Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Threads detailing SERIOUS issue with Mavic Air FW v01.00.0400
41589 698 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3-D
Captain
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since this thread has spiraled into the realm "what the heck??"  I'd like to just place this here, and i'll gracefully bow out.

Edison started this post and listed 10 different threads of people that have had problems after updating to .0400.
The VERY FIRST thing that Hallmark did was  come to the defense of the company, and the state that the problems really aren't that bad.
Then Watchberger (albeit with much more tact) said the same thing.Listen, I've got no problem with DJI as a company.  And I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone here does.  I think we want to see more accountability and transparency.  And that is ultimately what this post was initially about.  Wanting DJI to own their mess.

Both of you are entitled to your opinions, but how does refuting that a problem exists help those pilots that ARE ACTUALLY HAVING ISSUES? - EDIT:  Watchberger started out about finding root cause and solution, so i must give credit for that.
You both point out that many pilots are not having issues.  and nobody disagrees with that.    Does that negate the fact that a problem exists?
Just because it is fixable in some instances, doesn't mean that a problem isn't real, or serious.

I troubleshoot technical stuff for a living.  I like to think i'm pretty good at it, and I like to think that I know a few things about electronics.  And one thing that I have learned is that as hard as you try to make a standard, there will be variances.  The ghost in the machine lives.  Firmware comes in and moves the ghosts furniture, and sometimes, he doesn't like it.
A wise man once said to me "Without truth, or proof, perception is reality."  
Hallmark has repeatedly asked for proof of statements made.  I respectfully ask this.  Can anyone here (not just hallmark)  prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the firmware update DID NOT cause my problems?  The answer is no.  So my reality is that the firmware caused my problems.  After a few weeks, i was able to fix mine.  Other pilots are not so lucky.  So guys, CHILL.  A problem is a problem.  Folks come here for solutions, not to watch a bunch of grown a$$ men argue. --self included-- (well, actually, when you step back, and grab the popcorn, it's kinda funny, but still)

We are all here because we have 1 thing in common.  We all own DJI Mavics.  No matter which flavor, we are all pilots.  Where did the respect go?  Tounges in bungs?  Come on!!
EDIT 2:  I told hallmark, and i'll say it publicly to watchberger.  I respect your opinion.  both of you have obviously been flying for much longer than I have, however, in this instance we don't agree.

2018-6-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

3-D Posted at 2018-6-7 16:11
Since this thread has spiraled into the realm "what the heck??"  I'd like to just place this here, and i'll gracefully bow out.

Edison started this post and listed 10 different threads of people that have had problems after updating to .0400.

When your opener is that OP listed 10 threads relating to .400 problems when it’s clear that 4 of them have nothing to do with .400, and we’re clearly put in there to create hysteria, when you fail to add to your list others who are clearly trying as hard as they can to be a one man wrecking ball both here and other threads, it gives very little credibility to what you say.
When you say you cured your problems with .400 and fail to tell those who have problems that you crashed your drone which could very well be the cause of your problems just prior to .400 also lends very little credibility to your post.
Nobody including myself have said there wasn’t a problem with .400 , but what we tried to do was let others know that by creating hysteria and demanding that dji come forward was a complete waste of posters time, it hasn’t happened in all the years I’ve been here and it won’t happen here either, dji as we all know are a private company so can choose to do what they think is best for their business whether we like it or not and I would imagine that there exponential growth year on year is a sign to them at least that they are running things in a way that is best for them you can do that when you own the whole company.
And if your around here long enough you will be telling others how things will go down, but it’s very obvious that some here can’t handle the truth .
There are ways to make dji feel that this is not acceptable and I suggested this but it seems like they are prepared to carry on waiting for transparency which won’t come. It’s worth remembering that for P4Pro the wait took 7 months and it arrived like nothing was ever wrong.
2018-6-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-7 16:11

The ghost in the machine lives.  

Had a Ghost in a machine that lived on for years; without anyone aware.  No diagnostics showed any problem.  Despite Ghost, OS ran without problems.  Numerous different programs had been run on machine over serveral years without problems.  

It was not until results of a single program was being compared against results from another machine (system) that a difference in output was noticed.  After program had run for hours, producing correct results, program would start occassionaly spitting out incorrect results.  (if I remember problem right).  One out of sixteen numbers would be off by one or two low order digits in mantissa of a floating point number.

That Ghost in machine became a Nightmare - to narrow down!  Checking Libraries, Compilers, Linkers, OS against OS, and differences between two machines.  Even got to point of comparing with a third machine.   Lot of absolute experts came away shaking (their heads).

2018-6-7
Use props
3-D
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-7 17:00
When your opener is that OP listed 10 threads relating to .400 problems when it’s clear that 4 of them have nothing to do with .400, and we’re clearly put in there to create hysteria, when you fail to add to your list others who are clearly trying as hard as they can to be a one man wrecking ball both here and other threads, it gives very little credibility to what you say.
When you say you cured your problems with .400 and fail to tell those who have problems that you crashed your drone which could very well be the cause of your problems just prior to .400 also lends very little credibility to your post.
Nobody including myself have said there wasn’t a problem with .400 , but what we tried to do was let others know that by creating hysteria and demanding that dji come forward was a complete waste of posters time, it hasn’t happened in all the years I’ve been here and it won’t happen here either, dji as we all know are a private company so can choose to do what they think is best for their business whether we like it or not and I would imagine that there exponential growth year on year is a sign to them at least that they are running things in a way that is best for them you can do that when you own the whole company.

Just because something hasn't happened, doesn't mean we should ask for it.  You're right.  there has been no transparency to this point.  Does that mean that there shouldn't be?  I don't think so.  My wife always tells my children "you have not, because you ask not."  If there is no transparency, and we never ask for it, we will never get it.  

And I have not hidden from anyone that I had a crash.  I was lucky that it was minor, and the Air hit a glass door and barely fell 6 ft.  (it could have been so much worse.)

Let me ask this...  Do you think it is acceptable that it took 7 months to give an updated firmware for the Phantom?  I don't.  and I don't even fly a phantom.  It is perfectly within reason to demand better.
2018-6-7
Use props
3-D
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-7 17:10
The ghost in the machine lives.  

Had a Ghost in a machine that lived on for years; without anyone aware.  No diagnostics showed any problem.  Despite Ghost, OS ran without problems.  Numerous different programs had been run on machine over serveral years without problems.  

I have lived that nightmare many times.  The ghost always seems to come out to play around holidays and weekends or date night.
2018-6-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-7 17:00
When your opener is that OP listed 10 threads relating to .400 problems when it’s clear that 4 of them have nothing to do with .400, and we’re clearly put in there to create hysteria, when you fail to add to your list others who are clearly trying as hard as they can to be a one man wrecking ball both here and other threads, it gives very little credibility to what you say.
Nobody including myself have said there wasn’t a problem with .400 , but what we tried to do was let others know that by creating hysteria and demanding that dji come forward was a complete waste of posters time, it hasn’t happened in all the years I’ve been here and it won’t happen here either, dji as we all know are a private company so can choose to do what they think is best for their business whether we like it or not and I would imagine that there exponential growth year on year is a sign to them at least that they are running things in a way that is best for them you can do that when you own the whole company.

hallmark007 - And if your around here long enough you will be telling others how things will go down, but it’s very obvious that some here can’t handle the truth .

Fine it's the Truth, if you say so.

But that does not mean we have to curl up in a ball, suck on our thumbs, and take it.  Even if threads like this one never get problem(s) solved - threads like this will (or can) alert potential customers what they are in for.

IMO: DJI is hurting it's business model by not allowing people with Mavic Air problems to revert to .300.  I realize you have been around here a long time.  However, things have changed in last five years.  The increase in WWW, (aka Internet) has made a real impact on businesses and their models.  

Good example is number of Newspaper and Magazine outlets going from paper to 1&0s.  A friend was telling a few months ago, how their CEO had made a big mistake.  CEO ignoring advice of company's Internet aware PR dept.  Company took a big hit thanks to numerous negative Internet comments, remarks, and ratings - that need proper handling; instead of CEO's disconnection.  Now where have we seen that before?

2018-6-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

3-D Posted at 2018-6-7 17:17
Just because something hasn't happened, doesn't mean we should ask for it.  You're right.  there has been no transparency to this point.  Does that mean that there shouldn't be?  I don't think so.  My wife always tells my children "you have not, because you ask not."  If there is no transparency, and we never ask for it, we will never get it.  

And I have not hidden from anyone that I had a crash.  I was lucky that it was minor, and the Air hit a glass door and barely fell 6 ft.  (it could have been so much worse.)

No I don’t think it’s acceptable, so I just returned my P4Pro and received a new one, dji are very obviously the most successful consumer drone company in the world, they obviously feel that the way they run their company works for them, I have seen the same with companies like Cannon who seem to operate in a similar fashion, my point is that while some think that creating hysteria is somehow going to change this I believe it won’t , so better to take a different approach.
Those who create hysteria show no concern for new users who face this forum for many afraid to fly think they have to wait for new FW updates ground their aircraft, when hysteria is created like this no concern is given to those users who also are part of this forum.
If there is something wrong call it as it is don’t try to beef it up to make your case consider others . Telling others if they try to send their drone for replacement or repair they are likely to get a drone that will spiral to death is neither helpful or true, this is the kind of stuff I don’t agree with and serves no purpose.

Problem around here is those that try to help face the wrath of those on a witch hunt, but that’s ok I have a thick skin.
2018-6-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-7 17:34
No I don’t think it’s acceptable, so I just returned my P4Pro and received a new one, dji are very obviously the most successful consumer drone company in the world, they obviously feel that the way they run their company works for them, I have seen the same with companies like Cannon who seem to operate in a similar fashion, my point is that while some think that creating hysteria is somehow going to change this I believe it won’t , so better to take a different approach.
Those who create hysteria show no concern for new users who face this forum for many afraid to fly think they have to wait for new FW updates ground their aircraft, when hysteria is created like this no concern is given to those users who also are part of this forum.
If there is something wrong call it as it is don’t try to beef it up to make your case consider others . Telling others if they try to send their drone for replacement or repair they are likely to get a drone that will spiral to death is neither helpful or true, this is the kind of stuff I don’t agree with and serves no purpose.

Those who create hysteria show no concern for new users who face this forum for many afraid to fly think they have to wait for new FW updates ground their aircraft  

The supposed ''hysteria'' is a DJI created issue.  All DJI had to do was come forward and say something like:

We see a few Mavic Air owners are having problems after they upgrade their MAs to .400.  We plan to work with those customers to resolve their problems.  So those few customers do not have to wait, and can get back to flying - We are providing a link to download re-release of Firmware .300 from along with a program that allow downgrade of Mavic Air.

As such, you can forget about trying to Guilt trip people here.  

2018-6-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-7 17:45
Those who create hysteria show no concern for new users who face this forum for many afraid to fly think they have to wait for new FW updates ground their aircraft  

The fact that you don’t even own a Mavic Air you are on every thread regarding Mavic Air , not trying to help but trying to be the one man wrecking ball you are, now I really should avoid you. Good night.
2018-6-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-7 17:51
The fact that you don’t even own a Mavic Air you are on every thread regarding Mavic Air , not trying to help but trying to be the one man wrecking ball you are, now I really should avoid you. Good night.

I thought it was past your bed time Davey.  Maybe mommy will let you stay up late tomorrow night if you take a nappy first.

Sweet dreams!
2018-6-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Now that someone has gone beddy bye.  Maybe together we can come up with a Pole...

Proposed Poll:
For Mavic Air owners only.   Non Mavic Air owners are welcome to comment, but please do not vote.

In poll below ''DJI problem(s)'' being defined as a problem not caused by owner or user of Mavic Air.

My Mavic Air:

1) has never had a DJI problem.
2) was returned for refund due to DJI problem.
3) was returned and replaced due to a DJI problem.
4) has been in for repair once, and returned and working without DJI problems.
5) has been in for repair once, and was not fixed.
6) has been in for repair once, and has new problem(s).
7) has been in for repair twice, and returned and working without DJI problems.
8) has been in for repair twice, and was not fixed.
9) has been in for repair twice, and has new problem(s).
10) has been in for repair three or more times, and returned and working without DJI problems.
11) has been in for repair three or more times, and was not fixed.
12) has been in for repair three or more times, and has new problem(s).
13) Other - Please explain

The above is not actual Poll.  Only proposed version.
2018-6-7
Use props
Jim_Ball
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49754 ft
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 11:17
You know this thing about good captains v bad captains is pretty frugal , captains are just the same as level 1 users, they may have been on the forum longer and have more experience of how dji works, but that’s about it.
While you agree this is not an epidemic I find it strange that those who are having problems would rather come here week after week and air there case and what should be done about it, but when someone offers a much more pragmatic solution one that will save the likes of Edison money and time, your shot down as a dji fan boy.

Thank you for clarifying this.  However, some forum members seem to always take a certain very predictive position in all discussions, to the extend that it gives people an impression that they represent DJI.
2018-6-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

OK,

I'm going to get a couple things straight, in multiple responses to catch up on this thread I started...

First off, I started this discussion because I wanted to provide a central "index" if you will, of the numerous issues reported by various pilots with the Mavic Air after installing the 0400 update. The goal was to raise awareness of current pilots of the situations to save them time from having to search for evidence of issues on their own that they might suspect is occurring to them, but also to raise awareness to potential future owners considering the MA as their next drone to let them know what they might be in for. And also to demand change for the better from DJI, because despite what some of the members here continue to push as "this is normal, and don't bother demanding change cause nothing will change", this is not what NORMAL should be, and if someone doesn't start to speak up to let the truth be known, then they're right, nothing will change because we won't give DJI a reason to change.

If someone doesn't open their mouth to demand change, then nothing will change. Even if the attempt is futile, it must still be made so it goes on record, so that perhaps others will join the chorus and make it heard better.

Here's a prime example from my career... Working in IT, and in a corporate environment where Microsoft is king, I find myself ALWAYS arguing for changing and fighting the status quo there, because most corporate IT is so entrenched in Microsoft that they REFUSE to even look at anything else. I've fought many a good fights in my quarter century career, and have won many of them, with the outcome being change for the better, for both the companies and their end users. If I hadn't tried to fight for that change, it would still be the same'ol Microsoft bug-riddled cesspool.

DJI might be the king of drones and gimbals in the world today, and though they are a private company, that doesn't mean we, their CUSTOMERS, shouldn't hold them accountable for their actions, or inactions, or demand better from them.

I'll respond to other posters here directly in upcoming posts...
2018-6-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-7 09:24
@Edison1979 “There is ZERO logic in your recommendations, as replacing the drone with another unit “

It amazing what 24 hours will do, maybe you shouldn’t be so quick to shoot the messenger around here, for one who thought there was ZERO logic in replacing your MavAir, you do exactly that and hey presto you got one like the vast majority.

@hallmark007,

I am totally unsurprised that you jumped on this information as quick as you have...

I still stand by the statement of there being ZERO logic, and here is why, the second drone now exhibits the same behaviours of the first!!!

The initial comments I made were after a very brief test flight due to the time of day, and I just reported that initial finding here, so by no means was it conclusive. Yet you jumped on it, and tried to make it appear as though I had gone back on what I'd stated earlier, which I expected from you by your previous posts.

I picked up a second unit as part of my troubleshooting efforts to prove (or disprove) whether throwing replacement hardware at the problem, by purchasing new from a vendor, or replacement from DJI under warranty, would in fact solve the issues, which I have now proven, it does not. Hence, replacing my MA with a new one from DJI, even under warranty, will NOT guarantee it's proper operation, as there are ISSUES WITH THE FIRMWARE.

And excuse me, but after 25 years in IT dealing with people like you, I have little patience to be patronized, or put down, so I call a spade a spade and don't beat around the bush. Like others have said here, you have your view, others have theirs, and yet you won't let it die. You continue to stand in defence of a private company and their shoddy practices, making insinuations that this is the way it is, there is no possibility of change, and to just live with it. Guess what, other people, who work hard for what they do and the money they spend, expect and deserve better, and have the right to express their views, and sometimes their frustrations and anger, to try and invoke change. And people like you, will be ignored, perhaps even vilified, for supporting the status quo.

If you don't like it, then be mature about it, quit while you're ahead and walk away. Not keep skulking back to have the last word on everything. It shows a tremendous immaturity, and fanboyisim to DJI.
2018-6-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

Brantel Posted at 2018-6-7 12:45
Awesome thanks for the follow up!

@Brantel,

As I just eluded to in my response to @hallmark007, the new MA has just experienced the same yaw issue as the last unit, on only it's third flight...

I performed a precision takeoff to 20ft, in a completely open area with no interference points, calibrated compass, and 19 GPS sat locks (a new record for me BTW). I let the drone hover for a good 15 seconds, then turned 45 degrees to the right and began moving forward, and all of a sudden the drone started yawing to the left on it's own with my finger off the yaw controls. Once I gave it a snap to the right, it stopped the veering and began operating normally again for the rest of the flight.

So, I managed to demonstrate that the replacement unit began to have the same uncontrolled yaw movement as others have reported. And this is a brand-new unit, freshly updated to 0400 via Assistant 2 1.2.4. Though no where near as severe as I have experienced with the first MA, or as others have shown here, the error persists.

Now I also wanted to address the issue reported here of choppy video transmission or cutouts, so I conducted a little experiment with the new MA...

DJI GO 4 is a shared-platform app (platform refers to the multiple supported DJI products it connects to), and exposes the various feature sets of each drone it connects to at that time. When Mavic Pro owners came into the discussion, despite being panned by the likes of @hallmark007 and others for doing so, I wanted to determine if there was a connection, and sure enough, there appears to be...

When the "Strong Aircraft Interference" warning appears, it's usually accompanied by video signal transmission interruption, and lack of responsiveness from the AC. Now, if this were in fact the case that the signal was being interrupted or lost, the live video feed that gets cached to the device running DJI GO 4 should have gaps or pauses in it, and rudder responses should show signs of irregularities in the video feeds captured on-drone, especially if a breaking maneuver is performed during a transmission interruption period.

What in fact appears to be happening, is the "Strong Aircraft Interference" warning seems to be a false-positive, because there actually is no interference, but rather resource saturation happening on the smartphone due to DJI GO 4, and what appears to be a resource leak within the app, which saturates the memory and CPU of the device, preventing it from keeping up with the live video feed, but still capturing the data and transmitting stick responses. This is why buffered video is smooth as silk, and rudder controls on the video appear normal, because the drone never breaks contact, or even had the signal interfered with; it was the app that was locking up and unable to keep up. This would explain why, for some time, both Mavic Air and Mavic Pro pilots have been experiencing the same issues. It also explains why for some users they receive these errors and disruptions with the drone hovering only 10-20ft away with no other interference sources in the vicinity.

So, at least where the Signal Aircraft Interference warnings are concerned, I do not believe this is a 0400 issue, but rather an app issue. Parts of the firmware from all the supported aircraft from DJI must share the same codebase and API's that are used with DJI GO 4, and this explains why more than one model now experience issues. Also, DJI GO 4 is coded and maintained by a third-party company, and not DJI directly. I personally believe this is a HUGE mistake, as apps of this nature that are maintained by third-parties NEVER work properly with the intended equipment.

OK, that was a long post, but I wanted to get it out there
2018-6-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-7 14:32
As I said getting involved using Mavic Pro as an example you are just trying to upstart here, I’m talking about MavAir, and I can just as easily show you on this very thread a replacement drone that works perfectly and guess what it’s a MavAir.

@hallmark007,

Review my response above to @Brantel... DJI drones share a common codebase in their firmwares, and also share the same API's in order to function with DJI GO 4. So it's perfectly reasonable to predict that a change made to the primary codebase will cause issues for more than one drone, which in this case it appears to have happened.

I opened this thread for this very purpose, so if you don't like Mavic Pro pilots from chiming in with their feedback, tough! Get over it! At this point, we need data points from as many sources as possible, and if Mavic Pro pilots are also seeing similar issues as Mavic Air pilots, it's likely due to the codebase changes, and it IS relevant to this conversation, so leave them alone and allow them to provide the feedback that is sorely needed to complete this puzzle.
2018-6-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-7 14:34
I take it you can’t show me Mavic Air death spiral, I thought so.

@hallmark007,

This is an ad-hominem attack... What was that you said about me earlier, that I "rubbish forum members", and yet you do the same thing when someone comes in with legitimate issues?

Hypocrite...
2018-6-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-7 20:27
OK,

I'm going to get a couple things straight, in multiple responses to catch up on this thread I started...

EdisonW1979  - First off, I started this discussion because I wanted to provide a central "index" if you will, of the numerous issues reported by various pilots with the Mavic Air after installing the 0400 update.

EdisonW1979  - The goal was to raise awareness of current pilots of the situations to save them time from having to search for evidence of issues on their own that they might suspect is occurring to them,

2018-6-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-7 17:51
The fact that you don’t even own a Mavic Air you are on every thread regarding Mavic Air , not trying to help but trying to be the one man wrecking ball you are, now I really should avoid you. Good night.

@hallmark007,

Now who's rubbishing forum members? Wow... He has legitimate reason to contribute to this thread, as the two drones share a codebase which could've been updated by DJI on both units and now is causing similar issues. This is very much relevant.

If you don't like it, well, there's the door...
2018-6-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-7 21:00
@Brantel,

As I just eluded to in my response to @hallmark007, the new MA has just experienced the same yaw issue as the last unit, on only it's third flight...

the new MA has just experienced the same yaw issue as the last unit, on only it's third flight...

Several things;

First, let me say - Sorry to hear that.  Really don't want anyone having problems, even those I have disagreed with.

Thanks for putting forth $$$$ to test out .400 firmware and 'GO 4'.

After reading several posts here (and elsewhere), I agree the "Strong Aircraft Interference" warning seems to be a false-positive.

Not sure if its a resource leak within the app.  Still wondering if wrong memory area is being accessed due to a bug.  Possibly a coding mistake where programmer forgot to initiate a variable / array.  No matter, we agree something is a miss.

Was not aware that ''GO 4'' is coded and maintained by a third-party company, and not DJI directly''.  I agree that is not a good thing, because of communication issues (a smashed Mars probe comes to mind), no direct connection (as in walk down hallway and have a needed chat), and third-party's programming skills may get re-directed to another company's product (leading to limited hours and programmers forgetting or becoming confused) between DJI's ''GO 4'' and other company's Android based product.

2018-6-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-7 20:36
@hallmark007,

I am totally unsurprised that you jumped on this information as quick as you have...

EdisonW1979 - Hence, replacing my MA with a new one from DJI, even under warranty, will NOT guarantee it's proper operation, as there are ISSUES WITH THE FIRMWARE.

That's going to leave a festering boil of sore spot!  

2018-6-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-7 22:48
the new MA has just experienced the same yaw issue as the last unit, on only it's third flight...

Several things;

@HedgeTrimmer,

Neither did I... A DJI support person I spoke to on that ticket from hell blirted out that they were aware of an issue with the DJI GO 4 app, and were “coordinating with the app developer to correct the issues”. That’s how I got informed, and later on did some more digging and confirmed it.
2018-6-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-7 20:36
@hallmark007,

I am totally unsurprised that you jumped on this information as quick as you have...

It seems it’s ok to comment on this thread so long as we all agree with your opinion, how ridiculous is that.
Regarding your second drone, while we all thought that the vast majority of MavAir drones were working fine, this being born out of the fact that on this thread there are 4 with problems , you seem to have hit the jackpot, you almost got exactly what you were looking for, it does seem strange that purchasing a new Mavic Air and activating it that we don’t see it appear on your avatar, but I’m sure we will see the video sometime, it certainly will enhance your case. Or at least we will see flight log.
2018-6-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-7 21:04
@hallmark007,

Review my response above to @Brantel... DJI drones share a common codebase in their firmwares, and also share the same API's in order to function with DJI GO 4. So it's perfectly reasonable to predict that a change made to the primary codebase will cause issues for more than one drone, which in this case it appears to have happened.

I am a Mavic Pro owner, I know how it works and most if not all you said is frankly total BS.
2018-6-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-7 21:05
@hallmark007,

This is an ad-hominem attack... What was that you said about me earlier, that I "rubbish forum members", and yet you do the same thing when someone comes in with legitimate issues?

It’s not a legitimate issue go checkout the link before you make your comment.
2018-6-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-7 21:07
@hallmark007,

Now who's rubbishing forum members? Wow... He has legitimate reason to contribute to this thread, as the two drones share a codebase which could've been updated by DJI on both units and now is causing similar issues. This is very much relevant.

Again only your opinion of how things work, it’s strange that you forgot to bring P4Pro and spark into the equation , or maybe the fact that ronin Osmo inspire 1 Osmo Mobile also work of the same app you will go check that app out and see if they are having the same problems.
2018-6-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-7 21:07
@hallmark007,

Now who's rubbishing forum members? Wow... He has legitimate reason to contribute to this thread, as the two drones share a codebase which could've been updated by DJI on both units and now is causing similar issues. This is very much relevant.

I have 6 drones do I not qualify , or do I have to accept only your opinion.
2018-6-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-7 22:58
@HedgeTrimmer,

Neither did I... A DJI support person I spoke to on that ticket from hell blirted out that they were aware of an issue with the DJI GO 4 app, and were “coordinating with the app developer to correct the issues”. That’s how I got informed, and later on did some more digging and confirmed it.

There is always problems with dji go4 app and continuing development is always on going , I don’t think he blurted out anything, he was just being honest. Even today we have new app update bug fixes, maybe your prayers will be answered.
2018-6-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jim_Ball Posted at 2018-6-7 19:50
Thank you for clarifying this.  However, some forum members seem to always take a certain very predictive position in all discussions, to the extend that it gives people an impression that they represent DJI.

I presume it’s alright to have another opinion , which is garnered through experience.
2018-6-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-7 20:27
OK,

I'm going to get a couple things straight, in multiple responses to catch up on this thread I started...

“If someone doesn't open their mouth to demand change, then nothing will change. Even if the attempt is futile, it must still be made so it goes on record, so that perhaps others will join the chorus and make it heard better.”

If the attempt is futile change the attack, when flogging a dead horse doesn’t get you anywhere you move on to the next thing, your attitude was to wait for the next firmware and if it still is then you are just going to have to wait until firmware is ready and however long it takes to get it right this is the correct procedure, as someone with all your experience in IT you will know this. To produce another firmware that wasn’t correct would indeed be futile.
2018-6-8
Use props
Brantel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

There are dozens of threads on likely a  dozen forums and groups and I have personally noted over a hundred unique  reports (I stopped counting) of the yaw glitch/twitch or  slow turning while hovering.  There have been logs posted as well as videos.  The numbers are increasing every day...I noticed two more reports this morning.
2018-6-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Brantel Posted at 2018-6-8 03:55
There are dozens of threads on likely a  dozen forums and groups and I have personally noted over a hundred unique  reports (I stopped counting) of the yaw glitch/twitch or  slow turning while hovering.  There have been logs posted as well as videos.  The numbers are increasing every day...I noticed two more reports this morning.

I suppose it’s fortunate that the numbers are still pretty small on this thread. But as you have already been told it’s been worked on I’m not sure what more can be done.
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I went to bed too early...
this is me reading this thread now
2018-6-8
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Captain
Flight distance : 795653 ft
Switzerland

Jeez! I can’t be bothered to read all this, but you guys look like you’re having ‘fun’
2018-6-8
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

DJI GO 4 app has been updated to 4.2.20 as of a few hours ago.  Hoping this maybe fixes some issues you are seeing as well as the C1 and C2 buttons(MP) and function buttons(MA) stopping working after POI.  
2018-6-8
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-8 02:30
Again only your opinion of how things work, it’s strange that you forgot to bring P4Pro and spark into the equation , or maybe the fact that ronin Osmo inspire 1 Osmo Mobile also work of the same app you will go check that app out and see if they are having the same problems.

@hallmark007,

I'm just responding to this one post, instead of all your spam, as you are getting tiresome...

As someone else noted here, MANY times now, you've been proven wrong, yet you hold fast to your opinion, which as you say, you're entitled to.

But for the love of god, stop hijacking a legitimate thread! This was created for a purpose, and your immature "I will have the last word" BS is getting out of hand. You've made your case, great, now just move along, and let this thread serve the purpose, which is to discuss, evaluate, and catalogue the issues facing the MA, and now the MP, and perhaps others, as well. If all you can do is regurgitate the same comments over and over, I doubt anyone here wants to hear it!

I've also seen your conversations with the RC helicopter pilot, @asaw if I remember his alias correctly, on this board, and it was unbelievable how condescending you were to him, despite him making valid and legitimate claims as well.

And you think that just because you own 6 drones that all of a sudden it means everyone should bow down and kiss your boots and take your "opinion" as gospel? Give me a break! There are others on here, such as myself, 3-D, Brantel, with different backgrounds, skills, and approaches to diagnosing these issues, that you may not understand or be aware of, which doesn't make them any less valid!

Now ENOUGH ALREADY!
2018-6-8
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

Brantel Posted at 2018-6-8 03:55
There are dozens of threads on likely a  dozen forums and groups and I have personally noted over a hundred unique  reports (I stopped counting) of the yaw glitch/twitch or  slow turning while hovering.  There have been logs posted as well as videos.  The numbers are increasing every day...I noticed two more reports this morning.

@Brantel,

Yes, I've explored some of the other boards on the web looking for info, and I've seen them.

But careful, @hallmark007 only thinks there are 4 "unique" people with issues... That honestly makes me holler out laughing!
2018-6-8
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

3-D Posted at 2018-6-8 04:25
I went to bed too early...
this is me reading this thread now
[view_image]

@3-D,

When I woke up this morning and saw my Inbox filled with posting notices from DJI, I already knew what to expect...

2018-6-8
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-8 05:04
DJI GO 4 app has been updated to 4.2.20 as of a few hours ago.  Hoping this maybe fixes some issues you are seeing as well as the C1 and C2 buttons(MP) and function buttons(MA) stopping working after POI.

@SparksBird,

Yes I just it hit the iOS App Store.

It's depressing how developers only put down stuff like:

- Fixed occasional DJI GO 4 crash issues.
- General bug fixes and improvements.

For all we know, they just changed the font size of a menu item somewhere and a few lines of code and called it a day!

I wish developers stopped being so lazy and start putting out PROPER change logs! If you use Slack, you'll know what I mean

Right now it's gonna be raining all weekend where I am, so won't have the chance to try out my MA with the updated app, so will have to wait until next week
2018-6-8
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-8 07:39
@SparksBird,

Yes I just it hit the iOS App Store.

Well I figure they had to do some updates as they went from 4.2.16 to 4.2.20 and being in IT usually that means some major changes.  But as far as the MA and MP C1,C2,Function buttons no longer working after POI well that issue remains the same so very disappointed as I already tested this.  And I agree they did not even say what they fixed at all so being very discreet about this which is disappointing.  I really hope they do fix at least some of the major issues you guys are seeing.  
2018-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules