is related to the software or hardware issue of the drone and app.
2018-7-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

SBasso Posted at 2018-7-1 09:25
Quick curiosity, what is this thread for?
as it's been over a month and the ADMs only say, I will contact the Engineer, wait patiently and bla bla bla...

I just wish I would never have upgraded it!

Luckily for me, Mavic Pro .0300 firmware can be rolled back.  Saturday, I rolled Mavic Pro firmware back to .0100, from .0200.
Along with rolling back CrystalSky's software (OS & GO-4) back to V2630 (2.6.3.0) from V2660.

Only got in one quick test flight.  Mavic Pro seems to be back to way it was when new.  Stable and agile flight, with good live stream view on CrystalSky.

No more DJI software / firmware upgrades unless software / firmware can be rolled back, AND software / firmware brings a fix to major problem.

2018-7-2
Use props
BobUnplugged
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did not read all 11 pages of replies, but I looked to see if anyone posted this solution, but I didn't see it.

My Mavic AIR would not fly over 1 MPH after the firmware update.  And even though the DJI Go 4 app says you can't downgrade after the update, you CAN DOWNGRADE THE FIRMWARE USING DJI ASSISTANT 2 on your PC.  Make sure you download the latest version, as the older version will not recognize your Mavic AIR.
2018-7-2
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

Unfortunately it has not been resolved yet.

DJI-Forum.JPG

2018-7-2
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

BobUnplugged Posted at 2018-7-2 02:34
I did not read all 11 pages of replies, but I looked to see if anyone posted this solution, but I didn't see it.

My Mavic AIR would not fly over 1 MPH after the firmware update.  And even though the DJI Go 4 app says you can't downgrade after the update, you CAN DOWNGRADE THE FIRMWARE USING DJI ASSISTANT 2 on your PC.  Make sure you download the latest version, as the older version will not recognize your Mavic AIR.

Hi @BobUnplugged,

I’ve double-checked, and I do not see the ability to downgrade the MA to 0300 in DJI Assistant 2 1.2.4.

Can you elaborate how this is possible?
2018-7-2
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-2 11:38
Hi @BobUnplugged,

I’ve double-checked, and I do not see the ability to downgrade the MA to 0300 in DJI Assistant 2 1.2.4.

I believe he means he is on .0300 and was able to roll back to the older versions.

For me, I am waiting to see if there is a fix soon. I bought the MA new, and before I even flew it, I updated all firmwares... AND I thought the laggy stream was a result of WiFi based connection. My phantom 4 of course is lagless. Little did I know, this was an issue!
2018-7-2
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

TZero Posted at 2018-7-2 02:51
Unfortunately it has not been resolved yet.

[view_image]

So once again DJI put out an app “update” with a change log that is completely bereft of any useful information, and now it’s no surprise, since it seems they didn’t fix one of the most important issues!

Although I did hear from a few MP pilots they did resolve the POI and C1/C2 button issues...

DJI, how about you tell your “engineers” to spell out precisely what they “fix” in the app change log the next time you release an update, instead of forcing your customers to have to guess what’s actually been fixed and making us waste our time testing for fixes ourselves???

This is also really upsetting!!!
2018-7-2
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

I honestly think we should all stuff the official DJI support message box (I already did).
Unfortunately it seems to me that even the administrators of this forum do not have full access to the engineering and software information we need.
The worst is that this silence, added to 60 days without concrete solution, only gives rise to speculations of the type "programmed obsolescence" in favor of new products
2018-7-2
Use props
The Otter
lvl.3
France

One sure thing is, next time a firmware / app version is okay enough to fly again correctly (if ever at that point), my phone is not gonna see a wifi connection in a long, long time.
2018-7-2
Use props
SBasso
lvl.3

Malta

The Otter Posted at 2018-7-2 12:42
One sure thing is, next time a firmware / app version is okay enough to fly again correctly (if ever at that point), my phone is not gonna see a wifi connection in a long, long time.

Pretty much my thoughts.
Someone managed to rollback the Fw...

Luck him, as I tried, and no success on it.
My drone was phenomenal at that Fw...silly me, trusting DJI
2018-7-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Has anyone had any updates on when the next FW is coming for the Mavic Air?
2018-7-5
Use props
jerrytko1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 280722 ft
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-7-5 22:56
Has anyone had any updates on when the next FW is coming for the Mavic Air?

Lot of us hope for update. But for sure nobody knows when it will come. I feel like they don't even work on update.
2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jerrytko1 Posted at 2018-7-5 23:08
Lot of us hope for update. But for sure nobody knows when it will come. I feel like they don't even work on update.

That's not good - it's been over two months. My last three panos were ruined by the drone so I'm not too happy myself at the moment. I may sell the Mavic Air now.
2018-7-5
Use props
jerrytko1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 280722 ft
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-7-5 23:16
That's not good - it's been over two months. My last three panos were ruined by the drone so I'm not too happy myself at the moment. I may sell the Mavic Air now.

I am a bit upset too. Very bad from DJI. Previous firmware was rock solid and now just mess.
2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jerrytko1 Posted at 2018-7-5 23:38
I am a bit upset too. Very bad from DJI. Previous firmware was rock solid and now just mess.

It's not good at all. And I've just read through some of this thread and the bullish tactics used by some people to repress those with genuine problems seeking help is just PATHETIC! Still, some have shown their true colours on this thread which is very sad to see... We live and learn!
2018-7-5
Use props
The Otter
lvl.3

DJI support asked me to fill a RMA return sheet, to probably send the drone back. Has anyone done it and had success with a new (or fixed) drone ? I'm kinda scared to send it back for nothing, or worse, get new issues not software related... Or even send it back, and while it's at the support center, miss a FW update that could solve the issues...

I'm left with the random drifting / yawning since FW 0.0400, and very bad video quality / lag that a lot of people are getting anyway (that seems to be DJI GO related).
2018-7-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Otter Posted at 2018-7-6 02:52
DJI support asked me to fill a RMA return sheet, to probably send the drone back. Has anyone done it and had success with a new (or fixed) drone ? I'm kinda scared to send it back for nothing, or worse, get new issues not software related... Or even send it back, and while it's at the support center, miss a FW update that could solve the issues...

I'm left with the random drifting / yawning since FW 0.0400, and very bad video quality / lag that a lot of people are getting anyway (that seems to be DJI GO related).

I wouldn't send it back as it will be very likely that the issue will remain if software related as appears to be the case. Hold in there for a FW update and see if that improves things and if not well, I'll just sell the thing. End of!
2018-7-6
Use props
The Otter
lvl.3

A CW Posted at 2018-7-6 03:01
I wouldn't send it back as it will be very likely that the issue will remain if software related as appears to be the case. Hold in there for a FW update and see if that improves things and if not well, I'll just sell the thing. End of!

My thoughts exactly... Just checking if someone had an experience (good or bad) returning it...
2018-7-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Otter Posted at 2018-7-6 03:28
My thoughts exactly... Just checking if someone had an experience (good or bad) returning it...

I received a Phantom 4 Pro which I bought from the DJI on line store in November 2016 (first batch made). Having paid £1,589 for it back then the drone had a broken IMU. I returned it to their NL service centre before I even got to fly it and after 35 emails and several telephone calls a brand new replacement was shipped back to me FOUR weeks later. I was basically sent a broken drone that was deemed a day 1 DOA by their own diagnostic team and never flew a drone in December 2016 - missing the Christmas holiday. I decided that I will never by a drone on line again after that.
I only buy in person from Apple these days so if there is anything wrong I can return it in the first 14 days to them and no questions asked. Had to return 2 Mavic's in November - one had a split battery and the other almost melted on me doing an update as the fan was broke. My MPP and MA have been fine but the MA has a number of little glitches lately that I'm starting to find annoying.
2018-7-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

The Otter Posted at 2018-7-6 02:52

I would say don't bother with sending your MA back, it's likely the replacement you'll receive will have similar issues, if not immediately, after a certain amount of flights / flight time.

As I wrote in this and other threads, I went to a local Apple Store to pick up another MA for testing, as I could return it hassle-free within 15 days, and sure enough, at about my 4th or 5th flight if memory serves, the second unit began experiencing yaw / drift issues, and sudden yaw turns at random.

And others here have also said, even if you re-flash the drone with Assistant 2 1.2.4 in full, and them perform the gauntlet of re-calibrations, it seems to work OK at first and then the problems return after time, though some have said it solved their issues permanently.

And yes, the video quality / signal range issues are due to bad code introduced to the DJI GO 4 app seemingly around v4.2.16 or so, and DJI has acknowledged this in another thread, but thus far continue to fail to release a fix for it, 3 builds on.

And the issue seems FAR more pronounced for Android users than iOS, if the massively negative feedback being left on the Google Play Store is any indication:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4
2018-7-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-7-6 03:36
I received a Phantom 4 Pro which I bought from the DJI on line store in November 2016 (first batch made). Having paid £1,589 for it back then the drone had a broken IMU. I returned it to their NL service centre before I even got to fly it and after 35 emails and several telephone calls a brand new replacement was shipped back to me FOUR weeks later. I was basically sent a broken drone that was deemed a day 1 DOA by their own diagnostic team and never flew a drone in December 2016 - missing the Christmas holiday. I decided that I will never by a drone on line again after that.
I only buy in person from Apple these days so if there is anything wrong I can return it in the first 14 days to them and no questions asked. Had to return 2 Mavic's in November - one had a split battery and the other almost melted on me doing an update as the fan was broke. My MPP and MA have been fine but the MA has a number of little glitches lately that I'm starting to find annoying.

I feel your pain...

But my situation is more upsetting, because I got the MA when it was on 0300 and was performing like a champ, so like most enthusiasts, I went out and bought a bunch of accessories for it, including a mounting bracket for the RC, ND filters of various kinds from PolarPro, and other stuff. So I'm now too heavily invested in this little thing to justify (at least for now) selling it and possibly looking at another model.

So, begrudgingly, I'm going to wait it out and see if DJI gets their s$%t together and puts out a fix for the mess they've made.
2018-7-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-7-5 23:41
It's not good at all. And I've just read through some of this thread and the bullish tactics used by some people to repress those with genuine problems seeking help is just PATHETIC! Still, some have shown their true colours on this thread which is very sad to see... We live and learn!

Indeed,

Some of the behaviours witnessed here by supposed long-time participants and "pillars of the community" have truly exposed them for what they really are, quite sad really.
2018-7-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-6 09:42
I feel your pain...

But my situation is more upsetting, because I got the MA when it was on 0300 and was performing like a champ, so like most enthusiasts, I went out and bought a bunch of accessories for it, including a mounting bracket for the RC, ND filters of various kinds from PolarPro, and other stuff. So I'm now too heavily invested in this little thing to justify (at least for now) selling it and possibly looking at another model.

Don't sell it, especially if you've spent hundreds on additional accessories - you will lose a lot of hard earned cash. I'm sure they are more than aware of this thread and the reason for the long delay in the FW is probably to rectify the numerous issues and making sure it is bang on next time. I'm being optimistic of course and giving them the opportunity to sort it.

I am sorry for your situation mate - going through what you have is one thing but this forum should always be a safe place to air concerns and seek amicable resolutions without hinderance from other members - no matter how many videos they have liked over the years. I think people tend to forget that this is a DJI owned and managed forum and that you are a CUSTOMER with a genuine after sale concern that needs to be resolved. Let's sit tight and see what comes through - sooner rather than later with a bit of luck!

I will come back to this thread specifically if I find out anything further before you.
2018-7-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-6 09:43
Indeed,

Some of the behaviours witnessed here by supposed long-time participants and "pillars of the community" have truly exposed them for what they really are, quite sad really.

Shocking (in a word) but seems to have settled into a more constructive and objective thread now to address the core issues in hand. The ball is with DJI now - lets hope we get some fixes soon.
2018-7-6
Use props
Rblomqvist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

I raised a ticket with DJI around the yaw and bad video transmission issues, asking for an extension of my warranty by 2 months (too match the time we have all reported issues with .0400), but it got declined. I think this would be the minimum DJI can do for it's MA customers.  

The lack of response from DJI around these issues and others is pretty amazing ;)  
Just asking us to be patient without giving any insight at all is pretty bad customer care.
2018-7-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

Rblomqvist Posted at 2018-7-6 11:10
I raised a ticket with DJI around the yaw and bad video transmission issues, asking for an extension of my warranty by 2 months (too match the time we have all reported issues with .0400), but it got declined. I think this would be the minimum DJI can do for it's MA customers.  

The lack of response from DJI around these issues and others is pretty amazing ;)  

It's not customer care, it's customer abuse as far as I'm concerned... Feels like I'm dealing with the likes of Samsung!

And you're right, extending our warranty for 2 months would be a good gesture for affected customers, but then we shouldn't expect politeness from them...l
2018-7-6
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rblomqvist Posted at 2018-7-6 11:10

Yes, we're all still waiting for the fix.  Seems they're a little per-occupied with their new product releases these days.    Really, no excuse that new firmware hasn't come out yet to address this issue.   I'm one of the fortunate ones who NEVER UPDATED the firmware but I would be even more upset if I had, and was still waiting on the fix.  
2018-7-6
Use props
Jose Ramos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 72825 ft

I would just like to say that it´s good to see such a large number of people complaining about the attitude of some frequent users of this forum, who are suspiciously inclined to always find user error faults when drones are clearly misbehaving due to software or hardware problems. I was one of the victims of that attitude, when I had problems with my Spark and, guess what, DJI acknowledged it was a warranty covered incident and not user error...

Make the real users be heard! Go!
2018-7-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jose Ramos Posted at 2018-7-6 11:51
I would just like to say that it´s good to see such a large number of people complaining about the attitude of some frequent users of this forum, who are suspiciously inclined to always find user error faults when drones are clearly misbehaving due to software or hardware problems. I was one of the victims of that attitude, when I had problems with my Spark and, guess what, DJI acknowledged it was a warranty covered incident and not user error...

Make the real users be heard! Go!

I presume your not referring to me as this is the answer I gave you.
2018-7-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-6 12:03
I presume your not referring to me as this is the answer I gave you.
[view_image]

And what happened to you leaving this thread alone?

So much for that...

Please leave.
2018-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules