43394 698 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-24 15:00
Ye broke up because he doesn’t like apple products. Keep digging. I think it’s fair to say people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.
Now that’s enough. Anymore don’t be answering for other people, they are well capable of answering for themselves, and remember this is an open forum. Nobody owns threads, even if you think you do. And this thread has been dead since you decided to insult those who tried to help. Never bite the hand that feeds...

Buddy, give it up, you're so ignorant and full of it that you wouldn't know bovine excrement if it came up to you and shook your hand...

I broke up you say? Hmmm, don't you have to be "involved" first before you breakup with someone?

This thread is NOT dead, I am the OP of this thread, and you have been troll trashing it since something like the 3rd or 4th page, and have been told off by MANY people here, including DJI! I responded because you said TWICE "I'm done with this thread" yet you cannot help yourself and continue troll trashing it, whether to me, or anyone else here who dares to try and tell you off! You're worse than a kid, you're a crying infant!

Fine, want to get banned for not heeding DJI's warning, go right ahead, I'll have a bag of popcorn ready.

Oh, and you're telling the OP of a thread how he should be discussing or handling trolls?? Wow, what hubris...
2018-7-24
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

DJI,

Where in blazes is our updated firmware??? Almost THREE MONTHS now that you've made pilots curse the Mavic Air because of a defective FW update, and you still don't even make any statements?

More and more incidents due to issues linked by this thread are getting reported, and still NOTHING from your company about this, it's a DISGRACE!
2018-7-27
Use props
Nick1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248258 ft
United States

Considering how bad 400 is, WHY is there not an official implemented DJI method of downgrading firmware? You should always be able to roll back.
2018-7-28
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158770 ft
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-24 14:54
Wow, you even suck at cherry picking facts... How about you go look at my posts, I actually stated in one "you lost me" when he really went off his meds.

And siding with someone on some items doesn't make me "friends" with them you tool...

Awe. We can still be friends even if I think Mac products are all overpriced and the new mac Book Pros are full of bugs, can't we?  ... like they say; The enemy of my enemy is my friend. And we both know hallmark is a cat food eating troll who constantly storms out of threads only to come back and post again five minutes later.
2018-7-28
Use props
Bilacus
lvl.2
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-24 13:18
Really calling me clueless when you actually state that all users have to return their aircraft to TEXAS, I will inform you there is a big world out there outside America, the fact that you tend to dismiss this shows you small minded ignorance, and yes , you can ship your drone from anywhere in Europe to centres in UK, Netherlands, Germany, and have your aircraft returned within 10 days, while you may think that the world revolves around the US, it might be a good time to let you know that the rest of the world has moved on and won’t wait for the US to catch up.

"Allow five to seven weeks for evaluation" was the response I got before I packed up my Mavic Air and sent it in for repair/refund, That's in Europe.
2018-7-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

FrequentC Posted at 2018-7-28 10:01
Awe. We can still be friends even if I think Mac products are all overpriced and the new mac Book Pros are full of bugs, can't we?  ... like they say; The enemy of my enemy is my friend. And we both know hallmark is a cat food eating troll who constantly storms out of threads only to come back and post again five minutes later.

On subject of Mac products and Mac Book Pros full of bugs on that we can mostly agree.

Despite having multiple Mac products, Apple's long awaited MacBook Pro was big disappointment (to me and hardcore fans), along with taking multiple steps backwards.  Then there is MacBook Pro keyboard problem...

I lucked out.  After waiting and waiting, then finally seeing the disappointment... got Mid-2015 version of MacBook Pro, and happy with it.  One thing that would make it more like actual MacBook Pro of past, would be a built-in GigE port.  Can live without built-in Super drive...

2018-7-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Bilacus Posted at 2018-7-28 12:07
"Allow five to seven weeks for evaluation" was the response I got before I packed up my Mavic Air and sent it in for repair/refund, That's in Europe.

That sounds a bit extreme, I got a replacement for my Mavic Pro ten days from first posting here in U.K. Was four days each way in post, and two day at their repair centre in Netherlands. I had expected it to be longer but was pleasantly surprised.
Will be interesting to hear how long yours takes to return.
2018-7-28
Use props
Bilacus
lvl.2
Sweden

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-28 12:58
That sounds a bit extreme, I got a replacement for my Mavic Pro ten days from first posting here in U.K. Was four days each way in post, and two day at their repair centre in Netherlands. I had expected it to be longer but was pleasantly surprised.
Will be interesting to hear how long yours takes to return.

It doesn't matter anymore. Summer will be over before I get it back and I'm hoping for a full refund.
We've had the best summer weather in more than 200 years and I had three photo sessions planned involving the drone, including a €1M budget documentary. Instead I spent June and July trying to get the remote to connect. DJI "support" sent me instructions on how to do this, the same as in the manual, and told me to watch various YT videos of people who've found unorthodox methods of getting it to work. None of them worked for me, however.
This technology just isn't reliable and I find it totally unacceptable. There will be lemons and I can accept that, but the number of frustrated people on various forums and Mavic Air problem-oriented social media groups popping up suggest this is a flawed product.
I also don't understand the "crowdfunding community" attidtude of many Mavic users. It seems they are perfectly willing to update, downgrade, reset, try other cables, download third party software, post on forums... just to make the thing work. I expect a €1200 product to work.
2018-7-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Bilacus Posted at 2018-7-29 22:30
It doesn't matter anymore. Summer will be over before I get it back and I'm hoping for a full refund.
We've had the best summer weather in more than 200 years and I had three photo sessions planned involving the drone, including a €1M budget documentary. Instead I spent June and July trying to get the remote to connect. DJI "support" sent me instructions on how to do this, the same as in the manual, and told me to watch various YT videos of people who've found unorthodox methods of getting it to work. None of them worked for me, however.
This technology just isn't reliable and I find it totally unacceptable. There will be lemons and I can accept that, but the number of frustrated people on various forums and Mavic Air problem-oriented social media groups popping up suggest this is a flawed product.

I also don't understand the "crowdfunding community" attidtude of many Mavic users.

Result of two things:
1) Time period for refunds has expired, thus stuck with them.
2) Have no choice but to try to do something, since all we are hear out of DJI is crickets chirping.

2018-7-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

We've had the best summer weather in more than 200 years and I had three photo sessions planned involving the drone, including a €1M budget documentary. Instead I spent June and July trying to get the remote to connect. DJI "support" sent me instructions on how to do this, the same as in the manual, and told me to watch various YT videos of people who've found unorthodox methods of getting it to work. None of them worked for me, however.
This technology just isn't reliable and I find it totally unacceptable. There will be lemons and I can accept that, but the number of frustrated people on various forums and Mavic Air problem-oriented social media groups popping up suggest this is a flawed product.

"I also don't understand the "crowdfunding community" attidtude of many Mavic users. It seems they are perfectly willing to update, downgrade, reset, try other cables, download third party software, post on forums... just to make the thing work."

It's called enthusiasm, you'll find it on any user based product support, or hobby forum, whether it be cars, unicycles, gliders etc.

Hopefully you will get your aircraft back sooner rather than later. Keep us updated on its progress.
2018-7-30
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-30 00:12
"I also don't understand the "crowdfunding community" attidtude of many Mavic users. It seems they are perfectly willing to update, downgrade, reset, try other cables, download third party software, post on forums... just to make the thing work."

It's called enthusiasm, you'll find it on any user based product support, or hobby forum, whether it be cars, unicycles, gliders etc.

"It's called enthusiasm..."

I'd call it exasperation.
2018-7-30
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

I DO THINK THIS THREAD CAN BE UPDATED. THERE IS QUITE A FEW NEW COMPLAINTS ON THIS FORUM ABOUT MA. ADD THEM TO THE LIST, LET,S KEEP UP WITH THE TIMES.
2018-7-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-31 11:38
I DO THINK THIS THREAD CAN BE UPDATED. THERE IS QUITE A FEW NEW COMPLAINTS ON THIS FORUM ABOUT MA. ADD THEM TO THE LIST, LET,S KEEP UP WITH THE TIMES.

I DO THINK THIS THREAD CAN BE UPDATED.

05/03/2018 - 08/02/2018
  • 91 days
  • ... or 13 weeks
  • ... or 2 months & 30 days

There you go, up-date-d.

2018-8-2
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Yes, thanks. Also, there is a fair amount of complaints about the MA after this thread. Just got a bit nasty if i see so many people trying to talk away the problems some of us have. So i was being sarcastic. Enthusiasm, for goodness sake...............
2018-8-2
Use props
djiuser_L01s87lncBD1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80472 ft
United Kingdom

I think I may be onto something regarding the "motor current error" at least. Can others confirm via logs that the warning only appears when a certain battery is used? I get this error quite consistently (most of the time) with one battery but I've not had it with my other two...
2018-8-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

djiuser_L01s87lncBD1 Posted at 2018-8-4 14:33
I think I may be onto something regarding the "motor current error" at least. Can others confirm via logs that the warning only appears when a certain battery is used? I get this error quite consistently (most of the time) with one battery but I've not had it with my other two...

No, it is not battery related. You can reproduce it by flying forward at good speed and descending at the same time. It is a known bug (false error message) that will be fixed in the next firmware version. But you can safely continue flying until then.
2018-8-4
Use props
forager3215
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230951 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-5 16:46
If your going to make a case for problems with .400 then you are not going to enhance your case by bringing every problem whether to do with .400 or not, get it right.

Mavic Air weak an poor transmission NOT .400 much earlier

MA weak and poor transmission happened after FW update Compass error arrived after FW Update  MA drifting occurred after FW update Prior to FW update i did not have these issues so how is it not the FW update? I have replaced the cables reset to factory default refreshed the FW and still have the same issues .
2018-8-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Given all confusion Mavic Air False error message of ''motor current error'' has and is still causing, DJI should have already issued a .0410 FW update to fix bug.  Along with issuing .0420 FW that disables the Anti-Rollback of .0400 FW.
2018-8-4
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-4 14:44
No, it is not battery related. You can reproduce it by flying forward at good speed and descending at the same time. It is a known bug (false error message) that will be fixed in the next firmware version. But you can safely continue flying until then.

There you go again being dismissive out of hand... If a pilot is noticing this error more with one of his batteries and not with others, that is a valid observation, and might make some sense considering the error being triggered is a current (power) error.

Please don’t post if all you’re going to do is be a jerk to those who bring relevant observations to the discussion.
2018-8-5
Use props
0rcinus
lvl.3
  • >>>
Croatia

Nikolay S Donev Posted at 2018-7-16 22:22
"Execute order 66" - Star Wars

"Good soldiers follow orders." - also Star Wars
2018-8-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

0rcinus Posted at 2018-8-9 16:36
"Good soldiers follow orders." - also Star Wars

Not sure why, but this post made me think of this:

2018-8-15
Use props
Bilacus
lvl.2
Sweden

We've had the best summer weather in more than 200 years and I had three photo sessions planned involving the drone, including a €1M budget documentary. Instead I spent June and July trying to get the remote to connect. DJI "support" sent me instructions on how to do this, the same as in the manual, and told me to watch various YT videos of people who've found unorthodox methods of getting it to work. None of them worked for me, however.
This technology just isn't reliable and I find it totally unacceptable. There will be lemons and I can accept that, but the number of frustrated people on various forums and Mavic Air problem-oriented social media groups popping up suggest this is a flawed product.

DJI have now responded, via the retailer. I have two options:
The Micro-USB port needs to be repaired at a cost of 89 USD. Why or how the port has been damaged while in the box, I don't know, but I've read on forums about others having the same problem.
Since I have DJI Care Refresh they also offer me the alternative to send me a new aircraft. This will also cost me 89 USD.
There's nothing wrong with my drone. It's the remote that won't connect to the phone and it doesn't matter if I use the DJI cable to the Micro-USB port, or my Apple Lightning-to-USB-cable to the USB port at the bottom of the remote.
I give up.
2018-8-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Bilacus Posted at 2018-8-15 19:53
The Micro-USB port needs to be repaired at a cost of 89 USD. Why or how the port has been damaged while in the box, I don't know, but I've read on forums about others having the same problem.
Since I have DJI Care Refresh they also offer me the alternative to send me a new aircraft. This will also cost me 89 USD.

To me, which way to go would depend upon - How much longer DJI Care Refresh will be in effect.
Potential risk of crash vs. entirely new system.
2018-8-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-8-5 14:29
There you go again being dismissive out of hand... If a pilot is noticing this error more with one of his batteries and not with others, that is a valid observation, and might make some sense considering the error being triggered is a current (power) error.

Please don’t post if all you’re going to do is be a jerk to those who bring relevant observations to the discussion.

Ever get the impression a particular few posters have Zero hardware knowledge, Zero software knowledge, Zero trouble shooting experience, and Zero systems knowledge; but lots of experience hanging out under bridges?  
2018-8-15
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-15 21:20
Ever get the impression a particular few posters have Zero hardware knowledge, Zero software knowledge, Zero trouble shooting experience, and Zero systems knowledge; but lots of experience hanging out under bridges?

Yup I do, and I usually get that feeling when I come to this forum and see posts from a few indivuals who give me a worse case of indigestion after reading their diatribe, then if I went to Red Lobster and ate a shell fish dish made with 3 day overdue ingredients!

2018-8-15
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bump...

https://tinyurl.com/y9hgqyqk
2018-8-16
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-8-16 09:15
Bump...

Excellent, and counting.
2018-8-17
Use props
Bilacus
lvl.2
Sweden

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-15 21:16
To me, which way to go would depend upon - How much longer DJI Care Refresh will be in effect.
Potential risk of crash vs. entirely new system.

It's hard for me to calculate the risk of a crash since I've owned the drone for four months and haven't been able to fly it yet. Based on my experince with the DJI Mavic Air so far, I estimate the risk of a crash at 0%.
Unless it can crash while in the box. Could that happen too?
2018-8-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Bilacus Posted at 2018-8-17 08:19
It's hard for me to calculate the risk of a crash since I've owned the drone for four months and haven't been able to fly it yet. Based on my experince with the DJI Mavic Air so far, I estimate the risk of a crash at 0%.

After four months without being able to fly it; Yes.
From being tossed out a window while doing 75-MPH down freeway.

2018-8-17
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

Brantel Posted at 2018-6-5 17:38
We are discussing the Mavic Air here not the Mavic Pro.

I guess I will wait till the customer beta test is complete before buying a MA.
2018-8-17
Use props
Bilacus
lvl.2
Sweden

Bilacus Posted at 2018-8-15 19:53
The Micro-USB port needs to be repaired at a cost of 89 USD. Why or how the port has been damaged while in the box, I don't know, but I've read on forums about others having the same problem.

I decided to give it another try and asked DJI Support why they want to send me a new drone when the remote is broken. I also asked why, if the Micro USB port is damaged, the Lightning-to-USB port doesn't work. They didn't answer that.
This is the reply I got:

"Dear customer,

Sorry for the mistake we made.

We have sent you the normal repair quotation.
You will receive it within today, please check.

If you pay for the latest quotation, we will send you a remote controller replacement directly.

Thank you for your understanding.

此电子邮件及附件所包含内容具有机密性,且仅限于接收人使用。未经允许,禁止第三人阅读、复制或传播该电子邮件中的任何信息。如果您不属于以上电子邮件的目标接收者,请您立即通知发送人并删除原电子邮件及其相关的附件"

They forgot to send me the "latest quotation" and the original payment link I got doesn't work now. What the Chinese bit at the bottom means, I don't know.
2018-8-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Bilacus Posted at 2018-8-20 08:38
I decided to give it another try and asked DJI Support why they want to send me a new drone when the remote is broken. I also asked why, if the Micro USB port is damaged, the Lightning-to-USB port doesn't work. They didn't answer that.
This is the reply I got:

此电子邮件及附件所包含内容具有机密性,且仅限于接收人使用。未经允许,禁止第三人阅读、复制或传播该电子邮件中的任何信息。如果您不属于以上电子邮件的目标接收者,请您立即通知发送人并删除原电子邮件及其相关的附件

The content contained in this email and attachments is confidential and is restricted to recipients only. Third parties are prohibited from reading, copying or transmitting any information in this email without permission. If you are not the intended recipient of the above email, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original email and its associated attachments
2018-8-20
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568714 ft
  • >>>
United States

After a month in Care Refresh, I received an Air refurb with .300 firmware. I have to admit I had forgotten what it looks like to not see all those error messages and calibration issues. Man, this thing is stable as can be, dang I miss this. Definitely NOT doing the upgrade!  
2018-8-20
Use props
Bilacus
lvl.2
Sweden

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-20 10:39
此电子邮件及附件所包含内容具有机密性,且仅限于接收人使用。未经允许,禁止第三人阅读、复制或传播该电子邮件中的任何信息。如果您不属于以上电子邮件的目标接收者,请您立即通知发送人并删除原电子邮件及其相关的附件

The content contained in this email and attachments is confidential and is restricted to recipients only. Third parties are prohibited from reading, copying or transmitting any information in this email without permission. If you are not the intended recipient of the above email, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original email and its associated attachments

Thank you

Talking to their support is like talking to a machine. I tried again and got the same reply. "We have sent you the normal repair quotation. You will receive it within today, please check."
I have yet to receive that mail, certainly not "within today".

Next, I'll tell them to keep the drone and return my memory card which I can use in my cameras. I've totally lost interest in this drone and just thinking about the money and time spent makes me feel sick. It ruined my summer, cost me around €1.400 plus a couple of thousand in lost photo jobs.
2018-8-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Bilacus Posted at 2018-8-21 08:10
Thank you

Talking to their support is like talking to a machine. I tried again and got the same reply. "We have sent you the normal repair quotation. You will receive it within today, please check."

Several thoughts...
Make sure DJI has correct E-mail address.
Check your Junk / Spam folder or Delete box if you have rules for Auto Delete.
If by chance your E-mail address is your Cellphone, you might try a different E-mail address.**

**My Cellphone carrier's E-mail provider decided that one particular E-mail ''From:'' address will always get blocked.  Even though it is a legitimate ''From:'' address.  No warning, and No reason why - provider just did it.
2018-8-21
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158845 ft
Poland

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-8-16 09:15
Bump...

just joining the train,

the way DJI threats Mavic Air is disgusting,

tbh if i would know how support for this drone looks i wouldnt buy it, like they are not proud of it or use it as placeholder for Mavic 2..
2018-8-22
Use props
Bilacus
lvl.2
Sweden

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-21 08:44
Several thoughts...
Make sure DJI has correct E-mail address.
Check your Junk / Spam folder or Delete box if you have rules for Auto Delete.

Turns out they were using the email address of the retailer, to whom I returned the faulty drone. You'd think they'd use the address I reply from...
This was my reply today:

I don't know if there's a language barrier here, or what the problem is, but this is getting ridiculous.
My email address is (my @), the same I'm sending this and all my other responses to you from.
The address you seem to be using is the email address of the retailer, Dustin, one of the largest IT and electronics retailers in Scandinavia. That's where I bought the drone and they sent it to you for warranty repair.

Here's what I suggest:

1. A full refund, so I can buy another drone that meets my demands (charge it and fly), or save up to buy a DJI Inspire for next summer. I want a drone I can rely on; that doesn't need calibrating several times a day, that doesn't tell me a fully charged battery is empty, and refuses to pair with the remote. The Mavic Air clearly can't live up to that.

or

2. A new, complete Mavic Air Fly More Combo without the updates to the software. I might get lucky and get a working one, because they are out there.

If this is not agreeable, this is my third suggestion:

3. Keep the drone and all of the accessories, but send the memory card to me in an envelope. I can use it in my cameras. I'll just have to accept that the 1,400 euros spent and the lost income are gone.
If this is the option you choose, I will however want to have a word with you next year if/when you release an updated version of the Air. I also want a refund on the DJI Care Refresh since I no longer own a DJI drone.
I also want you to send a copy of this email to your boss/manager to make sure that (s)he knows about the problems with the Mavic Air.

During the five months I've owned a faulty drone, I've joined Facebook groups for disgruntled Mavic Air users with over 200 members each, and three forums discussing the problems of this drone. I wish I'd seen those before I bought it!
I've adviced at least three professional photographers not to buy this drone and pointed a major online retailer to those forum threads and although they still offer the Air on their site, they do, when contacted, advice customers to consider other options because of the problems associated with the Air.

Sincerely,

My name
2018-8-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Bilacus Posted at 2018-8-22 08:28
Turns out they were using the email address of the retailer, to whom I returned the faulty drone. You'd think they'd use the address I reply from...
This was my reply today:

This is my (free) advice from having to deal with Support and Repair at another company.

Do best you can to write a professional letter detailing all problems with drone and problems getting support for drone and drone repaired.  Followed by creating a short (double-spaced) summary cover page that points to longer professional letter.  Do not mention anything in letter about posting negative comments or reviews - on blogs, forums, websites, ect.

Send it all Registered with Signature required to DJI Corporate Headquarters  to appropriate person, along with copies to DJI's repair and DJI's  support departments.

If letter fails, it is time to engage a Lawyer to write his/her own letter, calling for satisifcation.

Best of Luck.

2018-8-22
Use props
Bilacus
lvl.2
Sweden

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-22 09:17
This is my (free) advice from having to deal with Support and Repair at another company.

Do best you can to write a professional letter detailing all problems with drone and problems getting support for drone and drone repaired.  Followed by creating a short (double-spaced) summary cover page that points to longer professional letter.  Do not mention anything in letter about posting negative comments or reviews - on blogs, forums, websites, ect.

Thanks for the advice, but I'm afraid I'm way past that stage.
The first thing I did was to describe the problems I had, of course. The main thing being the remote, upon which they offered to send me a new drone under DJI Care at a cost of 89 USD.
When I pointed out that it was the remote that was faulty, they apologised and sent me "a quotation link" that pointed me to a DJI page in Chinese.  They say the Micro USB port is damaged, so I asked why then didn't the Lightning-to-USB port (the one at the bottom of the remote) work, as per their instructions. They did not reply to that. Instead I got an email asking me to answer by clicking one of three buttons: "Proceed", "Send it" and something else. All three basically said "Yes please, go ahead", but I've no idea with what.
Now it turns out they've sent new "quotation links" to the retailer, and then email to me telling me to respond by clicking that link.
I don't find DJI professional at all, hence my reaction.
2018-8-22
Use props
Bilacus
lvl.2
Sweden

Bilacus Posted at 2018-8-22 10:34
Thanks for the advice, but I'm afraid I'm way past that stage.
The first thing I did was to describe the problems I had, of course. The main thing being the remote, upon which they offered to send me a new drone under DJI Care at a cost of 89 USD.
When I pointed out that it was the remote that was faulty, they apologised and sent me "a quotation link" that pointed me to a DJI page in Chinese.  They say the Micro USB port is damaged, so I asked why then didn't the Lightning-to-USB port (the one at the bottom of the remote) work, as per their instructions. They did not reply to that. Instead I got an email asking me to answer by clicking one of three buttons: "Proceed", "Send it" and something else. All three basically said "Yes please, go ahead", but I've no idea with what.

And here's a couple of threads from DJI Support's official FB page, describing similar problems to mine:

DJI Support
August 20
Re-connecting your drone to your #DJIGO apps is a few steps away. Read on to solve the issue for your Mavic Pro, Phantom, and Inspire Series. #DJISupport

(Customer 1)
Step 1. Throw your drone away

Step 2. Buy from reliable company that knows how to do research and development before they release to the general public.

Step 3. Watch dji tell me I’m wrong even though I have a $1,500 paperweight with rotors.

DJI Support Hi (#Customer 1), we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. May I have more details of the issue you experienced before? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help you.

(Customer 1) I got to fly my dji phantom advanced one time, then you sent me another update and now the controller won’t sync with the aircraft. I spoke to one of your tech people who walked me through about 2 hours of ‘troubleshooting’ then was told there’s nothing more that could be done and I’d have to purchase another $300+ controller.

---

DJI Support
July 24
Did your DJI GO 4 notify you to calibrate the #MavicAir vision systems? Follow this tutorial to do so. #DJITutorial #DJI

(Customer 2)
My name is (Customer 2) I am 17 years old and in March of this year I went with my school to Australia of returned travel. On that trip I decided to buy a Drone Mavic air from an official store, which obviously I could not try given that the school did not allow it. When i arrived at my house in Argentina and wanted to try the Drone I have realized that one of the connectors of the remote control was damaged internally. I have tried by all the ways to get a solution and I could not. I searched in the United States, in Madrid and in Barcelona. In any plage the gave me a solution, or they didnt have the control. This mail is to request to replace the remote control since the defect is from the factory and the warranty must cover it. I appreciate your concern in the case and I wait for an answer as soon as possible. Cordial greetings.

DJI Support (#Customer 2), we are sorry to know that you had troubles with our drone. Could you please provide more details about the RC? You can DM us some pictures of the RC if the damage is visible.
Besides, just to verify, did you purchase the drone from Australia an…

(Customer 2) #DJI Support yes, i will send pictures, but is a problem from the factory, and is not my fall and i can not send the drone back to australia, is your problem, you have to give me a solution, (sending me a new remote controller, fixing it, your problem)

DJI Support (#Customer 2) We are so sorry for this situation. We do understand your feeling. Could you please provide us with the picture and the serial of the RC first? We would like to confirm it. Look forward to your update.

(Customer 3) What happens if I’m on vacation and I get a notification that this needs to be done and all I have is my tablet? I normally do not bring a laptop.

DJI Support Hi (Customer 3), if the app tells you to calibrate it, to ensure the full function of the performance, you might try to find a PC and calibrate the vision system. Thank you for your inquiry.
2018-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules