43389 698 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brantel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2018-6-5 21:16
As a person who has experienced this, I can confirm this was a problem with mine. I did an update to .400 and did an IMU calibration and bam, no more problem.

That is awesome and I am very pleased that worked for you and some others.  Unfortunately for some it does not work and for others, the issues return after a short while.  Hope yours stays happy!
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Brantel Posted at 2018-6-6 03:26
That is awesome and I am very pleased that worked for you and some others.  Unfortunately for some it does not work and for others, the issues return after a short while.  Hope yours stays happy!

I think it would be fair to say if the problem goes away wit calibration but then returns its most likely Not a problem with firmware.
2018-6-6
Use props
TechVoyager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-5 14:00
Many if not most of the threads you have in your post are from the same people. No threads have been deleted because no threads get deleted on this forum you will find them in service etc.

Many of the users on mavicpilots are the same users here so this may not be any indication that problems are growing.

There was a thread called "DRONE ATTACK" which was about the drone diving during active track, which i was constantly following. This post has suddenly vanished.
If there is no solution for a problem then Delete it... QUICK FIX
2018-6-6
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 03:31
I think it would be fair to say if the problem goes away wit calibration but then returns its most likely Not a problem with firmware.

Support was contacted, logs were sent, logs were reviewed, engineers confirmed they see the issue, DJI can reproduce it, was told not to send it in and that a firmware  fix was being worked on, later told the fix was in testing....

That’s the facts in a nutshell for the yaw glitch and slow turning in a hover issue that I have experienced.
2018-6-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-6-6 00:05
WOW! So much drama!!!!

I thought this was a forum with adult people but instead I see downvotes because or rage and drama kings.

We don’t have any hard numbers on faults.. not everyone comes to these forums and complains, some people use FB, Twitter, directly contact DJi, or just exchange on amazon or at store to get a refund and move on.. hell some people don’t even complain they just pack it up and are done.   Ontop of that Dji stays extremely quiet about things. They won’t admit to a problem even if they make design changes half way into products life (like DJi spark’s battery clips).. they will just stay silent and hope for the best..

Mavic Pro suffered high problem rate for first half of its life as well, lot of similar issues that took software revisions and hardware revisions to fix.  Things like soft focus, shakey cameras, drifting, IMU and GPS errors, overheating, etc etc.  

I don’t think DJi makes terrible products or even bad products, but I do think it is possible that’ these issues exist in larger numbers than you are willing to believe.  

I think 5%-10% is probably being too kind...

For most people, even 1 failure is 1 too many.. spend $800-$1000 it doesn’t matter what the failure rate maybe, if yours is misbehaving that’s 1 too many.     Like I don’t want to buy a brand new car from a premium brand and have constant alignment issues.. I don’t care if the failure rate is 0.00001% or 100% .. it’s an issue and needs to be fixed without hassle.
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Brantel Posted at 2018-6-6 03:37
Support was contacted, logs were sent, logs were reviewed, engineers confirmed they see the issue, DJI can reproduce it, was told not to send it in and that a firmware  fix was being worked on, later told the fix was in testing....

That’s the facts in a nutshell for the yaw glitch and slow turning in a hover issue that I have experienced.

Then I’m not sure what your problem is if they said it would be fixed you have to accept this.
But the vast majority of MavAir are flying fine with no problems, surely you are entitled to have one of these as per your warranty. Maybe you could show your correspondence here , it might give relief to others.
2018-6-6
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 03:43
Then I’m not sure what your problem is if they said it would be fixed you have to accept this.
But the vast majority of MavAir are flying fine with no problems, surely you are entitled to have one of these as per your warranty. Maybe you could show your correspondence here , it might give relief to others.

I don’t  have a problem here.  

My first post in this thread was

“I am trusting the USA based DJI Support manager that has publicly stated that DJI knows about the issues with the yaw, it has been reproduced on their drones and that a fix is in testing. “
That sounds to me like acceptance and waiting patiently.

I have also posted quotes of the semi public comments made by a DJI employee.  These were posted on a closed Facebook group and I don’t post his name because of the closed nature of that group.  I don’t post private conversations due to the fact that I don’t have permission to share that stuff.
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TechVoyager Posted at 2018-6-6 03:33
There was a thread called "DRONE ATTACK" which was about the drone diving during active track, which i was constantly following. This post has suddenly vanished.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-148119-1-1.html

Would it be this one, again as I said no threads deleted, just others trying to spread hysteria.
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-6 03:41
We don’t have any hard numbers on faults.. not everyone comes to these forums and complains, some people use FB, Twitter, directly contact DJi, or just exchange on amazon or at store to get a refund and move on.. hell some people don’t even complain they just pack it up and are done.   Ontop of that Dji stays extremely quiet about things. They won’t admit to a problem even if they make design changes half way into products life (like DJi spark’s battery clips).. they will just stay silent and hope for the best..

Mavic Pro suffered high problem rate for first half of its life as well, lot of similar issues that took software revisions and hardware revisions to fix.  Things like soft focus, shakey cameras, drifting, IMU and GPS errors, overheating, etc etc.  

When your car breaks down , what do you do with it, you send to garage to get fixed, it’s really pretty simple,
2018-6-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 03:57
When your car breaks down , what do you do with it, you send to garage to get fixed, it’s really pretty simple,

but that kind misses my point.    First of all, taking it in to get fixed without complaining to Mercedes or BMW or Volvo or Porsche or whoever... they don’t know about my failures so they can keep padding on positive numbers and taking no hit.  To them my failure rate is 0%.   only my mechanic who has to order OEM parts will know the issue and he would likely put in my complaint for me to get free parts.. but still, not every mechanic does that.   This is like how a majority of drone users are as well.. most will never visit this forum to complain or make mention good or bad, they have a bad issue and vent somewhere else or ask some other place or just get it handled.   if they did all come here we have millions of active members with their own opinions turning this forum into a hell hole.

Secondly it depends on the problem, I owned a Mercedes E class that had issues (powertrain) from factory, I eventually got Mercedes to buy it back from me under the Lemon Law that we have here.  
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-6 04:08
but that kind misses my point.    First of all, taking it in to get fixed without complaining to Mercedes or BMW or Volvo or Porsche or whoever... they don’t know about my failures so they can keep padding on positive numbers and taking no hit.  To them my failure rate is 0%.   only my mechanic who has to order OEM parts will know the issue and he would likely put in my complaint for me to get free parts.. but still, not every mechanic does that.   This is like how a majority of drone users are as well.. most will never visit this forum to complain or make mention good or bad, they have a bad issue and vent somewhere else or ask some other place or just get it handled.   if they did all come here we have millions of active members with their own opinions turning this forum into a hell hole.

Secondly it depends on the problem, I owned a Mercedes E class that had issues (powertrain) from factory, I eventually got Mercedes to buy it back from me under the Lemon Law that we have here.

I’m not to sure you realize, but the majority of people come to this forum to complain about their problems, that’s pretty obvious, we also know many of the problems can be sorted with the help of forum members and that’s how a forum like this work.
2018-6-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

doesn’t mean most people even join to begin with.   Just means most people that bother to join happen to also complain.  

I used to do side business of resale on amazon market... most of my sales generated zero reviews. (Neither good or bad).   Thousands upon thousands of sales with my side business I used to run, and barley over 100 total reviews.   
And That’s just how it is... Most people will not even sign up for a review!  I can just assume that they have a fantastic experience given the lack of negitively reviews.. but I can’t prove it.    It’s the same everywhere.  Infact usually a company has to have a hot mess of a product to get a number of negitive reviews, most people won’t bother..
2018-6-6
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

We don’t have any hard numbers on faults.. not everyone comes to these forums and complains, some people use FB, Twitter, directly contact DJi, or just exchange on amazon or at store to get a refund and move on.. hell some people don’t even complain they just pack it up and are done.   Ontop of that Dji stays extremely quiet about things. They won’t admit to a problem even if they make design changes half way into products life (like DJi spark’s battery clips).. they will just stay silent and hope for the best..

Well, someone who claims "5%-10% and I am being kind" I'm sorry but has no idea how the business works.

Once something reaches around 7% failure rate, it kicks in some laws that makes the company recall either all the possible batches of units affected or send the customer information to send the unit for a free revision. Companies are FORCED by law to do this, otherwise they will get into quite some troubles. I know it because my previous company went through a faulty device in one unit and once we reached 7% of units with problems, hell got loose with the providers.

So no, this problem, whatever the amount of units suffering it, is NOT what you keep claiming. You are making a lot of noise that is going against your objective to get it fixed. Once you send a ticket with a problem, it reached a queue for developers and testers. That takes time. Whatever you do in the middle of that process, is free noise.

You have lots of ways to keep an active ticket/problem active and as a hot topic, but this is one of the worst ways.
2018-6-6
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1290892 ft
Bulgaria

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 02:35
Once you create a ticket you will get a case number from that everything is automatic, you do not need to speak to anyone, you just need to pack up your drone and wait for collection it will then be returned in under two weeks repaired under warranty. The problem is your drone is not working as it should this should not be the case so if it was a phone car laptop or anything similar then you would ship it back, why is it any different with a drone?

I really don't get you...
No offense, but you are not helping anybody with your comments.
Not that you care ( I am sure because you replied few times on my posts ) but let me explain all the steps I did before I actually started to actively monitor and reply in every single post about firmware in this forum about my bad experiences.

1. Right after I got my first error (MOTOR CURRENT ERROR) which was basically the same day after the firmware, I got the drone to DJI Store I bought it from (Means my warranty is there). They were super kind and tested the drone, even restored the drone to its factory settings and sent me away.  - (No result)
2. I did create a ticket with the exact same error directly from the app (Uploaded every single log I had with this issue)  - No result, no reply.
3. I recalibrated IMU from DJI Assistant - (No result)
4. I started to dive deeper into the issues and reading different posts about this on the Official FB page and this forum - No result so far.
5. I decided to test my drone in all modes and calibrate every time - Resulted in hovering issues as other users posted in other threads.

So my question to you is - What step did I missed so far trying to fix my issues and would you be pleased if you had same issues on your behalf after spending money for the perfect drone?

About warranty suggestion you gave to me - well the answer is simple - DJI Store didn't want to change it since its possible firmware update. THEY suggested to me to open this forum and start a thread and see what people are complaining about.

Thank you
2018-6-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-6-6 04:43
Well, someone who claims "5%-10% and I am being kind" I'm sorry but has no idea how the business works.

Once something reaches around 7% failure rate, it kicks in some laws that makes the company recall either all the possible batches of units affected or send the customer information to send the unit for a free revision. Companies are FORCED by law to do this, otherwise they will get into quite some troubles. I know it because my previous company went through a faulty device in one unit and once we reached 7% of units with problems, hell got loose with the providers.

I don’t believe in the US we have a law for ~7% failure rate needing any addressing.   Maybe other parts of the world do, I cannot speak for any other nation I just know that usually what happens in the US atleast is once people get annoyed enough they venture into the legal rabbit hole.

As for other countries with stricter standards and a physical failure rate percentage limit.  I’m sure Dji and other companies are in violation, but how can you prove it one way or the other when Dji refuses to even acknowledge anything negitive exists..?  Left with barrage of complaints that could be factual or false..  
2018-6-6
Use props
TechVoyager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 03:51

Would it be this one, again as I said no threads deleted, just others trying to spread hysteria.

Thanks hallmark...
Where did you find this? When i searched i couldnt find it.
What does "Service" mean?
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Nikolay S Donev Posted at 2018-6-6 04:47
I really don't get you...
No offense, but you are not helping anybody with your comments.
Not that you care ( I am sure because you replied few times on my posts ) but let me explain all the steps I did before I actually started to actively monitor and reply in every single post about firmware in this forum about my bad experiences.

So my question to you is - What step did I missed so far trying to fix my issues and would you be pleased if you had same issues on your behalf after spending money for the perfect drone? “

It’s simple and the process is simple, you raise a case with dji support they will instruct you to send drone back for repair, the will raise a case number arrange for your drone to be picked up and taken to their service centre, where it will be repaired and shipped back, you say you brought it back to dji shop, is this an official dji shop or a retailer who sells dji drones, if it was the latter then he should have told you to return your drone to be assessed.
If it was my drone that had problems I would have returned back to dji as a warranty case, you are forgetting that the vast majority of MavAir are not having problems, why should you have to wait with a faulty drone while others have perfect working drones, as you can see by raising a thread here you are still no better off, so fat lot of good that information given to you by retailer done for you, if it was a laptop TV or car that wasn’t working and as you said before dangerous would you just sit around waiting for something to happen, I don’t think so, nobody should have to wait around if their purchase is not working, if they choose to wait around then complaining about how long at this stage isn’t going to make any difference.
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TechVoyager Posted at 2018-6-6 05:19
Thanks hallmark...
Where did you find this? When i searched i couldnt find it.
What does "Service" mean?

Service is just another part of this forum, top of the page click on More you will find it there.
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

So far with almost 60 posts, we have seen 3 with problems. Including OP.
2018-6-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-6-6 00:05
WOW! So much drama!!!!

I thought this was a forum with adult people but instead I see downvotes because or rage and drama kings.

Your attitude is what organizations like DJI count on, to keep the "status quo" and not ruffle any feathers to promote change and improvement...

This isn't some piece of software to do your accounting, or firmware for a alarm clock, this is software that governs the operation of a device that is airborne, and can cause SIGNIFICANT INJURY or PROPERTY DAMAGE as a result of buggy software.

Being in IT, I know there isn't a single piece of tech in existance that doesn't have bugs, that's just a fact of life. However, there is still a baseline stability level expected, and sometimes required, for any software / firmware, especially those that govern devices that pose this type of damage / injury potential.

The most recent episode of critical failure / design flaw examples I can draw on is the Samsung Note 7 exploding battery fiasco, brought on by buggy power management and a flawed battery design.

I still remember people like you flooding the forums all over the Internet in defense of Samsung, claiming there was nothing wrong, and that all of us who were openly vocal in opposition to Samsung were nut jobs, and drama queens. And yet, people were getting hurt, property was being damaged, and airports around the world started banning Note 7's because they acknowledged the risk, properly, which finally forced Samsung to recall all of them, in what amounted to be the biggest smartphone recall in history.

This now rings of a familiar tune here, both in the situation with the MA's, DJI's silence and deflections on the matter, and people like you swooping in, claiming the ones being vocal about the issue, such as myself, are being drama kings...

"Now, all these claims that this is a SEVERE problem...Jesus Christ do you realize you are talking about some cases in thousands if not tends of thousands of sold units? A severe problem is when faulty units are over 5-7% of the total units."

Here is a prime example of the same crap we saw during the Note 7 fiasco... So what if it's only a few thousand, or even ten thousand units, out of an unknown number of MA's sold (no sales numbers for the MA are available, so anyone claiming numbers are pulling them out of their behind)? That's now THOUSANDS of potentially harmful and dangerous devices in circulation and active use, unless the pilots are wise enough to ground them pending a fix from DJI. The possibility of injury and property damage is now a very real possibility, and is FAR MORE SIGNIFICANT as a result of this firmware. This is not drama or hysteria, this is FACT.

Hallmark007 is very good at deflecting and distorting the situation to fit his own narrative, as I've observed from his conversations with others on this forum in only a very short period of time, so I put very little stock in what he has to say.

Right now, the only person spewing hyperbole by using adjectives such as epidemic failure is you. If the situation truly was an epidemic failure, we'd be seeing far more complaints and / or ratings dropping on places like Amazon because of this. So no, this is not an "epidemic" as you so exuberantly put it. But it's no less serious or significant, thus it demands attention.
2018-6-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 01:17
You do have support, you choose not to use it, if your drone is not working send it back and use your warranty .
And if moderator says they are working on the problem then that is what’s happening, would you prefer they rush out a solution and then have to listen to you insulting them and their moderators here on this forum as you constantly do. Or would you prefer they got it right, I don’t believe your ranting is going to get the fix any quicker as you can already see.

I did choose to use it, as I have previously stated, so please stop twisting what I say around to support your needs.

I opened the claim, attempting to speak with DJI on a few occasions, and was stone walled at each turn and basically patronized by the support rep.

You're also far to quick to trust these DJI "admins" who are nothing more than PR talking heads and facilitators here. I've read enough of their clueless responses to know that's all they are for the most part. There have been many threads, which I linked in my original post, to sift thru to realize they don't actually do much. In fact in the Motor Current Error threads, they openly claim "There is nothing to worry about, it is safe to keep flying", when having seen enough video and flight log evidence, to know that is a blunt LIE.
2018-6-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Nikolay S Donev Posted at 2018-6-6 02:25
Because they don't fly their drones and wait for the update as we all do.
Can you tell us how many of the users that didn't post anything in the forum actually reported the issue to DJI support, because I heard many complaining that they didn't receive any response from DJI support -including me?  

There are a few Captains here on the board who are not condescending and rude, and they are really helpful, unlike the ones who cloak their arrogance and dismissiveness to genuine issues with empty pleasantries.

I'm totally with you on this one, as I too spent good coin to have a tool to use not just for pleasure, but also for legitimate business use. And as a result of DJI's sloppy coding of the FW, now have a paperweight collecting dust as I have no confidence in the unit. I have re-calibrated ALL the sensors (VPS, IMU, Compass), and refreshed the drone FW 4 times, along with the RC, and guess what? The issue still happens.

I know I'm going to be lambasted for this, but I don't care, There is an issue, and rude Captains or not, this is going to be heard. This needs to be out there and visible, so DJI takes note and gets their act together.
2018-6-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

TechVoyager Posted at 2018-6-6 03:33

It looks as if that thread is still out there, as hallmark007 located the link.

However it does not get listed in the main directory, nor does it show when searching for the word "attack" on the entire forum, so in essence, it has been hidden from view, which is almost the same as deleting it outright.
2018-6-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Agreed,

Judging from posts I've read over at MavicPilots and here in the MP discussions, there seems to be a continuity between the issues being experienced by the MA and now the MP.

In many development environments and projects, different products share the same primary code base. It's likely that something DJI changed and published to this product lines' firmware is having a negative effect on both models.
2018-6-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 03:51

Would it be this one, again as I said no threads deleted, just others trying to spread hysteria.

It's still not listed in the search results when the search term "attack" is used, so in essence the post is hidden from view. The net result is it's been deleted, unless you have the direct URL.

I have now added this to my original post.
2018-6-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-6 04:38
doesn’t mean most people even join to begin with.   Just means most people that bother to join happen to also complain.  

Exactly...

Most people today won't take the time to come onto a forum to complain, because lately they're just put down by others on the board that it's actually not an issue, or that it is actually their problem to begin with and not the fault of the product.

While this is true in some cases, most people don't have time for BS like this and just deal with the company directly, or end up returning the product and are done with it.

It's always entertaining when people use forum participation to try and excuse an issue with a product, quite funny as it's not even close to being an accurate metric of a problem.
2018-6-6
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-6 08:07
Your attitude is what organizations like DJI count on, to keep the "status quo" and not ruffle any feathers to promote change and improvement...

This isn't some piece of software to do your accounting, or firmware for a alarm clock, this is software that governs the operation of a device that is airborne, and can cause SIGNIFICANT INJURY or PROPERTY DAMAGE as a result of buggy software.

Agree, a matter of time for someone to drop a drone on someone's head and then maybe a proper answer will come. Sad world of marketing.
2018-6-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-6-6 04:43

Once something reaches around 7% failure rate, it kicks in some laws that makes the company recall either all the possible batches of units affected or send the customer information to send the unit for a free revision. Companies are FORCED by law to do this, otherwise they will get into quite some troubles. I know it because my previous company went through a faulty device in one unit and once we reached 7% of units with problems, hell got loose with the providers.

You're again bringing up percentages of units sold that might be defective or are exhibiting problems, when in fact YOU DO NOT KNOW the numbers or percentages of the MA sales, or how many may actually be affected by the issues with FW .0400.

And as others here have said, many owners who will experience an issue like this will simply return it to the point of sale without even blinking an eye or taking the time to complain on a message board, so to insinuate that because not many people are complaining here is proof there is no significant issue that puts it within the 5-7% threshold of units sold, is insane.

And no, what he and I are doing here is NOT one of "the worst ways", it's actually the way that forces a company to begin to act due to the negative publicity they get, because in the social media age, that can be more damaging than the defect itself.
2018-6-6
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

I will actually stop posting anything here because it is truly a waste of time and in the end, time is money and in some way we already kind of lost thousand bucks.
I will make sure to try the last step which was suggested by hallmark007 since I truly appreciate any answer and send my brand new drone for inspection.

Good luck fellas.
2018-6-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 05:36
So far with almost 60 posts, we have seen 3 with problems. Including OP.

Wow, really?

The reason I posted links to all those forum threads is because there are MANY more people with MA .0400 issues.

Way to try and spin things to make it seem like there aren't many problems, good grief!
2018-6-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Nikolay S Donev Posted at 2018-6-6 08:27
Agree, a matter of time for someone to drop a drone on someone's head and then maybe a proper answer will come. Sad world of marketing.

On matter of human damage.  Most people think about one of spinning props making a small slashin cut, then breaking off.  Not to serious sounding.
Real danger comes when drone is moving at medium to high speed.  The props can stab like a bladed knife.

2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-6 08:22
It's still not listed in the search results when the search term "attack" is used, so in essence the post is hidden from view. The net result is it's been deleted, unless you have the direct URL.

I have now added this to my original post.

You said it was deleted it’s not, trying to imply something that isn’t true to bolster your case won’t help you.
The search on here is pi#s poor always has been.
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-6 08:11
I did choose to use it, as I have previously stated, so please stop twisting what I say around to support your needs.

I opened the claim, attempting to speak with DJI on a few occasions, and was stone walled at each turn and basically patronized by the support rep.

There is no need to talk to dji, just set up a case with support by email they will arrange everything, including a case number, pop your drone your not using into parcel it will be picked up sent for analysis and repaired, you will have it back in two weeks. Roberts your fathers brother (Bobs your uncle)

You see people are trying to help but practical Help doesn’t suit you.
But for me if I had problems with my drone through no fault of my own I would return and explain that the vast majority of MavAir users are having no problems and you want nothing more or less different than that. That’s how you get a problem sorted and you don’t have to wait months for new firmware. It may sound pragmatic but I’m sure if you had a new TV laptop or car you would do exactly this.
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-6 08:11

I opened the claim, attempting to speak with DJI on a few occasions, and was stone walled at each turn and basically patronized by the support rep.

“You're also far to quick to trust these DJI "admins" who are nothing more than PR talking heads and facilitators here.”

Again demeaning people seems to be your forte here, show some respect and you might receive some.
2018-6-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 09:09
“You're also far to quick to trust these DJI "admins" who are nothing more than PR talking heads and facilitators here.”

Again demeaning people seems to be your forte here, show some respect and you might receive some.

It's not demeaning when it in fact is true...

The comments the majority of them make are little more than fluff pieces, and often are made without reading the original query of the customer they are responding to. Often they regurgitate the same material, proving these are scripted / canned responses.

Being in IT, I have ZERO tolerance or respect for "support" people like this, because they actually should never be in the support business.

And this extends to the DJI support teams I've dealt with; all they do is provide canned responses and no real support.
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-6 09:17

The comments the majority of them make are little more than fluff pieces, and often are made without reading the original query of the customer they are responding to. Often they regurgitate the same material, proving these are scripted / canned responses.

They have PM and I have used it many times for many different things and the personal service is both private and many of the things they will do for all are way outside what you perceive to be the norm. Something else you will learn when your around here for a while.
2018-6-6
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-6 08:07
Your attitude is what organizations like DJI count on, to keep the "status quo" and not ruffle any feathers to promote change and improvement...

@Edison,  
    Most of the time I've been very happy with the advice of the Captains and Officers in this forum.  But I'm with you on this particular issue, for a number of reasons.  Also being in IT, I understand what a difference that firmware can make.  I have also seen firmware act completely different in the same model of computer.  I also understand that just because everyone doesn't have a problem doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist.  The biggest problem here is that there is no acknowledgement that there is an issue.  There are only so many times that the phrase "this is an isolated incident" can be used.  I'm one of the lucky ones that have been able to sort out my issues.  Does that mean that there isn't an issue with the .0400 firmware?  No.  it does not.  The fact is that I had no problems before I updated and then after I updated, then I did have problems.  I went through extensive troubleshooting and updating and such, and my issues have been resolved.  I don't know what the problem is or was, but i know it was introduced with the introduction of the .0400 firmware.  To dismiss that for others problems is just disrespectful.
@HereForTheBeer said "For most people, even 1 failure is 1 too many.. spend $800-$1000 it doesn’t matter what the failure rate maybe, if yours is misbehaving that’s 1 too many. "
This could not be any more true.  I don't have dough to throw around like that.  And as a hobbyist, this isn't making me any money, so that's just money gone.  If a problem that is of no fault of my own causes me not to be able to use my investment, I'm going to be angry too.  To that end, this is a serious problem.  Even if it's not a serious problem to tens of thousands of users, it's still a problem.

Maybe your point is that since it's not a problem to tens of thousands of pilots, the fix isn't on the fast track.  Then that is what should be said.  But saying that it isn't an issue is insulting.  I have learned that offering options instead of editorial is significantly more helpful in situations like this.

@hallmark007, you are correct in that it is not an epidemic.  It is not affecting everybody.  But it is in fact affecting some people.  And to those people, it is an expensive, terrible, serious thing.  For others, who were able to recolve their issues, like myself, it was a horrible, life altering, disaster.  Until it wasn't.  Now, I can look back and see that it was not a disaster.  It was not life altering.  But I can say that because I'm back to flying.  For those that can't fly safely, it's effectively a $800 paperweight.

But make no mistake about it.  This is a COMMUNITY forum.  The DJI Admins here are really only here to moderate and basically tow the comany lines.  The community will try to help out, but this is not official DJI support.
The reason that I am so active in this community now is because I love to talk about this new hobby that I have found.  I enjoy watching other pilot's work.  I want to share my experiences with other pilots who will understand what I'm talking about.  I want to have discussions with other pilots when I have problems or questions.  What I don't want is for my problems to be diminished by someone who does not have the same problem.  

I try to remain supportive of people when they have problems.  By the same token, I don't feel the need to bash someone when I don't agree with their opinion.

This particular post probably won't change anything at all, but I felt like I needed to say it.

2018-6-6
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 09:21
They have PM and I have used it many times for many different things and the personal service is both private and many of the things they will do for all are way outside what you perceive to be the norm. Something else you will learn when your around here for a while.

I'm so glad that you have that kind of experience with the admins here.  I have PM'd 2 different admins on 2 different occasions and not gotten any reply.

--I'm not being a smarta$$.  i'm really happy that you get that kind of support.  maybe when i'm here for more than a few months, I'll start to have a better view.
2018-6-6
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-6 09:17

Edison,
You and I are probably a lot alike.  I normally start conversations with any support representative with "If you're reading from a script, please transfer me to the next level.  thanks."
I'm notoriously hard on support, because of my field.  I expect a lot, and am disappointed a lot of the time.
2018-6-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

3-D Posted at 2018-6-6 09:34
Edison,
You and I are probably a lot alike.  I normally start conversations with any support representative with "If you're reading from a script, please transfer me to the next level.  thanks."
I'm notoriously hard on support, because of my field.  I expect a lot, and am disappointed a lot of the time.

Hi 3-D,

Yes, that's exactly the same thing with me... When time is money, and also being in the IT industry, I have no patience for that sort of thing, and I catch on to scripted / canned responses quickly, because again, I'm in the industry and recognize standard responses.

And it's more frustrating for someone like myself, who bought one of these units to actually do some commercial projects with, only to now be stopped by these issues, and thus losing money on projects I could've otherwise completed and billed for. But even if I was in this as a hobby, as you are, it would still be infuriating.

Like you said in previous post, it isn't a life-altering disaster, but it's still an emotional event that shouldn't be needed. And to that point, how many people who buy these devices are actually skillful enough with firmware, data log extraction, and troubleshooting techniques, to not just want to throw in the towel and either come here to vent, or just return the thing and call it quits in frustration?
2018-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules